ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA4 App/Registration Cert/Citizenship

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

juanitajv
Newly Registered

EEA4 App/Registration Cert/Citizenship

Post by juanitajv » Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:07 pm

I just want to check that I'm following the correct route for my application:

I'm family member of EEA national who came with my EEA fam member to the UK, landed 10 September 2008 - he's Czech. We are now married since May 2013 but been together for 10 years prior so I was un-married partner and always had to prove relationship.

My first visa was the 6 month EEA family member
Second was EEA2 I think - valid for a year because he needed to register as worker seeing as he's Czech
third was my 5 year res card - this expires 2015 only.

All this time though I've been on the EEA route applications and from previous advice I gathered that since 10 September 2008 my EEA national has been excercising his treaty rights and we've lived in the UK for 5 years I can apply for my permanent residency. Is this correct? We are also sending in his registartion certificate application at the same time - to support my applicaiton - this fine as well? He only found emplyment in November 2008 though but we'd brought over enough funds to cover ourselfs. He was seeking work from day one on arrival and this counts as excersing treaty rights? I see they want proof on the application - he started looking for work before we landed in the UK via sites like monster and so - should I attach this type of info on the application?

2ndly, is this the best and easiest way to attain citizenship eventualy. Do I need to have been on PR for a year before I can apply for naturalisation? Or can I apply straight up after the 5 years we've lived here?

Thanks any info would be appreciated.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:49 am

For the first three months of residence, there is no requirement to exercise treaty right so you will be fine with him starting work in November. You don't really need to provide evidence to cover that gap. You can also wait until closer to November just to be on the safe side.

For naturalisation, you need to hold PR status for 1 year. See Q1 & Q5 in Citizenship FAQs - Common Questions - Read before posting.