ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 extension

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tier1check

Tier 1 extension

Post by tier1check » Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:34 pm

Hi,

My brother is on tier1 visa and planning to apply for extension next year. He is in India working for an Indian IT company & have following Options.

1. if he continue to stay in India, will he be able to apply for extension from India?

2. If he comes in Uk 3-4 months before Visa expiry, what happens to his Indian income? Does his Indian income gets considered with Uplift ratio?
can he show 12 months income completely from India ( considering he can choose 12 months from last 15 months )?

Any other down side one can think of coming to UK just before (3 months before ) Visa expiry?

params0073
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 1 extension

Post by params0073 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:41 pm

tier1check wrote: 1. if he continue to stay in India, will he be able to apply for extension from India?
He can't apply for extension outside uk.
2. If he comes in Uk 3-4 months before Visa expiry, what happens to his Indian income? Does his Indian income gets considered with Uplifit ratio?
can he show 12 months income completely from India ( considering he can choose 12 months from last 15 months )?
He can use his indian income but not with uplift ration.It would be stariight conversion.Read guideline.
Any other down side one can think of coming to UK just before (3 months before ) Visa expiry?
No downside. You just have to satisfy Border agency officers at airport and explain that I am here for my visa extension with relevant documents (if asked)