ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hatchsead

Post by hatchsead » Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:56 pm

dapsonlee wrote:
yummymummy3j wrote:for some reason i do not feel happy today......firstly,i can imagine the stress pple who got refused are goin thru, finances runnin dry, the feeling of uncertainty..then i turned the tv channel for somethin to cheer me up then saw innocents syrian children killed in the most horriffic way as if that was not enough ,chanel 4 started showin the moments world trade centre collapsed..tears rolling down my cheeks its a crazy world we live in.....i pray God heals all wounded hearts .i am sorry to bore you guyz with my story ...God bless you all

It's all about the kids caught up in these mess. Before the war escalated, the developed countries were travelling for free, drinking and eating at tax payers expense pretending to care but whilst these meetings was going on, defence secretaries of these same countries were busy selling Assad and his rebels weapons. France, America, Russian, United Kingdom and so on enjoyed the sale whilst it lasted and now they can see what they caused and want to rush into war. For what exactly. Hypocrisy is killing the world for the sake of financial gain. It really hurts to the soul that these innocent kids are caught up in it. like the youngest kid to die in that Syrian gas warfare was only 3 months. Shame on Cameron, Obama and them lot putting money over lives. Sh*t hurts though it really does.

Sorry about the rant... You are right yummymummy3j... It's a crazjy world out there
Matthew 24 sums it all. It is well!

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:30 pm

@nilemarques, i admire yr courage....the lord almighty will strengthen you and yr family and provide for all yr needs

Snowflake48

Post by Snowflake48 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:38 pm

Thanx everyone for your support and wishes! Even though I have been granted i can't leave this page. Still feel bonded with every one! Checking in every time.

It's easy for me to say to b patient who has refused. But I know it's difficult. But that's the only way!

@summer, don't worry IA even thought the letter says that you can't appeal, you might have a another option. You can do it :D

misskaa
Newly Registered

Post by misskaa » Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:57 pm

Hi..
Would just like to ask a quick question... we submitted our application on the 3rd of August 2013.. and received a acknowledgment letter the week after mentioning it was past to the casework unit.. just wanted to know how soon they would take the visa fees..

GLH2012

Post by GLH2012 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:29 am

junaidmirza wrote:Good news guys, 3 Years DLR granted. Documentss received by solicitor yesterday. Waiting for Biometric card
Congrats!!! Enjoy the last leg of your Discretionary Leave, and all the best to you and your family.

junaidmirza

Post by junaidmirza » Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:33 am

GLH2012 wrote:
junaidmirza wrote:Good news guys, 3 Years DLR granted. Documentss received by solicitor yesterday. Waiting for Biometric card
Congrats!!! Enjoy the last leg of your Discretionary Leave, and all the best to you and your family.
Thanks alot my dear friend H :). I really appreciate your email. Next time it will be ILR :D

GLH2012

Post by GLH2012 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:54 am

junaidmirza wrote:
GLH2012 wrote:
Thanks alot my dear friend H :). I really appreciate your email. Next time it will be ILR :D
Yes!!! Congrats again. I was really exited for you! :D :D

GLH2012

Post by GLH2012 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:49 am

summer2013 wrote:
Time503 wrote:
Call me dude wrote:
summer2013 wrote:i have been refused with no right of appeal :(
waiting to see the refusal letter

Sorry to hear about your refusal....wow.this guys are high on something.what was the reason they gave?
Summer2013, refuse the HO putting you and your family down emotionally! You have to keep fighting until you get the desired decision. In the interim enjoy your life as much as you can for nobody can remove you and your family! You have children born here and any attempt to remove them will be against their human rights!!!
Stay strong, they may delay it but cannot deny it!!!!!!

thanks for you encouraging words
what kills as slowly is delay dear!!! because what we are waiting for is to start a normal life, to have a proper job and not to worry about saving money for courts. 3 years ago we spend 4 ground in court and here we are again in this shit. i can wait if i dont have to worrie about bills, job. we leave in a democratic country but they humiliate people very badly, 10 years leaving here not a joke!! i feel a failure to my son, feel inferior toward friends. I PRAY TO GOD TO GIVE ME STRENGTH TO CARRY ON
@Summer2013, sorry for your refusal and i quite understand how you feel and somehow I am compelled to share my story with you, You will have clarity when you receive the refusal letter and then you'll know what your next course of action will be but remember YOU ARE NOT A FAILURE TO YOUR SON. You are a STRONG person who is trying to settle your family.
I too was refused in my previous application as carer of a British citizen(EU application) in June 2013 after waiting 19 months for a decision, then lost my mum in Africa the next week. I had no funds for appeal nor did I have HO fees (£1011) for me and my dependent daughter for FLR(O) application as suggested by HO in my refusal letter. I was lost, depressed and heart broken. Even apologized to my kids for failing them because other kids had a better quality of life than them. Imagine as a single mother, food was a luxury.
Then in July, God started to work in my life as a family member gave me the HO fees, i approach a solicitor who agreed to do my (FLR(O) application pro Bono (for free) and application was submitted on the 10th July 2013. Miraculously my application was granted on 20th of August, just over a month of applying. I am still reeling at the speed God worked in my life and i can now travel to attend my mum's funeral this month.
The God who has given me this calm will help you and I will pray for you. You will have a miraculous grant of your visa. BE STILL!

Call me dude
Nigeria

Post by Call me dude » Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:40 am

GLH2012 wrote:
summer2013 wrote:
Time503 wrote:
Call me dude wrote:

Sorry to hear about your refusal....wow.this guys are high on something.what was the reason they gave?
Summer2013, refuse the HO putting you and your family down emotionally! You have to keep fighting until you get the desired decision. In the interim enjoy your life as much as you can for nobody can remove you and your family! You have children born here and any attempt to remove them will be against their human rights!!!

what kills as slowly is delay dear!!! because what we are waiting for is to start a normal life, to have a proper job and not to worry about saving money for courts. 3 years ago we spend 4 ground in court and here we are again in this shit. i can wait if i dont have to worrie about bills, job. we leave in a democratic country but they humiliate people very badly, 10 years leaving here not a joke!! i feel a failure to my son, feel inferior toward friends. I PRAY TO GOD TO GIVE ME STRENGTH TO CARRY ON
@Summer2013, sorry for your refusal and i quite understand how you feel and somehow I am compelled to share my story with you, You will have clarity when you receive the refusal letter and then you'll know what your next course of action will be but remember YOU ARE NOT A FAILURE TO YOUR SON. You are a STRONG person who is trying to settle your family.
I too was refused in my previous application as carer of a British citizen(EU application) in June 2013 after waiting 19 months for a decision, then lost my mum in Africa the next week. I had no funds for appeal nor did I have HO fees (£1011) for me and my dependent daughter for FLR(O) application as suggested by HO in my refusal letter. I was lost, depressed and heart broken. Even apologized to my kids for failing them because other kids had a better quality of life than them. Imagine as a single mother, food was a luxury.
Then in July, God started to work in my life as a family member gave me the HO fees, i approach a solicitor who agreed to do my (FLR(O) application pro Bono (for free) and application was submitted on the 10th July 2013. Miraculously my application was granted on 20th of August, just over a month of applying. I am still reeling at the speed God worked in my life and i can now travel to attend my mum's funeral this month.
The God who has given me this calm will help you and I will pray for you. You will have a miraculous grant of your visa. BE STILL!

Thanks for sharing your story.it also encourage those that are yet to get a response from the mighty HO.
It is well

johnny04

English

Post by johnny04 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:50 am

Hello all please advice....

My partner was refused in June 2013 after waiting for 14 months on the basis that we only included in the application birth certificates of our 2 kids because we have not applied for their British passports at the time. Even the refusal letter addressed to my partner had names of a different partner, different kids and even different case reference numbers. Instead of reconsideration, the solicitor advised that we submit a fresh application and inform HO about the errors on the refusal letter. We have just reapplied again few days ago including the kids British passports but the new form now included English language requirement. My partner does not qualify for any exemption, she entered the UK illegally and do not have any valid ID to even go and take the required English test. I am worried that she might be refused again. The solicitor's opinion was that HO might think differently because we have already included in the application that she does not have any passport or valid ID at the moment.

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:52 am

[quote="yummymummy3j"]@nilemarques, i admire yr courage....the lord almighty will strengthen you and yr family and provide for all yr needs[/quote]

@yummymummy3j. Thank you very much. @Summer2013, do not despair! Just wait for your refusal letter and work from there! Don't worry about the no appeal bit. There is always a way to force the HO to make a decision that will generate a right of appeal! Stay strong.

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:09 am

GLH2012 wrote:
summer2013 wrote:
Time503 wrote:
Call me dude wrote:

I am terribly sorry for your loss may your mother's soul rest in eternal peace. God's work and the hope he instills is unparalleled. A very moving testimony. Thank you for stoking the fires of hope on this Forum
Last edited by Believe2013 on Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I am not a saint unless you think a saint is a sinner who keeps trying"

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Re: English

Post by Believe2013 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:29 am

johnny04 wrote:Hello all please advice....

My partner was refused in June 2013 after waiting for 14 months on the basis that we only included in the application birth certificates of our 2 kids because we have not applied for their British passports at the time. Even the refusal letter addressed to my partner had names of a different partner, different kids and even different case reference numbers. Instead of reconsideration, the solicitor advised that we submit a fresh application and inform HO about the errors on the refusal letter. We have just reapplied again few days ago including the kids British passports but the new form now included English language requirement. My partner does not qualify for any exemption, she entered the UK illegally and do not have any valid ID to even go and take the required English test. I am worried that she might be refused again. The solicitor's opinion was that HO might think differently because we have already included in the application that she does not have any passport or valid ID at the moment.
Hi Johnny, I wish you all the best and hope it's second time lucky - Perhaps the rationale behind submitting another application is that the cycle of new applications seems so have dramatically shortened post April 2013. Even though he is aware that new evidence can be introduced at the appeal stage, he probably anticipated delays exploring the appeals avenue. I slate a few lawyers because of their rigid thinking a lot but it's refreshing to see one think outside the box. My very best wishes sir.

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:34 am

nilemarques wrote:Hi all. Hope I find you all in good health. Congrats to those who have been granted leave and my deepest sympathies to those who've been refused! It's not the end of the road. Keep fighting and keep the faith. As they say, it's not the size of the dog in the fight but the size of the fight in the dog so, don't be intimidated by the decision given by the HO. They are just trying to frustrate you.
I, myself haven't heard anything from HO since I sent further evidence. So it's still a waiting game for me! I've given up waiting for the postman everyday as it has been close to 16 months now without a decision. I will always look on the bright side! Even though things are tough right now financially, I still have faith in the Almighty who will guide me through this! He has always guided me even at times when my family and I have been almost homeless. So my faith and trust in him remains.
Anyway, it's good to be back in the forum. Gremlins appeared to have been at work coz every time I tried to log in, I kept being told that I have been banned from the forum. At leas my anxiety has now been laid to rest as I have the support network on this forum back. Any good night and good luck for next week !

Date Applied/Docs sent: 16/05/12
Date Received Ack. Letter: 28/05/12
Date Biometrics booking letter arrived: 12/07/2012
Date Biometrics Done at PO : 17/07/2012
Date further evidence request from HO to be received before 06/08/2013: 23/07/2013
Date further evidence provided: 05/08/2012
Date Passport/Docs received from HO: Waiting
Date Biometrics received : Waiting
Hey Nile, good to have you back

dikha
Newly Registered

hello bro and sis from an other mun

Post by dikha » Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:12 am

dispite by GOD bless i have been granted 2.5years i always open the forum to check for those waiting and those refused all my prayers i thought are wiz u and result come always after truggle you will be there all

shareen24h

Post by shareen24h » Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:22 am

[quote="GLH2012"][quote="summer2013"][quote="Time503"][quote="Call me dude"][quote="summer2013"]i have been refused with no right of appeal :(
waiting to see the refusal letter[/quote]

Sorry to hear about your refusal....wow.this guys are high on something.what was the reason they gave?[/quote]

Stay strong, they may delay it but cannot deny it!!!!!![/quote]

what kills as slowly is delay dear!!! because what we are waiting for is to start a normal life, to have a proper job and not to worry about saving money for courts. 3 years ago we spend 4 ground in court and here we are again in this shit. i can wait if i dont have to worrie about bills, job. we leave in a democratic country but they humiliate people very badly, 10 years leaving here not a joke!! i feel a failure to my son, feel inferior toward friends. I PRAY TO GOD TO GIVE ME STRENGTH TO CARRY ON[/quote]
The God who has given me this calm will help you and I will pray for you. You will have a miraculous grant of your visa. BE STILL![/quote]

@GLH2012

Thank you for encouragement. As you have stated most of we are in financially same situation with family and kids. We wish and pray a better situation for everybody who still struggling.

summer2013

Post by summer2013 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:23 pm

GLH2012 wrote:
summer2013 wrote:
Time503 wrote:
Call me dude wrote:

GLH2012
very sorry to hear this traumatic lost, her soul rests in peace, you have been through a lot dear and coming here to encourage as its just GREAT
GOOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR FAMILY
FLR(O) send: 17/08/2012 (7 yrs rule)
Bio done: 14/02/2013
Decision: Refused with no right of Appeal

Fayvritt

Post by Fayvritt » Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:19 pm

T'he new application sent is a good idea cos they're deciding them within weeks, even faster than t'he outstanding cases from 2012, i'm sure you wont wait longer than 2 months. T'he mistake ukba made about your case ID, etc. i suspect is a typing error cos if u did send just 2 birth certs and they stated that has their reason of refusal then it's a typing error. Your solicitor should have included your own passport at least to prove t'he children's citizenship but well .. It happens. Sometimes ukba could request for proof that your partner resides with you and t'he kids (proof of address) so be ready incase they request for it. Good luck with your new application!

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:17 pm

[quote="Believe2013"][quote="nilemarques"]Hi all. Hope I find you all in good health. Congrats to those who have been granted leave and my deepest sympathies to those who've been refused! It's not the end of the road. Keep fighting and keep the faith. As they say, it's not the size of the dog in the fight but the size of the fight in the dog so, don't be intimidated by the decision given by the HO. They are just trying to frustrate you.
I, myself haven't heard anything from HO since I sent further evidence. So it's still a waiting game for me! I've given up waiting for the postman everyday as it has been close to 16 months now without a decision. I will always look on the bright side! Even though things are tough right now financially, I still have faith in the Almighty who will guide me through this! He has always guided me even at times when my family and I have been almost homeless. So my faith and trust in him remains.
Anyway, it's good to be back in the forum. Gremlins appeared to have been at work coz every time I tried to log in, I kept being told that I have been banned from the forum. At leas my anxiety has now been laid to rest as I have the support network on this forum back. Any good night and good luck for next week !

Date Applied/Docs sent: 16/05/12
Date Received Ack. Letter: 28/05/12
Date Biometrics booking letter arrived: 12/07/2012
Date Biometrics Done at PO : 17/07/2012
Date further evidence request from HO to be received before 06/08/2013: 23/07/2013
Date further evidence provided: 05/08/2012
Date Passport/Docs received from HO: Waiting
Date Biometrics received : Waiting[/quote]

Hey Nile, good to have you back[/quote]

Thanks @Believe2013. It truly is good to be back! Hope all the other regulars and the not so regulars are keeping the faith!

rachelA
Newly Registered

Post by rachelA » Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:52 pm

misskaa same thing happened to us. check with your bank if theyve tried to take the money. it wont show on ur statement but the bank will b able to tell u.

misskaa
Newly Registered

Post by misskaa » Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:29 pm

rachelA wrote:misskaa same thing happened to us. check with your bank if theyve tried to take the money. it wont show on ur statement but the bank will b able to tell u.
I went to the bank to find out if there was any sign of the payment but they just said no and said i had to wait... Just a little worried now

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:00 pm

For the Lamb at the center of the throne will be their shepherd; ‘he will lead them to springs of living water.’ ‘And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes.’ ” (Revelation 7:17). This is the month of revolution and as we step into a new week and new month, may the grace of God go with us. This week shall bring good news to those appealing and to those of us waiting and may The Lord comfort those who have been refused grant them the strength and the will to live to fight the battle that will break down the walls of Jericho (Home Office and case workers) and lead us all into our promise land in Jesus name. Good news this week and the rest of the month for God has opened his window of blessings onto us all on this thread. (Amen).
Last edited by dapsonlee on Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hatchsead

Post by hatchsead » Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:05 pm

dapsonlee wrote:For the Lamb at the center of the throne will be their shepherd; ‘he will lead them to springs of living water.’ ‘And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes.’ ” (Revelation 7:17). This is the month of revolution and as we step into a new week and new month, may the grace of God go with us. This week shall bring good news to those appealing and to those of us waiting and may The Lord comfort those those who have been refused grant them the strength and the will live to fight the battle that will break down the walls of Jericho (Home Office and case workers) and lead us all into our promise land in Jesus name. Good news this week and the rest of the month for God has opened his window of blessings onto us all on this thread. (Amen).
And to these prayers i add a big resounding A-M-E-N!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:10 pm

Good evening guyz,i prayed for you all in church today.....i pray as caseworkers begin to deal wit yr cases tommorrow,they will favour you and grant all yr visas in jesus name.....goodnite and sweet dreamz

johnny04

Post by johnny04 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:14 pm

Believe2013 wrote:

Hi Johnny, I wish you all the best and hope it's second time lucky - Perhaps the rationale behind submitting another application is that the cycle of new applications seems so have dramatically shortened post April 2013. Even though he is aware that new evidence can be introduced at the appeal stage, he probably anticipated delays exploring the appeals avenue. I slate a few lawyers because of their rigid thinking a lot but it's refreshing to see one think outside the box. My very best wishes sir.
Thank you so much for your response Believe2013. My partner was not even given a right of appeal. My only concern is the English Language requirement which she doesn't have at the moment and can't even go and take the test because she does not even have any Valid ID to present at the test centre. My partner's application already included information about her not having a passport at the moment. Rather than refuse her again based on this requirement; I am not sure if HO can send some kind of letter requesting her to go and take the test so she can present that at the test centre; if they really require it in her case.