ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

SDP

Post by SDP » Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:25 pm

yummymummy3j wrote:@verbina thx for the cyber hugs..... i hope you have a good dream tonite...lolzzzz
@time503 thnk you for d words of encouragement am sure it will help summer 2013 a great deal
@aleoo1 how are you bro ? its been ages...
@sdp, dapsonlee,believe and shondra and everyone pls keep hope alive , enjoy yr weekend i will keep you all on my mind and remember you in my prayers...... goodnite all and i leave you in the care of God..till tommorrow , sweet drmzzzzzzzz
Thank you Yummymummy !

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:26 pm

Thank you @ yummymummy3j !!
Last edited by verbina on Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:46 pm

Grre sorry another double post I cant delete

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:53 pm

hatchsead wrote:Transfer of immigration judicial reviews to Upper Tribunal

http://www.freemovement.org.uk/2013/08/ ... #more-9834

The main changes in the short term seem to be that a wig will make one look silly, the venue is less impressive and the judges are more junior in rank.
Pointless because the appeals for the UT will inevitably end up in the High Courts. Ill-thought out idea and cheap too. This is to deter people from undertaking Judicial Reviews. The best way to mitigate this problem is to scrutinise the quality of the decisions made by the case units and senior case workers - Just more red tape, barriers and deterrents or quangos which blimmen call me Dave of the Big society promised to eradicate. it's getting worse. Judicial review is not a privilege, it's a right and a means to ensure justice is served commensurately. No doubt this will send jitters amongst the Law Society...........

- err to more mundane things - my footie team didn't win tonight, how they managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory is beyond me. I can confirm no funky cigarettes have been smoked tonight (as I don't smoke) neither have I intoxicated myself to a state of 'I can barely scratch myself' with stella artois! I only drink Fosters, now that's a touch of class and a gentleman's tipple lol! Night yummymummy3j night all
“I am not a saint unless you think a saint is a sinner who keeps trying"

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:31 am

yummymummy3j wrote:@verbina thx for the cyber hugs..... i hope you have a good dream tonite...lolzzzz
@time503 thnk you for d words of encouragement am sure it will help summer 2013 a great deal
@aleoo1 how are you bro ? its been ages...
@sdp, dapsonlee,believe and shondra and everyone pls keep hope alive , enjoy yr weekend i will keep you all on my mind and remember you in my prayers...... goodnite all and i leave you in the care of God..till tommorrow , sweet drmzzzzzzzz
Thank you very much yummymummy. God bless you real good!

Salama84
Newly Registered

Post by Salama84 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:27 am

Hello everyone,

I am a silent follower of this forum,

I would like to let everyone to know of my timeline,

FLR (O) Application submitted : 19/06/2012
Biometric taken : October 2012
Outcome : Granted 30 months letter dated 29/08/2013 and received to solicitor's office: 30/08/2013.

I entered the UK illegally and then met my British partner she was not British then as she only naturalised recently. we also have a British child.

i would like to wish all of you the best of luck, who ever is waiting the long will soon end and hopefully you will be blessed with good news, People who have been refused, please trust in God and soon your suffering will end.

Congratulations to all who have been granted, all of us have is own circumstances but i am sure that all of us have one thing in common, we all want to be free and protect our private life.

thank you
all the best to all specially Verbina.

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:39 am

Salama84 wrote:Hello everyone,

Outcome : Granted 30 months letter dated 29/08/2013 and received to solicitor's office: 30/08/2013.

I entered the UK illegally and then met my British partner she was not British then as she only naturalised recently. we also have a British child.

i would like to wish all of you the best of luck, who ever is waiting the long will soon end and hopefully you will be blessed with good news, People who have been refused, please trust in God and soon your suffering will end.

Congratulations to all who have been granted, all of us have is own circumstances but i am sure that all of us have one thing in common, we all want to be free and protect our private life.

thank you
@Salama84 Heyyy congratulations to your and your family!!!! Thank you for sharing this wonderful news here with us!!! Stay Blessed!!! :)

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:48 am

Good morning everyone!!!

Hope you all had a good night's sleep (no nightmares for me thanks @yummymummy)!

Here's Best Practice Guide from Electronic Immigration Network for appeals.
(it has a lot of useless asylum info, but also plenty of helpful human rights things). Thought it may be useful for some...

http://www.ein.org.uk/bpg/contents

@summer2013 babe, have you got your letter yet?x

rachelA
Newly Registered

flro waiting for refusal letter imminent

Post by rachelA » Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:04 am

please help we applied for ab flr o extension on the 16th of august. we received a letter from the ukba dated 20th of august which said thank you for the application if there are any issues with your fee yout applicatiob will be rejected it has now been passed to a caseworker for considerstion.you will receive further correspondence regarding the next steps in making your application. i have spoken to my bank and they tried to take the money on the 20th but it was rejected due to insufficient funds.the bank says that at the close of business on the 20th there was 618 pounds in the account but there was a delay in 180 going in which meant that they couldnt take the paymwnt. What do i do now? i still havnt heard anything but i expect they are sending the application back to us. At no point did they contact us about the problem. if we apply again it will be rejected as invalid as in the Basnet case. are they still allowed to do this? Do we have 28 days to resubmit? will they accept the payment over the phone ? im worried ans confused. please aomebody respond to my questions im sick with worry. thank u

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:28 am

good morning my pple...@salama am so happy for you ......
@verbina lol iam so glad you slept well wit no wierd dreams :D :lol: :lol:

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Re: flro waiting for refusal letter imminent

Post by Believe2013 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:46 am

rachelA wrote:please help we applied for ab flr o extension on the 16th of august. we received a letter from the ukba dated 20th of august which said thank you for the application if there are any issues with your fee yout applicatiob will be rejected it has now been passed to a caseworker for considerstion.you will receive further correspondence regarding the next steps in making your application. i have spoken to my bank and they tried to take the money on the 20th but it was rejected due to insufficient funds.the bank says that at the close of business on the 20th there was 618 pounds in the account but there was a delay in 180 going in which meant that they couldnt take the paymwnt. What do i do now? i still havnt heard anything but i expect they are sending the application back to us. At no point did they contact us about the problem. if we apply again it will be rejected as invalid as in the Basnet case. are they still allowed to do this? Do we have 28 days to resubmit? will they accept the payment over the phone ? im worried ans confused. please aomebody respond to my questions im sick with worry. thank u

Good morning All, Congrats Salama very nicely played - best of luck going forward.

Hi in my experience with payments, if the HO attempt to debit the fee and it's unsuccessful they will definitely send back the application as invalid - I never received such notice/ a call to say that the transaction was unsuccessful. I panicked and was worried about that too. I rang my bank and asked for a report detailing all attempted transactions - sadly it doesn't appear as an attempt if the card details are wrong, I needed this report to prove that there were sufficient funds in the account to honour the transaction but it was an error on our part (solicitor transposed 2 digits of my card - an honest mistake perhaps but I should have checked)
Who knows, you could be lucky and they may attempt again. Good luck

summer2013

Post by summer2013 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:53 am

junaidmirza and Salama84 Congratulations for both of you, have a happy life

verbina dear, waiting for postman, hope he does come today :?
FLR(O) send: 17/08/2012 (7 yrs rule)
Bio done: 14/02/2013
Decision: Refused with no right of Appeal

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:11 pm

summer2013 wrote:junaidmirza and Salama84 Congratulations for both of you, have a happy life

verbina dear, waiting for postman, hope he does come today :?
should do :roll:

Khaldoon

Post by Khaldoon » Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:13 pm

Good morning every one,
Congrats Salama well done and enjoy your freedom,
what does it mean by 10 years rules and 7 years rules and could I know which one of them applies on my case?

rachelA
Newly Registered

Post by rachelA » Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:18 pm

thank u @Believe2013 do you think they will say the applicatiob is invalid if i resubmit? the Basnet ruling states that the postal applicatiob system is unfair because they do not give you an opportunity to correct any mistakes. if it wad an in person apolication you get a chance to give a different method of payment if it doesnt go through. Also apparently a 'valid' application is one where tje correct details are supplied. the fact that they didnt take the payment doesnt make it invalid. is this correct? do u think they will accept payment over the phone or is it too late? the documents are probably on their way back to us now

Khaldoon

Post by Khaldoon » Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:19 pm

Again my case as I applied for an extension for my DLR the been granted since Aug 2009, based on a family life in UK as I got British partner and British girl, and when I applied for extension I still with my partner and three British kids, I work and study in the same time, And just graduated from London South Bank University as a 1st Degree Petroleum engineer,
My Time Line:
Date of Application Submitted: 29th July 2012
Date of Ackn Letter: 4th August 2012
Date of Bio metric letter received: 16th Feb 2013
Date of Bio-metric done: 17th Feb 2013

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:19 pm

Salama84 wrote:Hello everyone,

thank you
A huge congrats to you salama84. God bless you and welcome to the promise land!!! ☺

rachelA
Newly Registered

Post by rachelA » Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:20 pm

do u think i have grounds to appeal and take this to the first tier tribunal?

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:25 pm

verbina wrote:Good morning everyone!!!

Hope you all had a good night's sleep (no nightmares for me thanks @yummymummy)!

Here's Best Practice Guide from Electronic Immigration Network for appeals.
(it has a lot of useless asylum info, but also plenty of helpful human rights things). Thought it may be useful for some...

http://www.ein.org.uk/bpg/contents

@summer2013 babe, have you got your letter yet?x
Ace, extremely useful - thank you!

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:32 pm

rachelA wrote:do u think i have grounds to appeal and take this to the first tier tribunal?
Hi Rachael its understandable to be panicky but it all honesty you just need to be calm. Dealing with home office requires one heart mind and soul. Like Believe2013 said, if the payment cannot go through, the form will be sent back as "payment error" not "invalid application" so all you have to do is just fill in the correct payment details and resend it again. Invalid application will only occur if you used the wrong form for the right visa.

They won't accept payment over the phone but once again you could be an exception to the rule cos God works like that. So no need to panick just sit back and wait on them to return it all and then amend details accordingly. God bless you

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:37 pm

Khaldoon wrote:Again my case as I applied for an extension for my DLR the been granted since Aug 2009, based on a family life in UK as I got British partner and British girl, and when I applied for extension I still with my partner and three British kids, I work and study in the same time, And just graduated from London South Bank University as a 1st Degree Petroleum engineer,
My Time Line:
I honestly doubt they would reject an extension to be honest. I believe so much that you will be granted. Only that extension painfully takes time as the likes of yummymummy3j, sanny26 and few others cos in the end God saw them through and so will he you. It's on the way so just carry on you never know Monday or tuesday could take you by surprise 😊

Khaldoon

Post by Khaldoon » Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:50 pm

Thank you Dapsonlee, what does it mean by 10 years rules and 7 years rules and could I know which one of them applies on my case?

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:51 pm

rachelA wrote:thank u @Believe2013 do you think they will say the applicatiob is invalid if i resubmit? the Basnet ruling states that the postal applicatiob system is unfair because they do not give you an opportunity to correct any mistakes. if it wad an in person apolication you get a chance to give a different method of payment if it doesnt go through. Also apparently a 'valid' application is one where tje correct details are supplied. the fact that they didnt take the payment doesnt make it invalid. is this correct? do u think they will accept payment over the phone or is it too late? the documents are probably on their way back to us now
What goes on in the HO is a mystery more like death we don't really know for sure what happens after..... Anyways, I totally agree with what you are saying, however, three things that the HO lack are SYMPATHY, FAIRNESS and COMMON SENSE. You are liable if your provide payment details on the form so it means you agree for them to process the application and the fee so they will send it back as invalid if the payment is not successful unfortunately. There is the option of a free application if you are destitute but you would need to satisfy and substantiate this. I have not heard of anyone that has processed their payment over the phone just as a safety precaution because there are some unruly characters out there that will fraudulently use other people's payment detail so I suspect that option is not available. I could be wrong not entirely sure. Probably the documents are on the way back to you. Just re-submit ASAP when you receive them Rachel. All the best

rachelA
Newly Registered

Post by rachelA » Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:01 pm

thank u everyone for your reassurance i work full time for the nhs so cant claim destitution. im just scared that they will be harsh with us and tell us that he now has no leave to remain when we resend the application. all i can do is attach the proof of postage for the intial in-time application and a letter explaining the issue with the bank and hope for the best. i will call them on monday morning

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:04 pm

Khaldoon wrote:Again my case as I applied for an extension for my DLR the been granted since Aug 2009, based on a family life in UK as I got British partner and British girl, and when I applied for extension I still with my partner and three British kids, I work and study in the same time, And just graduated from London South Bank University as a 1st Degree Petroleum engineer,
My Time Line:
I don't get it why you didn't apply for a spousal visa? could you kindly clarify please.