ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Approved at PEO Solihull

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aknight

ILR Approved at PEO Solihull

Post by aknight » Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:33 pm

I am pleased to share with you guys my ILR is approved today at Solihull PEO. I am on WP + Tier 1 (General) visa in my last 5 consecutive years of stay in the UK. I have been following several posts on this wonderful website and gradually gained knowledge to apply on my own. Thanks to all who spent their precious time in replying to my posts and contributed indirectly for my ILR approval :)

The much awaited stuff 'How did it go?', here you go...
Well, my appointment was at 12PM. I drove to Solihull and parked my car in John Lewis car parking at 11:15AM. I walked down through Touchwood shopping centre (unusual name for a shopping centre for me!) to the PEO centre gazing at welcoming shops. I managed to reach the PEO centre without getting distracted on my way.

11:45AM Reached PEO centre and had airport style security check and then I was ushered to lounge.

12:00PM I was given a ticket by the secuirty along with a leaflet containing what is going to happen that day with my application and how. On back of it a customer survey on PEO Solihull centre.

12:45PM My ticket number was called out to submit my application at one of the counters. I submitted my application form, all original documents including photocopies. I was asked by the officer to double check my payment details before she went to process the payment. All my documents except passport were retained by her and I was advised to go back and wait for Biometrics.

1:30PM My ticket number was called out to submit Biometrics this time. My passport was retained by Biometrics processing officer at this stage.

3:00PM Long wait I know, I was annoyed slightly but finally told I could go out and come back by 3:45PM to know the outcome.

3:45PM After resisting to shop around, I managed to reach back at the centre to know they hadn't got any outcome yet!

3:50PM My ticket number was called out to tell me my application was approved and I got all my original documents back except letters from employers. On my way out, I gave them the survey form which I already filled during my wait time.

Here are the documents I submitted -

1. Duly filled SET(O) application form with two passport size photographs attached.
2. Previous Tier 1 General extension approval letter, which contains points claimed and awarded.
3. HMRC Employment details + P60 forms for the last 5 years.
(I know it is redundant to supply both but I did as I didn't see anything wrong or harm doing so)
4. Life in the UK Test pass notification letter.
5. Last 12 months Payslips and Bank statements.
(Bank statements are latest till date 29th Aug. Because I had to postpone my appointment, my last 12 months bank statements would have been older more than a month, so I had to get a latest up to date statement from the Bank directly)
6. Absence letter from current and previous employers.
(I had around 4.5 months break away from the country, though it is less than 180 days I was bit worried but employer letter boosted my confidence, although this seems optional as we see from many other posts)
7. Current employer letter on company ownership transfer.
8. Passport & BRP card
9. Cover letter as I had to explain about bank statements and my absences (this is again optional document)

I hope this helps for those aspiring to get your ILR!

Cheers

himpa

Solihull PEO

Post by himpa » Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:01 pm

Hi,
I have come to know Solihull PEO unlike other PEO take payment after case decision is made, how it is happening now.

thanks
hims

aknight

Post by aknight » Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:35 am

What they do is first an officer verify your documents and take payment. Once payment is through, then you are allowed to go to Biometrics and Case Worker taking up your case.

himpa

Post by himpa » Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:29 am

thanks, any idea if it is this same in other PEO eg. croydon, verifying documents and then taking payments, earlier in souihull they take payment AFTER case worker assessment I think i.e. no risk to money if case is unsuccessful.

sflove786
Newly Registered

lucky you , congrats

Post by sflove786 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:43 pm

congrats ,
i went to solihull as well 14th august 2013 but they said they are very bzy and have less staff so they cant make decision same day but they will let me know within a week time . its been 18 days now i havnt heard from them anything . im calling them everyday but had no response .
plz plz pray for me as well . im really worried coz my application was straight forward.
congrats once again .

aknight

Post by aknight » Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:58 pm

Sorry to hear that! Usually if an application is not straight forward, then they take few more days to announce the outcome. It is unfortunate that because of less staff your application is still being processed. Don't worry, just hold your breath for little more time! Good luck!

Cheers