ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

can we be employee of our own business?

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

uka
Newly Registered

can we be employee of our own business?

Post by uka » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:00 pm

Hi i have received my visa,

My confusion is whether we can register ourself as employee of our own limited company?
I have discussed it with some solicitors and accountants. but havent got 100% clear answer.
To their understand they say we cant be employee of any other business, but we can be as an employee registered with HMRC of our own company along with being a director of company too.

Please quote a reference too ok any official visa website if possible.

my_friend

Re: can we be employee of our own business?

Post by my_friend » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:12 pm

uka wrote:Hi i have received my visa,

My confusion is whether we can register ourself as employee of our own limited company?
I have discussed it with some solicitors and accountants. but havent got 100% clear answer.
To their understand they say we cant be employee of any other business, but we can be as an employee registered with HMRC of our own company along with being a director of company too.

Please quote a reference too ok any official visa website if possible.
Ofcourse u can be employee of your own company...i received my visa 6 months back and i am taking salary from my company as an employee since then...you are working for your own business so obviously you would take certain amount of wages for your work....

Darvesh
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Darvesh » Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:36 pm

u can take wages out however it wont be considered as expense like paying other staff wages/paying bills/ other company expense etc which will be counted towards general expense and hence an investment.