ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation application and Travel plans

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

depsnitz
Newly Registered

Naturalisation application and Travel plans

Post by depsnitz » Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:39 pm

Hello All,

I have few questions related to application for Naturalisation application process and travelling to Indian in between. So first I will describe my situation and then ask couple of questions at the end.

I am an Indian national and came into UK on HSMP on 25-Oct-2007 (on a 2 years visa). After that I got my Tier-1 extension done on 19-Oct-2009 for 3 years and then I got my ILR done on 01-Oct-2012 through premium processing. In 2008 I had travelled to India for attending a funeral and was away from 27-Sep-2008 to 04-Oct-2008. I arrived back into UK on 04-Oct-2008.

I am thinking of applyying for naturalisation soon i.e before changes for KoLL are implemented on 28-Oct-2013, but I have a travel planned for India from 16-Nov-2013 to 15-Dec-2013 which cannot be changed.

My questions are:

1. When is the earliest I can submit my application for naturalisation through NCS considering 01-Oct-2012 as my ILR date and not being present physically in the country from 27-Sep-2008 to 03-Oct-2008.I have heard some people saying I can apply 28 days before my 1 year of ILR. Is this correct?

2. Once the approval comes, does the letter have ceremony date allocated, or this is something I will have to arrange myself after getting the letter. Since I will be away from 16-Nov-2013 for a month what if the letter has a date for attending the cermony between those dates? Do I have to repay any additional amounts for rearranging a ceremony date?

3. In how many days do I have to surrender my Indian passport and whether those days start from the time I attend the ceremony or after I have received the naturalisation approval leter from Home Office. There could be 2 scenarios.. a. I receive the approval letter before 16-Nov-2013 and I travel out on 16-Nov-2013 on Indian passport. b. I receive the approval letter after 16-Nov-2013 i.e after I have already travelled on my Indian Passport. In that case will coming back to the UK on Indian passport cause any problems.

Appreciate your feedback.

Thanks
Deepak

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:36 pm

**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.