ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Khaldoon

Post by Khaldoon » Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:08 pm

Hi Believe2013, Cuz when I came to UK I Claimed asylum which is refused but they granted me the DLR instead because of my family life

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:19 pm

Khaldoon wrote:Thank you Dapsonlee, what does it mean by 10 years rules and 7 years rules and could I know which one of them applies on my case?
For the 7 year rule, it is explained here

http://ukimmigrationforum.co.uk/human-rights/

and also here

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/child_concession

the 10 year rule i believe is used when making applications for ILR i think. but then again i might be wrong.

SDP

Post by SDP » Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:32 pm

Salama84 wrote:Hello everyone,

I am a silent follower of this forum,

I would like to let everyone to know of my timeline,

FLR (O) Application submitted : 19/06/2012
Biometric taken : October 2012
Outcome : Granted 30 months letter dated 29/08/2013 and received to solicitor's office: 30/08/2013.

I entered the UK illegally and then met my British partner she was not British then as she only naturalised recently. we also have a British child.

i would like to wish all of you the best of luck, who ever is waiting the long will soon end and hopefully you will be blessed with good news, People who have been refused, please trust in God and soon your suffering will end.

Congratulations to all who have been granted, all of us have is own circumstances but i am sure that all of us have one thing in common, we all want to be free and protect our private life.

thank you
all the best to all specially Verbina.
Congratulations !

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:15 pm

Khaldoon wrote:Hi Believe2013, Cuz when I came to UK I Claimed asylum which is refused but they granted me the DLR instead because of my family life
Oh I see, thanks
“I am not a saint unless you think a saint is a sinner who keeps trying"

junaidmirza

Post by junaidmirza » Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:50 pm

To all members facing FEES problem with HO

I will suggest you all to send a payment via BANK DRAFT (cost £15 - £20 from your bank), postal order (Cost more then bank draft) or by a cheque (free) rather filling the credit / debit card details as some times these does not go through and also HO takes there time to return the application as invalid to make sure that the applicant is out of time and they have another reason to refuse the future application.
Please feel free to comment on this suggestion and if you don't agree, please say it why you don't agree :)

junaidmirza

Post by junaidmirza » Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:51 pm

Congratulation Salama on your DLR.

Forget to mention one thing, decission was made on my application on 06/08/2013 on my application as on the letter, it says 06/08/2013 but it was not posted till 24/08/2013 :)

poketoholo

Post by poketoholo » Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:10 pm

Nice 1 Dapsonlee, on Khaldoon....well said!
pt

hatchsead

Post by hatchsead » Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:40 pm

Believe2013 wrote:
hatchsead wrote:Transfer of immigration judicial reviews to Upper Tribunal

http://www.freemovement.org.uk/2013/08/ ... #more-9834

The main changes in the short term seem to be that a wig will make one look silly, the venue is less impressive and the judges are more junior in rank.
Pointless because the appeals for the UT will inevitably end up in the High Courts. Ill-thought out idea and cheap too. This is to deter people from undertaking Judicial Reviews. The best way to mitigate this problem is to scrutinise the quality of the decisions made by the case units and senior case workers - Just more red tape, barriers and deterrents or quangos which blimmen call me Dave of the Big society promised to eradicate. it's getting worse. Judicial review is not a privilege, it's a right and a means to ensure justice is served commensurately. No doubt this will send jitters amongst the Law Society...........

- err to more mundane things - my footie team didn't win tonight, how they managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory is beyond me. I can confirm no funky cigarettes have been smoked tonight (as I don't smoke) neither have I intoxicated myself to a state of 'I can barely scratch myself' with stella artois! I only drink Fosters, now that's a touch of class and a gentleman's tipple lol! Night yummymummy3j night all
I totally agree with you, its time people began to understand that all their moves is to waste people's time and frustrate them to leaving their country voluntarily. Its just pure wickedness by going round in circles.

I am just waiting for them to grant me the initial 30 months DLR and leave their country for good to places like Canada where skilled immigrants are well appreciated. It is well!
Last edited by hatchsead on Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hatchsead

Post by hatchsead » Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:48 pm

junaidmirza wrote:To all members facing FEES problem with HO

I will suggest you all to send a payment via BANK DRAFT (cost £15 - £20 from your bank), postal order (Cost more then bank draft) or by a cheque (free) rather filling the credit / debit card details as some times these does not go through and also HO takes there time to return the application as invalid to make sure that the applicant is out of time and they have another reason to refuse the future application.
Please feel free to comment on this suggestion and if you don't agree, please say it why you don't agree :)
I agree with Junaidmirza, the bank draft move is the best and gives complete peace of mind. I was advised by my solicitor to use this and i must confess that it made life completely easy.

Once the bank draft is issued by your bank to you, you will see the money taken out of your account for good and you are safer that way.

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:22 pm

khaldoon ur extension will definetely be granted as long as u hv no criminal record.... its just that the ho hv a backlog andits a waiting game...goood luck

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:27 pm

guys sooo now dat our honorable prime minister has been forced to drop d idea of military action in syria, can mps and d govt in general concentrate on clearing dis backlog in d homeoffice....

hatchsead

Post by hatchsead » Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:45 pm

yummymummy3j wrote:guys sooo now dat our honorable prime minister has been forced to drop d idea of military action in syria, can mps and d govt in general concentrate on clearing dis backlog in d homeoffice....
Oga (PM) is threatening to sack and reshuffle ministerial positions for disloyalty. That will get the MPs occupied lobbying for ministerial post lol....

I pray that God Almighty touches their hearts.

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:50 pm

hatchsead wrote:
yummymummy3j wrote:guys sooo now dat our honorable prime minister has been forced to drop d idea of military action in syria, can mps and d govt in general concentrate on clearing dis backlog in d homeoffice....
Oga (PM) is threatening to sack and reshuffle ministerial positions for disloyalty. That will get the MPs occupied lobbying for ministerial post lol....

I pray that God Almighty touches their hearts.
Hahaha seriously?! No way!!! Too funny *disloyalty* maaan!!!

Still.... feel major sad for Syria :(
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

summer2013

Post by summer2013 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:08 pm

im left asking questions to my self this weekend, soli send the refusal letter yesterday to me but i did not received anything. he doesn't answer his phone, i would have felt better to discuss with him what are the chances and what he thinks why was the refusal but he just send a text message and dissapeared, this people are just stone-heart and we are left in their hands.

My brain is frozen at the moment and all he cares is how much he is going to earn from this
FLR(O) send: 17/08/2012 (7 yrs rule)
Bio done: 14/02/2013
Decision: Refused with no right of Appeal

hatchsead

Post by hatchsead » Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:18 pm

summer2013 wrote:im left asking questions to my self this weekend, soli send the refusal letter yesterday to me but i did not received anything. he doesn't answer his phone, i would have felt better to discuss with him what are the chances and what he thinks why was the refusal but he just send a text message and dissapeared, this people are just stone-heart and we are left in their hands.

My brain is frozen at the moment and all he cares is how much he is going to earn from this
I am sorry to say that most of these so call solicitors are quacks and only do trial by error. I would say you should try reaching him/ her again just to ascertain why you were refused. If he or she is not not forth coming, please look elsewhere because once they start these pranks, they could be worst than the HO caseworkers and can add to the time wasting process.

Above all, pray because it is only God who can touch their hearts and make all your hearts desires come through. It is well with you!

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:24 pm

summer2013 wrote:im left asking questions to my self this weekend, soli send the refusal letter yesterday to me but i did not received anything. he doesn't answer his phone, i would have felt better to discuss with him what are the chances and what he thinks why was the refusal but he just send a text message and dissapeared, this people are just stone-heart and we are left in their hands.

Oh you poor doll!! Its like @time503 said yesterday, she was in the same position as you are, she s been refused TWICE, but then she was eventually granted her stay.
So its just a matter of time until you get granted too! But I really am fed up with them solicitors just keeping us hanging like this over weekend especially, I mean he couldve scaned and emailed you a copy!!

Ive already said it that for whatever sick reason all the shit news comes on Friday afternoon, so there s this weekend cliffhanger that really does it for our poor nervous systems!!
Oh well, 2 more sleeps until Monday morning....
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

Khaldoon

Post by Khaldoon » Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:33 pm

dear yummymummy3j, thanks for your support, I hope I'll get it soon, also for every one still waiting, no I don't have criminal record.

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:00 pm

Hi Summer2013 - I can empathise, when I got refused my solicitor sent me an email on Friday afternoon at 4 pm informing me of the refusal - she didn't have the decency to ring me and tell me over the phone. I raised this issue with her superiors and she was withdrawn from the case. I ended up switching counsel all together. I know how frustrated you are as you can't put a plan of action in place until you see the refusal letter. I suspect your solicitor is feeling slightly guilty hence avoiding you. My one behaved in the same fashion. Take your time to gather your thoughts and emotions and then take it from there. All the best
“I am not a saint unless you think a saint is a sinner who keeps trying"

Salama84
Newly Registered

Post by Salama84 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:27 pm

Thank you guys for all your sweet wishes, by the way where is onlyme??

I am glad but this is just the beginning>>>>
I hope that all of you will be granted sooner or later.

@summer, maybe you can change the soli, they will never feel how we feel.
they do not even know how news like can shock the individual.

do you have children???

trust me its just a matter of time, if you are refused today its just another delay but surely you will be granted later.

take care

Salama84
Newly Registered

Post by Salama84 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:39 pm

Thank you guys for all your sweet wishes, by the way where is onlyme??

I am glad but this is just the beginning>>>>
I hope that all of you will be granted sooner or later.

@summer, maybe you can change the soli, they will never feel how we feel.
they do not even know how news like can shock the individual.

do you have children???

trust me its just a matter of time, if you are refused today its just another delay but surely you will be granted later.

take care

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:39 pm

@summer2012 its gonna be a fight but i tell you, you will fin ally get yr visa....change yr solicitor asap....i am prayin for you

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:55 pm

for some reason i do not feel happy today......firstly,i can imagine the stress pple who got refused are goin thru, finances runnin dry, the feeling of uncertainty..then i turned the tv channel for somethin to cheer me up then saw innocents syrian children killed in the most horriffic way as if that was not enough ,chanel 4 started showin the moments world trade centre collapsed..tears rolling down my cheeks its a crazy world we live in.....i pray God heals all wounded hearts .i am sorry to bore you guyz with my story ...God bless you all

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:14 pm

yummymummy3j wrote:for some reason i do not feel happy today......firstly,i can imagine the stress pple who got refused are goin thru, finances runnin dry, the feeling of uncertainty..then i turned the tv channel for somethin to cheer me up then saw innocents syrian children killed in the most horriffic way as if that was not enough ,chanel 4 started showin the moments world trade centre collapsed..tears rolling down my cheeks its a crazy world we live in.....i pray God heals all wounded hearts .i am sorry to bore you guyz with my story ...God bless you all

It's all about the kids caught up in these mess. Before the war escalated, the developed countries were travelling for free, drinking and eating at tax payers expense pretending to care but whilst these meetings was going on, defence secretaries of these same countries were busy selling Assad and his rebels weapons. France, America, Russian, United Kingdom and so on enjoyed the sale whilst it lasted and now they can see what they caused and want to rush into war. For what exactly. Hypocrisy is killing the world for the sake of financial gain. It really hurts to the soul that these innocent kids are caught up in it. like the youngest kid to die in that Syrian gas warfare was only 3 months. Shame on Cameron, Obama and them lot putting money over lives. Sh*t hurts though it really does.

Sorry about the rant... You are right yummymummy3j... It's a crazjy world out there

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:26 pm

@dapsonlee, hmmmm!!! u are on point...

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:56 pm

Hi all. Hope I find you all in good health. Congrats to those who have been granted leave and my deepest sympathies to those who've been refused! It's not the end of the road. Keep fighting and keep the faith. As they say, it's not the size of the dog in the fight but the size of the fight in the dog so, don't be intimidated by the decision given by the HO. They are just trying to frustrate you.
I, myself haven't heard anything from HO since I sent further evidence. So it's still a waiting game for me! I've given up waiting for the postman everyday as it has been close to 16 months now without a decision. I will always look on the bright side! Even though things are tough right now financially, I still have faith in the Almighty who will guide me through this! He has always guided me even at times when my family and I have been almost homeless. So my faith and trust in him remains.
Anyway, it's good to be back in the forum. Gremlins appeared to have been at work coz every time I tried to log in, I kept being told that I have been banned from the forum. At leas my anxiety has now been laid to rest as I have the support network on this forum back. Any good night and good luck for next week !

Date Applied/Docs sent: 16/05/12
Date Received Ack. Letter: 28/05/12
Date Biometrics booking letter arrived: 12/07/2012
Date Biometrics Done at PO : 17/07/2012
Date further evidence request from HO to be received before 06/08/2013: 23/07/2013
Date further evidence provided: 05/08/2012
Date Passport/Docs received from HO: Waiting
Date Biometrics received : Waiting