ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Croatian needs help

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

prpa84
Newly Registered

Croatian needs help

Post by prpa84 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:42 pm

Hi there,sorry if this is in a wrong place . I am Croatian citizen recently moved to Glasgow to live with my fiance that is UK citizen.
Im trying to get a job here for 3 months without success. I got a job offer for bskyb as a sales advisor in inbound retention call center and in IBM in a call center but when I mentioned that I need working permanent they told me that they cannot sponsor for those jobs... As I realist that there is no chance for me to get sponsorship Im trying to find alternative ways to get working permanent...
My fiance and me are in a relationship for almost 2 years.
Year and half we lived and worked together on a cruise ship, rest of the time we were living together on the land...
We are planning to get married but in a year or two when we save some money..
What are criteria and requirements to get unmarried partners visa? How much dose it cost?
Any advice and suggestion would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:45 pm

Can you do a self employed job?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:49 pm

It is a pity that life's tough for accession member states.

As others pointed out, you could be self-employed. There are many people in the IT industry who are self-employed. No permission is required to work in this category.

Also, not all member states chose to apply transitional controls. You might consider working somewhere else.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:01 pm

You should be able to apply for a permission to work, or a Registration certificate once you are married, or when your relationship has subsisted for 2 years. Make sure you keep evidence of joint cohabitation.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

prpa84
Newly Registered

Post by prpa84 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:04 pm

Can you tell me what are criteria you have to meet to receive self employed certificate?

Can you after one year switch into different category, request blue certificate like its the case with purple certificate, if you work for a year without interruption you can request blue one and then you have no restrictions

I am also photographer, can I shoot for example weddings for some company? Or in worst case scenario clean offices for some company as self employed?
Unfortunately to work in some other country is not a option because my fiance is living here....I Came here only because we wan to start the family and it would be really hard for her to work in any other place where English is not primary language...

Tnx for your help guys

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:29 pm

It is not necessary to apply for immigration documentation certifying that you are self-employed.

A self-employed photographer would be a possibility.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:32 pm

Registration with the HMRC as self employed would be a good starter if not already done.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:56 pm

prpa84 wrote:Hi there.
I am Croatian recently married to UK citizen.
For me to work in UK what do I need to do?
Do I need to apply for Blue registration certificate?
If yes Howe can I do it?
Is it just sending them CR1 registration form or something else?
Pleas help, any help would be greatly appreciated. Tnx

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:57 pm

prpa84
Newly Registered

Post by prpa84 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:31 pm

Hi there.
I am Croatian recently married to UK citizen.
For me to work in UK what do I need to do?
Do I need to apply for Blue registration certificate?
If yes Howe can I do it?
Is it just sending them CR1 registration form or something else?
Pleas help, any help would be greatly appreciated. Tnx

prpa84
Newly Registered

Post by prpa84 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:46 pm

I spend so much time on that site and it only left me confused...Im Just not that good with that legal stuff...sorry... :(
The conclusion I got to is that I would need to register for blue registration certificate...but Not nessesery because my marriage to UK citizen I am exempt from working authorizations....But When I come to job interview how do I prove that I can work in UK? If you can clarafy that page on my example I would be really grateful... What is the best thing for me to do ?

D4109125 wrote:See the UKVI page (click).

prpa84
Newly Registered

Post by prpa84 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:33 pm

Anyone? I could really use some help? Im married to UK citizen do I need Blue registration certificate or am I exempt from work autorisation becouse my marrige?

dalebutt

Post by dalebutt » Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:14 pm

Yes you are exempt from work authorisation due to your marriage to a British citizen.

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:42 pm

prpa84 wrote:Anyone? I could really use some help? Im married to UK citizen do I need Blue registration certificate or am I exempt from work autorisation becouse my marrige?
You are exempt, but the only way to show you are exempt to an employer is with a blue card (registration certificate).