ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visit visa refused... HELP NEEDED

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gigixx
Newly Registered

Visit visa refused... HELP NEEDED

Post by gigixx » Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:32 pm

Hello Everyone
Not sure where to start really. My Turkish boyfirend of over 2 years applied last December to visit the UK for Christmas. On the advice he received he was asked to obtain an invite letter from his married friends as to state he was coming to visit me his girlfriend was almost bound to end in an instant refusal. We were both intending to spend time with them over this period so him being there was true. The visa was refused not that they doubted the invitation but it was the usual seasonal worker money in account etc not convinced he had strong enough ties to return He was not in fact a seasonal worker as his restaurant of which he has been employed for 6 years remains actively open all year round and his insurance and employer letter reflected this. However they still refused. I was against using this route at the start as I had already visited his family in the non tourist regions and merely wanted him to meet my family too. We want to apply again this year and i want to invite him as my guest here. I have since visited turkey to visit family again and spent almost a month there this summer.My concern with this is that they will look at the previous years refusal with no mention of our relationship and instantly dismiss the application. I am concerned that we should establish our relationship in case we move onto possible spouse visa in the future. I can provide supporting documentation to prove all my visits to his family and photographs tickets etc. I am worried that against my better judgement he allowed the person that assisted in submitting the application to proceed this way.

Any advice greatly appreciated

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:57 pm

He was not refused on the basis of a visit to a GF living in the UK. The UK has no issues with that so a visit of that nature (relationship-based) should always be declared openly and truthfully. He was refused because he appears to lack evidence of strong social and economic ties to Turkey that might motive his return. As long as he can show these his application should be approved. Does he have a regular income stream and ties? The concern from the UKBA is that he would abandon his inadequate life in Turkey for a more adequate life in the UK, in what amounts to a mature welfare state with good infrastructure and he has to demonstrate that this would not be the case. That's the challenge he must overcome.

gigixx
Newly Registered

Post by gigixx » Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:14 pm

Thanks for the reply. Yes indeed that is right the refusal did appear to be due to job ties and money in his account however his paperwork did confirm his insurance was for all year and he had worked there for six years. They then said they considered the amount he had in his bank was too much for a visit. My main concern is that we did not mention our realtionship in the previous application and feel will they look at that and refuse as there was no reference to it last year. I felt uneasy using his friends invite letter but this was advised by somebody who assits in packaginf the applicaton. His situation has changed slightly in that he does own a share in the business. He would be funding the travel costs himself and staying with me. He wants to prove that he is self sufficent and I am not acting as a financial sponsor which I am not. Quite simply we just want to spend some valuable time together during the Winter. i understand the implications of if you stay for a long period this is not looked upon too favourably so if a 3 week visit stands us in good stead for future applications we will abide by this. I have so many questions but just seem to keep hearing differing advice and opinions.

Sorry for the long post

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:26 pm

If his original visit was to actually visit you but no mention was made of that, yes, indeed, that was a mistake but not something is that insurmountable. Who you are and what resources you have is not relevant; they just want to see evidence that, on balance, he will leave rather than stay. That's all that matters really.

I can cite the example of my wife (she used to be my GF and would visit me often). She had good ties to her homeland (work, property) and several visa stamps showing she had travelled to other countries, so it was never a problem for her to show that, although visiting her British BF, she was not intending to abandon her good quality of life in her home country to live as an illegal immigrant in the UK.

gigixx
Newly Registered

Post by gigixx » Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:53 pm

Lucapooka wrote:If his original visit was to actually visit you but no mention was made of that, yes, indeed, that was a mistake but not something is that insurmountable. Who you are and what resources you have is not relevant; they just want to see evidence that, on balance, he will leave rather than stay. That's all that matters really.

I can cite the example of my wife (she used to be my GF and would visit me often). She had good ties to her homeland (work, property) and several visa stamps showing she had travelled to other countries, so it was never a problem for her to show that, although visiting her British BF, she was not intending to abandon her good quality of life in her home country to live as an illegal immigrant in the UK.
Well yes as you say not insurmountable. I am just wondering if we should make a reference to last years visa application as they are sure to check this. Initially he had intended to surprise me over Christmas but then advised this route was best in any instance. Just not sure how to get over this blip now.