ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do I need to register with hmrc

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Kumar197

Do I need to register with hmrc

Post by Kumar197 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:36 pm

I am new to this entrepreneur visa I need some help I have register one company last week I got incorporation certificate and company no from company house now
do I need to register with HMRC ?
What else I need to do ?

KickAss
Member of Standing

Re: Do I need to register with hmrc

Post by KickAss » Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:48 pm

Kumar197 wrote:I am new to this entrepreneur visa I need some help I have register one company last week I got incorporation certificate and company no from company house now
What else I need to do ?
Best advice !
You need to hire an accountant, You can hire individual accountant if you know some one really well .
OR
There are many companies which provide accounting services, LTD company management at a fees of say <100 pounds a month.

Irrespective of T1E visa application, you need your company accounts to be managed by someone.
Hence its better to start doing it if you are actively involved in the business.
Don't ask me for any company names as its against this forum policies.
:)
Dont PM me.. Post it on the Forum ! It will help everyone :)
You can PM me the link or something specific to you.

KickAss
Member of Standing

Post by KickAss » Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:50 pm

Kumar197 wrote:I am new to this entrepreneur visa I need some help I have register one company last week I got incorporation certificate and company no from company house now
What else I need to do ?
Sorry a quick answer to your question, I am not sure about this case as my accountant did all this for me.
But I guess at some point you have to register.
So why not now ?
Dont PM me.. Post it on the Forum ! It will help everyone :)
You can PM me the link or something specific to you.

Darvesh
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Darvesh » Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:21 pm

Registering your new company at Companies House

A limited company comes into existence when it is incorporated or 'registered' at Companies House. Limited companies must file certain documents with Companies House when they are first set up and on an ongoing (normally annual) basis. These Companies House requirements are separate to what your company needs to do for HMRC for Corporation Tax purposes.

Companies House tells HMRC when any limited company is formed and registered with them. But if you use the Companies House Web Incorporation Service and your company is 'active' at the time you incorporate it, for example it has started trading or receiving income, you can choose to supply the statutory information you need to give HMRC when you become active at the same time.

HMRC uses the information they receive from Companies House to set up a computer record for your company and allocates it a reference number known as a Unique Taxpayer Reference (UTR). They then send form CT41G (Corporation Tax - Information for New Companies) to your company's registered office. This form includes your company's UTR so please keep it safe as you will need it to contact HMRC. It also tells you what you need to do if your company has become 'active' and suggests other tax implications your company may need to consider.

It's important that you read form CT41G carefully and take any action that's needed promptly. The following sections cover the main things you need to do and when.

Babuska

Post by Babuska » Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:54 pm

What else I need to do ?
Hi,
- Main things that you do manage your business proper at level 4/above if you are by route 50K.
- You can easily regist with HMRC by your self and get your VAT code.
- At the starting, you may not need the accountant yet if not many transactions. UKBA required only one (or can be more) trading contract so do check it proper with required information....
- In our case, We hire an accountant after started active/operate in more than 8 months from registration with Company house. Accountant did nothing other than quarterly Tax report
- At the interview, you need to show the business bank statement which is not require any accountant inputs.