ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Benefits

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

greatpeople

Benefits

Post by greatpeople » Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:18 am

Dear,
i got ilr on ten tear long residence, my two kids born in uk, and i did't apply registration mn1 form,
can i get CTC AND WTC before get the kids registration, i m entitled or not, plz confirm me,
thanks

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:38 am

So far as the child is present in the UK then it's fine, you'll need to send their original birth certificate and proof you're not subject to immigration control - BRP. If your partner (if you have one) is subject to immigration control, then child benefit should be in your name, tax credits in joint. Child benefit can be backdated up to 3 months/ the time you were grantedl ILR. Get your partner (if you have one) a NINo if s(he) doesn't already have one.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

vinny

Re: JSA

Post by vinny » Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:15 am

greatpeople wrote:i have ilr, my wife applying flr (m) visa under old rule ,
after getting flr (m) , my wife is not doing job, she look after kids one is 2yrs and one is 6month,
which benefit i can claim on my wife's name flr visa,
my wife can claim any benefit own name on flr visa,

she can claim job seeker allowance,
when she came in uk, she didnt work but she has NI no.
thanks in advance
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:19 am

Contribution-based jobseeker's allowance possible.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:21 am

Which Country is your spouse native?

As a general rule, those subject to immigration control cannot claim JSA unless they're entitled to contribution based JSA, based on national insurance paid over the last 2 tax years. As your spouse has not been working, there will be no entitlement.

You should be claiming child benefit.

A joint claim for tax credits, informing the HMRC of any changes in circumstance.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.