ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Visa options -- PLEASE HELP

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nihmid
Newly Registered

Tier 2 Visa options -- PLEASE HELP

Post by nihmid » Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:58 pm

Hi everyone,

So my HR says they are in the 'process' of registering with the UKBA and it will take about 6 months or so. I do not have that much time as my PSW expires in Nov 2013.

Are there any other ways? The company is happy to give me a letter stating I work for them and they are in the process of applying to the UKBA etc... can I still apply? with a company letter?

The HR not very supportive and no one else knows the procedure. They want to keep me here, but HR says it will take 6 months plus (I know she is lying) WHAT TO DO? Is there any other way to stay temporarily while the company sorts their application out? :cry:

Mayski
Newly Registered

Post by Mayski » Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:03 pm

Hi,

First of all, if HR are in the process of registering with UKBA now to become sponsors, it won't take six months. the maximum it will take for them to become a sponsor is 16 weeks (it says so on the website) and it will usually take a lot shorter.

I'm in a very similar position where my visa expires soon. While i don't think you can make your application with a company letter, if you submit it anyway they might be happy to put it 'on hold' until your employers have become sponsored and have given you the CoS.

My advice would be to stay on HR's backs to make sure they actually are getting on with it, and try and relax in the meantime. You still have a few months. Maybe start the process of gathering any supportive documents you'll need for your application now so that once your employer is ready, no time is wasted.

Best of luck.

grif-fin

Post by grif-fin » Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:17 pm

Mayski, Are you going to send your application with cover letter as well until your licence comes through?

I'm in the same boat and my visa is expiring this week Friday! this is my plan as well. If you guys are same lets update each other as it happened to be hard for me to get updates from people who done the procedure in this website sometimes.

Cheers!

nihmid
Newly Registered

Post by nihmid » Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:22 pm

Hi Mayski,

Many thanks for your reply.

I am on her back and she keeps saying we can't help and bla bla.. she keeps saying don't rely on us and apply yourself. She doesnt even know that there is only one way. She is super incompetent.

everytime I email her she says its in PROGRESS and I am happy to give you a letter stating that you work here etc.

SO bloody frustrating.

And yes, Grif-fin, it would be great if you guys keep me posted through this thread. I am having a mini-heart attack every now and then.

grif-fin

Post by grif-fin » Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:28 pm

Dude I'm like that for last 6 months!

Two suggestion if your HR does not look like someone who is helpful use solicitors like www.uk-wp.com who do this. But they get some fees, but very helpful.

Other suggestion since you still have a little time, DO NOT rely on your HR for sorting this out and even if she is useless change job even if you have to!

They won't feel what change of life it means for you if you don't get the licence and visa. They cannot feel that kind of life.