ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Naturalisation - Documents for Self Employed + PCN

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mevinsh
Newly Registered

British Naturalisation - Documents for Self Employed + PCN

Post by mevinsh » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:16 am

Hi
I am in process of applying for my Birtish Citizenship (along with my wife) through NCS.
My eligibility is as follows:
Work Permit: 5 Years
ILR granted - Aug 2012

I would be very grateful if someone can help me with the following two queries please:

1. Penalty charge notice - I was issued two PCNs for Bus Lane Enforcement. First one was on 17/Oct/2012 and second one on 14/Nov/2012. I have read advise (Q5) here, and here. Since I have more than 2 PCN in the last qualifying year and therefore it would be advisable to wait at least a year before applying for naturalisation. Please can someone advise if this would be after 18/Oct/2013 or after 14/Nov/2013. Am I interpreting this correctly?

2. I have recently (April 2013) changed my status to a self employed individual. For documents in support of my application, please can someone advise what should be provided since I havent had any year yet with Self Assessment. My first self assessment will only be due after end of this FY (2013-2014) which will be next year. I have been in full time employment previous to that and contributing to Income Tax and NI through PAYE.

Appreciate all your help in advance. Any other useful guidelines would be very helpful.

Thanks & Regards

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:38 am

I am awaiting an update as to whether PCN/PNDs will be treated as a FPN for the purpose of Good Character. I will update ASAP. If they are then you would be after 17 October 2013.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

mevinsh
Newly Registered

Post by mevinsh » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:49 am

Hi Amber
thanks for your reply. I was just reading your other post on this matter. Any idea when a reply is expected on the PCN.
Much thanks

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:00 pm

This week.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

mevinsh
Newly Registered

Post by mevinsh » Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:27 pm

Thank you. Appreciate your help very much here. Would request you to please post the response soon as its available. Thanks

Also Re my other question - please can someone advise re the documents required for self employed individual who has never submitted a self assessment yet (been paying taxes through PAYE earlier)

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:37 pm

Pop down your PAYE ref number.

rashidkhan

Post by rashidkhan » Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:19 am

D4109125 wrote:I am awaiting an update as to whether PCN/PNDs will be treated as a FPN for the purpose of Good Character. I will update ASAP. If they are then you would be after 17 October 2013.
Hi Amber,

Have you got that update yet about pcn?
Thanks

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:02 am

I have raised numerous issues and inconsistencies with the current guidance as a result they're going to publish new guidance in the near future, this should be done by October.

moonzie
Newly Registered

Post by moonzie » Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:39 am

D4109125 wrote:I have raised numerous issues and inconsistencies with the current guidance as a result they're going to publish new guidance in the near future, this should be done by October.

Hi Guru or any other knowledgeable person.

My AN application is all complete and was set to be posted and I got a PCN on the morning as I was going to post it. I had a flat tyre and managed to drag myself to a tyre repair centre and parked just outside the tyre place. I have challenged the PCN and sent pictures of my car to the Council explaining I parked on that street without a permit for a repair. I couldn't have driven any further as my rim had popped out and was scratching the road. Most likely it would be cancelled.

My question now is should I disclosed this PCN?

- if it is cancelled?
- if it isn't cancelled?

When should i post my application? Should i wait for the council to reply? I have been told by the council in an autoresponse email that if its not cancelled, i have another 14 days to pay the reduced rate of £35. The lady at the council whom i spoke to prior to challenging the PCN (by email) also said PCNS are not recorded against my name or on any files/records and shouldn't be an issue. should i rely on this information?

Also, i have an LC20 with £120 court fines (offence date Oct 2008 and convicted in April 2009 ) that I have disclosed. AS this is a non custodial sentence more than 3 years i was a bit confident about my naturalisation until this PCN issue came up 3 days ago. Now I'm worried
:(

moonzie
Newly Registered

Post by moonzie » Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:41 am

D4109125 wrote:I have raised numerous issues and inconsistencies with the current guidance as a result they're going to publish new guidance in the near future, this should be done by October.

Hi Guru or any other knowledgeable person.

My AN application is all complete and was set to be posted and I got a PCN on the morning as I was going to post it. I had a flat tyre and managed to drag myself to a tyre repair centre and parked just outside the tyre place. I have challenged the PCN and sent pictures of my car to the Council explaining I parked on that street without a permit for a repair. I couldn't have driven any further as my rim had popped out and was scratching the road. Most likely it would be cancelled.

My question now is should I disclosed this PCN?

- if it is cancelled?
- if it isn't cancelled?

When should i post my application? Should i wait for the council to reply? I have been told by the council in an autoresponse email that if its not cancelled, i have another 14 days to pay the reduced rate of £35. The lady at the council whom i spoke to prior to challenging the PCN (by email) also said PCNS are not recorded against my name or on any files/records and shouldn't be an issue. should i rely on this information?

Also, i have an LC20 with £120 court fines (offence date Oct 2008 and convicted in April 2009 ) that I have disclosed. AS this is a non custodial sentence more than 3 years i was a bit confident about my naturalisation until this PCN issue came up 3 days ago. Now I'm worried
:(

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:42 am

Don't worry about the PCN.

moonzie
Newly Registered

Post by moonzie » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:17 pm

D4109125 wrote:Don't worry about the PCN.
Thank you for your response. Like I said, I am ready to post it so Should I disclose the PCN it or send it like that?

Thanks

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:29 pm

No need to disclose it.

moonzie
Newly Registered

Post by moonzie » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:35 pm

D4109125 wrote:No need to disclose it.
Thanks a mil! God bless you for your guidance. May He ease all your affairs. amen