ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa for parents

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tier-1

Visa for parents

Post by tier-1 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:44 pm

Hello Friends,

I have ILR visa. My wife is pregnant and want my parents or in-laws to visit London for pre-natal care.

I am not in employment now, so family visitor visa is ruled out.

What other options are there?

Many Thanks for your reply.

Regards

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:18 pm

I don't think family visa is ruled out. As you are settled, so family visitor is still the right category for them to apply.
However, due to your unemployment if you are unable to extend financial sponsorship to them, then they can show their own finances and apply for visa. You can also show your savings.

kuruvi

Post by kuruvi » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:34 pm

Family Visit category no longer exists.

It is just a general visit visa now. No right of appeal.

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:10 pm

Take a look at the Family Visitor category

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:22 pm

Family visit visas have not been scrapped, instead the appeal system has changed, only appeals on grounds of discrimination will be accepted by the HO.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

tier-1

Post by tier-1 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:13 am

Thanks everybody.

Family visitor visa form has a section where I have to provide my employers detail. I cant skip that. Also I don't want to let my family know about my unemployment now.

I was thinking of tourist visa? My in-laws are concerned that if they come on tourist visa and stay at my house, then they will have to answer officials at airport at the time of returning back. Is that true? Are the returning tourists asked as to where all they visited and what they did during their stay in UK?

deleted_user

Post by deleted_user » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:24 am

My in-laws are concerned that if they come on tourist visa and stay at my house, then they will have to answer officials at airport at the time of returning back. Is that true? Are the returning tourists asked as to where all they visited and what they did during their stay in UK?
If you are returning to your country, UKBA should happily let you board the plane ASAP. They are not interested in what you did. They are glad you are leaving. Your in-laws will have to show where they will live and what they will do before coming and before entry to UK however.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:58 am

A General/Family visitor is also a tourist.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

tier-1

Post by tier-1 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:29 pm

Hello Everybody,

I need to call my in-laws on tourist visa and they will be staying at house. Do I need to write an invitation letter to them? What attachments will I need to attach? Will utility-bill be sufficient? Do I need to get an email-consent from the Landlord as well?

Thanks

tier-1

Re: Visa for parents

Post by tier-1 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:55 am

Hello Friends,

My mother went to VFS Delhi yesterday for visitor visa. There was an error in the application which we corrected on the hard copy before submitting.

The lady at VFS had a look at the application and accepted it. We are not sure weather she noticed the correction or not?

So just want to know from your experiences as to what happens in such cases? Are minor corrections acceptable ?

It was not an important field. The name of spouse had to be corrected?

tier-1

Re: Visa for parents

Post by tier-1 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:35 pm

Any input on this from anyone, Please.