ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching from Tier 1 PSW to dependent of Tier 4 Student

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

manabkumar
Newly Registered

Switching from Tier 1 PSW to dependent of Tier 4 Student

Post by manabkumar » Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:38 pm

I am currently on PSW visa and my girl friend recently switched to Tier 4 Student (Masters). We are together for almost 3 years now. So I would like to know if I can become her dependent as an unmarried partner? As we are both in the UK at the moment, I would like to know if I can apply from inside the UK without having to go back to my country. I would be grateful if someone can suggest me in this matter. Thank you.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:46 pm

You can only apply from outside the UK. You would need a paper-trail of evidence (as defined in the application guidance) to show that you have been living together in an interpersonal relationship akin to marriage for the preceding two years.

manabkumar
Newly Registered

Post by manabkumar » Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:55 pm

Lucapooka wrote:You can only apply from outside the UK. You would need a paper-trail of evidence (as defined in the application guidance) to show that you have been living together in an interpersonal relationship akin to marriage for the preceding two years.
Thank you for your response. Could you please tell me what kind of documents we might need to prove our relation?

manabkumar
Newly Registered

Is it possible?

Post by manabkumar » Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:12 pm

could someone please guide me here.
Is it possible to apply from inside the UK? how?
Is it OK to have the maintenance fund in my account (going to be dependent)?