ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching from Tier 4 dependent to Spouse ofa settled person

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

afridi786
Newly Registered

Switching from Tier 4 dependent to Spouse ofa settled person

Post by afridi786 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:09 pm

I have recently applied for a Long Residency visa after being a student for ten years, my wife have been in the UK for 6 months under the Tier 4 dependent, her visa finished in 2015, my question is that does my wife have to switch from Tier 4 dependent to Partner of settled person when i receive the visa or she can wait till the last month of her visa expiry? someone told me that points based dependent can apply to extend their points based dependent visa for three years before applying for a partner of a settled person? do I have to earn £18,600 for my dependent? I was on Tier 4 so I can not show that I was earning £18,600 in the past 12 months. is this gross or after tax? Please help < thanks

kamashh
Newly Registered

Re: Switching from Tier 4 dependent to Spouse ofa settled pe

Post by kamashh » Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:15 pm

afridi786 wrote:I have recently applied for a Long Residency visa after being a student for ten years, my wife have been in the UK for 6 months under the Tier 4 dependent, her visa finished in 2015, my question is that does my wife have to switch from Tier 4 dependent to Partner of settled person when i receive the visa or she can wait till the last month of her visa expiry? someone told me that points based dependent can apply to extend their points based dependent visa for three years before applying for a partner of a settled person? do I have to earn £18,600 for my dependent? I was on Tier 4 so I can not show that I was earning £18,600 in the past 12 months. is this gross or after tax? Please help < thanks

kamashh
Newly Registered

Re: Switching from Tier 4 dependent to Spouse ofa settled pe

Post by kamashh » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:47 pm

afridi786 wrote:I have recently applied for a Long Residency visa after being a student for ten years, my wife have been in the UK for 6 months under the Tier 4 dependent, her visa finished in 2015, my question is that does my wife have to switch from Tier 4 dependent to Partner of settled person when i receive the visa or she can wait till the last month of her visa expiry? someone told me that points based dependent can apply to extend their points based dependent visa for three years before applying for a partner of a settled person? do I have to earn £18,600 for my dependent? I was on Tier 4 so I can not show that I was earning £18,600 in the past 12 months. is this gross or after tax? Please help < thanks