ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

can the money benefited from VAT FLAT RATE be used as income

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bal001
Newly Registered

can the money benefited from VAT FLAT RATE be used as income

Post by bal001 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:47 am

Hi,

I have a limited company and I am the director of it. I have not made much revenue. I have a registered for flat rate scheme. my flat rate scheme is 14.5 %.

I want to know if the money benefited from VAT flat rate be extracted as salary or dividend that can be shown to UKBA.

Example :

My company makes revenue 2400 pounds including VAT

As I am registered for flat rate I pay only 348 pounds to HMRC and NOT 400 pounds

so the remaining money is 2052 pounds and NOT 2000 pounds.

so can I extract 2052 pounds as salary/dividend OR should I extract only 2000 pounds as salary/dividend ?

I am worried because HMRC says that 52 pounds benefit I get from flat rate scheme is actually like expense (like an average expense that company may incur)

so since this 52 pounds is like expense, can i extract it as salary/dividend ?

PLEASE HELP ME I NEED TO APPLY FOR VISA IN A FEW DAYS

THANKS
Bam

coolwind
United Kingdom

Re:

Post by coolwind » Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:36 pm

It should not be a problem as long as you have enough balance in your business account to pay corporation tax. I would suggest to consult your accountant about the maximum dividends you can withdraw.

bal001
Newly Registered

Re:

Post by bal001 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:59 pm

Thanks. I have one more doubt. when you say maximum dividend, are you saying that is there a restriction in the maximum dividend I can show to UKBA

or

are you saying that maximum dividend I can possibly take from my revenue after paying corporation tax and expenses ?

one more question.

I want to be absolutely sure on whether UKBA considers Net dividend or Gross dividend. This is not clear in the Tier 1 guidance. There are few posts in this site. However I want to be ABSOLUTELY sure, as I income is not high

Thanks
bam

coolwind
United Kingdom

Re:

Post by coolwind » Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:56 pm

Your second point about maximum dividends is correct:
"maximum dividend I can possibly take from my revenue after paying corporation tax and expenses ".

As far as your second question is concerned, I don't have a definite answer.
But, I would suggest to have enough net dividends to fulfill the earning requirements for your application.

bubin123
Member of Standing

Post by bubin123 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:24 pm

It's gross dividend and gross salary which are counted towards previous earning...

sparsh

Post by sparsh » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:42 am

bubin123 wrote:It's gross dividend and gross salary which are counted towards previous earning...
bubin123 where did you get this info from? It's Net Dividends and Gross salary,

bubin123
Member of Standing

Post by bubin123 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:48 pm

I renewed my visa this January... With gross dividend & gross salary based previous earning...
The same has been discussed on many threads in this forum...