ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

March 2013 - Naturalisation application timeline

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Victoriajam

Post by Victoriajam » Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:37 pm

[quote="ikk1980"]Hi All,

Im not sure how much this is true but there is a rumour going on that the HO IT / Printing equipment has got a major fault in it thats the reason no one has received any approval letters or acknowledgement letters in rhe past 10 days... I called the NCS office I applied from and the lady also told me that they have not received any citizenship certificates for the past 2 weeks as HO has some internal technical issues...
Has any one of you heard the same thing???[/quote]

That's what they told us via email last week. That they have some sort of issue that prevents them to despatch documents. Letters might be a different thing but they aren't sending any visas out. Any idea on how long this will take to resolve? We need our documents back urgently.

facts

Post by facts » Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:35 pm

Victoriajam wrote:That's what they told us via email last week. That they have some sort of issue that prevents them to despatch documents. Letters might be a different thing but they aren't sending any visas out. Any idea on how long this will take to resolve? We need our documents back urgently.
I hope they haven't lost documents/files while moving offices etc. What exactly did they say?

Victoriajam

Post by Victoriajam » Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:17 pm

[quote="facts"][quote="Victoriajam"]That's what they told us via email last week. That [b]they have some sort of issue that prevents them to despatch documents[/b]. Letters might be a different thing but they aren't sending any visas out. Any idea on how long this will take to resolve? We need our documents back urgently.[/quote]
I hope they haven't lost documents/files while moving offices etc. What exactly did they say?[/quote]

"We are having issues with one of our processes at the minute and are currently unable to despatch your visa." Vague as always...

ikk1980

Re: British Citizenship Update

Post by ikk1980 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:25 pm

ikk1980 wrote:Eligibility Criteria: Spouse British Citizen 2 Year + ILR 1 Year
Method Of Application: National Checking Service Manchester (£45.00)
Date Of Application: 13/03/2013
Date Of Receipt By UKBA: 14/03/2013 (Checked Online Royal Mail Tracking)
Date Of Debit Of Fees: 20/03/2013
Date Of Receipt Of Acknowledgement: 27/03/2013 (Letter Dated: 20/03/13)
Date Of Receipt Of Approval: TBC
Date Of Ceremony: TBC

I Can See That A Majority Of People Who Applied 2nd Week Or 3rd Week Of March 2013 Are Still Waiting For Approval.

Lets Hope For The Best.

Update 22.07.13

I Emailed Home Office On Thursday 18.07.13 Asking Them If They Have Sent Any Further Correspondence After The Acknowledgement.

I Got A Reply From The Home Office This Morning At 09:22 Hrs Stating The Following (Thank You For Your Email Below, I Can Confirm That No Further Letters Have Been Sent Since That You Received On 20th March 2013. Your Address Details Are Held Correctly On Our System.)

Then I Got Another Email From The Home Office At 14:18 Hrs Stating The Following (Thank You For Your Email. I Have Checked Our Records And Can Confirm That A Decision Has Been Made On Your Application. The Decision Letter And Any Supporting Documents Should Be With You Shortly. If You Do Not Receive The Decision By 5th August, Please Contact Us Again.)

Now The Actual Wait & Suspense Starts What The Decision Is + When The Post Man Is Going To Bring The Brown Envelope. Will Update As Soon As The Brown Envelope Arrives.
Update 06.08.13

I Again Emailed Home Office On 02.08.13

(Good Evening, Hope To Find You Well. I Just Wanted To Update You That Till Now I Have Not Received Any Decision Letter On Your Behalf Since Your Last Email Correspondence On 22.07.13 In My Post.

I Am Wondering If It Has Either Been Delivered Again To A Wrong Mail Box In My Apartment Or It Has Been Lost In The Post By Royal Mail.

Any Ways Is It Possible To Get The Decision Of My Application On My Email?

Thank You For Your Assistance & Have A Nice Weekend.
)

Then I Got This Reply Today On 06.08.13

(Thank You For Your Email.

I Have Contacted The Team And Asked Them To Reprint The Letter And Send It To You Again.
)

So I Think I Have To Wait Another 10 - 15 Days To Find Out...

Victoriajam

Post by Victoriajam » Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:11 am

[quote="facts"][quote="Victoriajam"]That's what they told us via email last week. That [b]they have some sort of issue that prevents them to despatch documents[/b]. Letters might be a different thing but they aren't sending any visas out. Any idea on how long this will take to resolve? We need our documents back urgently.[/quote]
I hope they haven't lost documents/files while moving offices etc. What exactly did they say?[/quote]

By the way, they have actually lost our passports now or better to say cannot locate them....

ikk1980

Post by ikk1980 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:14 am

Victoriajam wrote:
facts wrote:
Victoriajam wrote:That's what they told us via email last week. That they have some sort of issue that prevents them to despatch documents. Letters might be a different thing but they aren't sending any visas out. Any idea on how long this will take to resolve? We need our documents back urgently.
I hope they haven't lost documents/files while moving offices etc. What exactly did they say?
By the way, they have actually lost our passports now or better to say cannot locate them....
Have they actually lost you passports? What visa are you talking about?

Victoriajam

Post by Victoriajam » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:29 am

They tried to return our passpors to us (it was an EEA2 application btw) and then realised they are not with the rest of our file. They searched for a bit without success. So atm they are lost within the UKBA. It would be so great if they could find them as my husband is Iranian and there is no embassy in the UK these days. Basically we dont have a clue how we would obtain a new passport for him. Probably travelling to Teheran and then being stuck there for months. Unbelievable!!!

scrapper

Post by scrapper » Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:39 pm

ayesha11 wrote:sooo any update :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: now i am mentally preparing myself dat after i after 6 month i hav to ask mp.so planning wat would write him ,.. :roll: :roll: :roll:
ayesha11 have you received your approval yet?

I dont think you have to wait for 6 months to contact your MP, you should be able to contact your area MP now.

ayesha11

Post by ayesha11 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:13 pm

scrapper wrote:
ayesha11 wrote:sooo any update :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: now i am mentally preparing myself dat after i after 6 month i hav to ask mp.so planning wat would write him ,.. :roll: :roll: :roll:
ayesha11 have you received your approval yet?

I dont think you have to wait for 6 months to contact your MP, you should be able to contact your area MP now.

No I havent received any mail frm ho .yes I hav got my appointment with mp .so lets hope better .bcz am worried as well my bro friend havnt received any letter (he applied for ilr thru 10 yr route ) n after tracking down he came to know dat ho sent him letter on wrong address in liverpool while he lives in manchester n also ho lost all his family passports yani total 6 passports n hez mad :twisted: :twisted: these days .so am praying everything should be fine

ayesha11

Post by ayesha11 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:33 pm

anyone frm end march still waiting

ikk1980

Post by ikk1980 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:27 am

ikk1980 wrote:

I Can See That A Majority Of People Who Applied 2nd Week Or 3rd Week Of March 2013 Are Still Waiting For Approval.

Lets Hope For The Best.

Update 22.07.13

I Emailed Home Office On Thursday 18.07.13 Asking Them If They Have Sent Any Further Correspondence After The Acknowledgement.

I Got A Reply From The Home Office This Morning At 09:22 Hrs Stating The Following (Thank You For Your Email Below, I Can Confirm That No Further Letters Have Been Sent Since That You Received On 20th March 2013. Your Address Details Are Held Correctly On Our System.)

Then I Got Another Email From The Home Office At 14:18 Hrs Stating The Following (Thank You For Your Email. I Have Checked Our Records And Can Confirm That A Decision Has Been Made On Your Application. The Decision Letter And Any Supporting Documents Should Be With You Shortly. If You Do Not Receive The Decision By 5th August, Please Contact Us Again.)

Now The Actual Wait & Suspense Starts What The Decision Is + When The Post Man Is Going To Bring The Brown Envelope. Will Update As Soon As The Brown Envelope Arrives.
Update 06.08.13

(Good Evening, Hope To Find You Well. I Just Wanted To Update You That Till Now I Have Not Received Any Decision Letter On Your Behalf Since Your Last Email Correspondence On 22.07.13 In My Post.

I Am Wondering If It Has Either Been Delivered Again To A Wrong Mail Box In My Apartment Or It Has Been Lost In The Post By Royal Mail.

)

I Have Contacted The Team And Asked Them To Reprint The Letter And Send It To You Again.
)

Update 13.08.13

Eligibility Criteria: Spouse British Citizen 2 Year + ILR 1 Year
Date Of Receipt Of Approval: 12.08.13 (Letter Dated: 22/07/13)

Alhamdulillah, Thanks To Allah & Prayers From My Family & Friends Finally After 152 Days To Be Exact Of My Application Submission To The NCS I Have At Last Received The Approval Letter + Invitation Letter. Called The Council To Book The Ceremony But They Have Not Received Any Certificates Yet For The Past 3 Weeks So They Told Me To Call On Friday. Will Update The Ceremony Dates Once I Manage To Book. So 1 More Down From March Applications. Keep Your Hopes High Every One Waiting Will Get Your Soon Insha Allah.

ayesha11

Post by ayesha11 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:38 pm

ikk1980 wrote:
ikk1980 wrote:

Lets Hope For The Best.

Update 22.07.13

Update 06.08.13

)

)

Update 13.08.13

Alhamdulillah, Thanks To Allah & Prayers From My Family & Friends Finally After 152 Days To Be Exact Of My Application Submission To The NCS I Have At Last Received The Approval Letter + Invitation Letter. Called The Council To Book The Ceremony But They Have Not Received Any Certificates Yet For The Past 3 Weeks So They Told Me To Call On Friday. Will Update The Ceremony Dates Once I Manage To Book. So 1 More Down From March Applications. Keep Your Hopes High Every One Waiting Will Get Your Soon Insha Allah.

congratulations :D

ikk1980

Post by ikk1980 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:22 pm

ayesha11 wrote:
ikk1980 wrote:
ikk1980 wrote:

Lets Hope For The Best.

Update 22.07.13

Update 06.08.13

)

)

Update 13.08.13

congratulations :D
Thanks Ayesha... Insha Allah You Will Get Yours Soon As Well As The Others Waiting For March...

ikk1980

Post by ikk1980 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:55 am

ikk1980 wrote:
ikk1980 wrote:

Lets Hope For The Best.

Update 22.07.13

Update 06.08.13

)

)

Update 13.08.13

Update 14.08.13

Date Of Ceremony: 20.08.13 (Luckily My Day Off Work)

Just Spoke To The Council And They Said They Only Do Ceremonies Once A Month And For This Month The Only One Is On 20.08.13 As It Was My Day Off I Booked It Immediatley.

ayesha11

Post by ayesha11 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:16 pm

Victoriajam wrote:
facts wrote:

I am 100% sure they lost my documents I have sent email to MP so lets see what he reply . :twisted: :twisted:

ikk1980

Post by ikk1980 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:08 am

I Hope This Week Brings Good News For All Who Are Still Waiting From March...

ayesha11

Post by ayesha11 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:49 am

ikk1980 wrote:I Hope This Week Brings Good News For All Who Are Still Waiting From March...
lets see

ikk1980

Post by ikk1980 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:10 pm

ikk1980 wrote:
ikk1980 wrote:
ikk1980 wrote:

Lets Hope For The Best.

Update 22.07.13

Update 06.08.13

)

)

Update 13.08.13

Update 14.08.13

Just Spoke To The Council And They Said They Only Do Ceremonies Once A Month And For This Month The Only One Is On 20.08.13 As It Was My Day Off I Booked It Immediatley.
Update 20.08.13

Date Of Receipt Of Certificate: 20.08.13

Alhamdulillah The Most Difficult Or Should I Say The Most Traumatising Phase Of My British Citizenship Has Finally Come To An End, Had A Nice Ceremony The Mayor & His Wife & The High Sheriff Where Present For The Ceremony And The Mayor Handed Out The Certificates. Now I Move On To The Last Phase & Start The Passport Journey Tomorrow. I Will Still Be Available To Provide My Thoughts & Suggestions If Any One Needs Please Do Not Hesitate To Contact Me. Thank You All For Your Valuable Comments. Wish You All The Best.

ikk1980

Post by ikk1980 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:14 pm

Any good news from my fellow March applicants?

Thought_Oasis
Newly Registered

Post by Thought_Oasis » Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:55 am

No, IKK :(

It's going to be 6 months on the 9th of September.

Obviously, something's gone wrong....somewhere.

Thought_Oasis
Newly Registered

Post by Thought_Oasis » Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:11 pm

Guess what? An hour after posting this... I got the ELUSIVE brown Letter! When I had given up hopes of a 6 month turnaround... this hit me like hard like a Big ol Positive High Five!..... I'm really chuffed right now!

Method Of Application: National Checking Service Ealing
Date Of Application: 09/03/2013
Date Of Receipt By UKBA: 14/03/2013
Date Of Debit Of Fees: 18/03/2013
Date Of Receipt Of Acknowledgement: 21/03/2013
Date Of Receipt Of Approval: 31.08.13 (5 MONTHS AND 17 DAYS!)...how close is that?....
Date Of Ceremony: TBD
Date Of Receipt Of Certificate: TBD

Now I shall follow up with my council on Monday- hopefully, they've got my letter and spaces for the ceremony.

The very best of luck to all who are waiting. It'll come people...it will come!

ikk1980

Post by ikk1980 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:14 pm

Thought_Oasis wrote:Guess what? An hour after posting this... I got the ELUSIVE brown Letter! When I had given up hopes of a 6 month turnaround... this hit me like hard like a Big ol Positive High Five!..... I'm really chuffed right now!

Method Of Application: National Checking Service Ealing
Date Of Application: 09/03/2013
Date Of Receipt By UKBA: 14/03/2013
Date Of Debit Of Fees: 18/03/2013
Date Of Receipt Of Acknowledgement: 21/03/2013
Date Of Receipt Of Approval: 31.08.13 (5 MONTHS AND 17 DAYS!)...how close is that?....
Date Of Ceremony: TBD
Date Of Receipt Of Certificate: TBD

Now I shall follow up with my council on Monday- hopefully, they've got my letter and spaces for the ceremony.

The very best of luck to all who are waiting. It'll come people...it will come!
:D :) :o :shock: 8) :lol: :P :wink:
Congrats Thought_Oasis Always Have Faith In Allah... And Never Give Up Hope...

bnaresh81
Newly Registered

Re: March 2013 - Naturalisation application timeline

Post by bnaresh81 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:15 pm

Hi ,
Everyone .Today i have spoken to Home office Croydon ,They said
My application is not yet Allocated to case worker after 6 Months also.
My question is :
Without allocation will they decide the application or
Only Case worker will decide the outcome.
Secondly Why it is not allocated after 6 Months also.
Have any one had the same Response from HO .
They even dont know how long it will take for the application .
I have spoken to 08706067766 General no of Home office.

samkma
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by samkma » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:38 am

bnaresh81
Why don't you contact your MP and ask him/her to write to UKBA.
Find your MP here http://findyourmp.parliament.uk/
“Impossible is just an opinion.”
.......Paulo Coelho

ayesha11

Post by ayesha11 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:17 pm

samkma wrote:bnaresh81
Why don't you contact your MP and ask him/her to write to UKBA.
Find your MP here http://findyourmp.parliament.uk/
I hav also contacted wid MP n no reply frm there.