ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child Visa Status

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rd26878
Newly Registered

Child Visa Status

Post by rd26878 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:27 pm

Hi All,

My self and my wife are on ILR. Next month I am going to apply for Naturalisation . My Wife will still remain on ILR [ Indian citizen ]

I need some help with regarding to my child visa [ due to born in UK ] . By that time I may be on British Citizenship.

My Questions :-

1. If am not wrong we can opt for INDIAN CITIZENSHIP for my Child [ By descendent ] PLEASE correct me on this one

2. Do we have to apply for ILR or any other visa to my Child [With INDIAN PASSPORT we can travel to INDIA but for coming back we need VISA]

3. In some of the topics heard about ROA/COE . Please can you let me know does these help in my case

I brief , I am looking to apply as below . So that My Child will decide which citizenship they can hold at the time of 18 years .

Born in UK -> Indian Citizenship -> Indian Passport -> ROA/COE

Please let me know if the above mentioned process is possible or not with current VISA/IMMIGRATION rules for INDIA and UK

Thanks in Advance.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:26 pm

For Indian related matters better to check the Other countries section of the forums.

As far as the UK is concerned, a child born in the UK while at least one parent holds ILR is British from birth irrespective if the child exercises his right to hold a passport or not.

I believe the Indian government position is that the child is Indian as long as he doesn't exercise any right of the other nationality (such as applying for a British passport).

A British citizen is entitled to have CoE/RoA vignette in his foreign passport if he doesn't hold a valid UK passport. This proves his right to reside in the UK.