ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visit Visa and NHS

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

valeed.naim2

Visit Visa and NHS

Post by valeed.naim2 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:37 am

Hello there,

Sorry If I am duplicate the question on this fourm because cannot see any fourm for visitor visa application

I have a query regarding the following questions in family visitor visa VAF1B Form.

I hold the ILR with family in the UK. I am going to invite my mother on my daughter birthday. my mother visited us in the UK continues every years since 2010. Her two years UK visit visa just expired recently. She is going to apply again for 5 years family visitor visa next week. I found the following questions on the form in Part 9.

While my mother was in the UK she tried to registered with NHS they asked about visa status and close her NHS registeration application. Two three times she got private prescription for blood pressure from my doctor as favour and I paid for medicine. I need your advice for filling the below questions. I would like to select NO because she never been to hosiptal and she does have NHS number but they close this because wants to see her visa status.

Please advice I need to send sponsor docs tomorrow. Thanks,

FAMILY VISITOR (VAF1B DECEMBER 2012)

9.2 Have you ever received medical treatment in the UK?

9.3 Did you have to pay for the treatment?

9.4 Where did you receive the treatment?
If ‘Yes’ go to question 9.3

Address :Telephone number:
Name of hospital/clinic/Doctor’s surgery:

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:40 am

Medical treatment may mean treatment other than at a hospital. Hence, the reason "Name of hospital/clinic/Doctor’s surgery". So, I think that she should say "yes" and fill in the details.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

valeed.naim2

Post by valeed.naim2 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:38 pm

Thanks for your reply.

If I fill the details do you think that can be cause of refusal.

Please guide me on this Shall I put YES/NO...

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:44 pm

If they don't fill the questions correctly (and they check the NHS records), then your parents may be refused for deception under 320(7A) and subsequently banned from the UK for at least 10 years under 320(7B).
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:08 pm

valeed.naim2 wrote:If I fill the details do you think that can be cause of refusal.
There shouldn't be any problems with declaring the truth.
Healthcare wrote:If you are a visitor to the UK or have temporary permission to live here (known as 'limited leave to remain'), you may be able to register with a GP in your area and receive free treatment. The GP can decide whether or not to register you. You may not be able to receive the full range of hospital treatment, because you must be a permanent resident or have lived here for a year to qualify for it. This applies even if you are a British citizen or have lived or worked here in the past.
Especially when
valeed.naim2 wrote:and I paid for medicine

valeed.naim2

Post by valeed.naim2 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:40 pm

vinny wrote:
valeed.naim2 wrote:If I fill the details do you think that can be cause of refusal.
There shouldn't be any problems with declaring the truth.
Healthcare wrote:If you are a visitor to the UK or have temporary permission to live here (known as 'limited leave to remain'), you may be able to register with a GP in your area and receive free treatment. The GP can decide whether or not to register you. You may not be able to receive the full range of hospital treatment, because you must be a permanent resident or have lived here for a year to qualify for it. This applies even if you are a British citizen or have lived or worked here in the past.
Especially when
valeed.naim2 wrote:and I paid for medicine
Vinny Thanks for your help... Your first response shocked me because she is widow and I am only son settled in the UK. cannot take any risk. I am going to apply the 5 years visit visa. She has good immigration history.

But I have also another issue which can cause the problem about her traveling dates.

She got first 6 month visa in Sept 2010, made the only one trip and travels date are 22nd Sept 2010 - 28th Jan 2011. ( Around 4 months approx)

then She got two year visa in Oct 2011, made the two trips and travels dates are

1. 10th Nov 2011 - 24th April 2012 ( Around 5 months 20 days approx)
2. 22nd Dec 2012 - 12th June 2013 ( Around 5 months 22 days approx)

I am going to send the docs by courier tomorrow and she got the appointment for visa submission next week.

I have confusion about the following question

6.2 Have you travelled to the UK in the last 10 years?
Answer ‘Yes / No’
If ‘Yes’ please provide details below
Please include all travel of any duration and for any purpose, including
transit. You should include dates, duration of stay and purpose in the
box provided.

I was planning to leave the duration box empty rather then filling with duration e.g 4 months, around 6 months etc. they can check the passport and calculate from there.

Please advise me this. Thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:21 pm

If you know the dates, then you can calculate the duration.

valeed.naim2

Post by valeed.naim2 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:01 am

vinny wrote:If you know the dates, then you can calculate the duration.
Thanks for your reply. I know how to calculate the dates.

my question was do you think such a long trip can impact to get visa again.

Please advice me how I can justify the long trip in application on Q6.2 in VAF1B form. shall I explain why she got long trip but still not breach the immigration rule because she allow to spend 180 maximum. Thanks

Please advise.

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:16 pm

If the form asks for something, answer it truthfully, if it doesn't then don't answer it. The right answer to all the questions is ALWAYS the truthful one, there is no other "right" answer, so I don't see the point in asking here what you should answer, you should answer with the truth.

The form doesn't ask to justify for stays that you consider long, so don't "justify" it. The form does however include the questions asked (saying they can just calculate it themselves from the passport is the same as saying you don't fill in a name on the form as they can get it from the passport - they are asking for it for a reason).

Suddenly justifying things which were perfectly reasonable and valid could even raise suspicion that you are trying to hide something.

Nobody can answer you of whether a truthful answer to that question will have an impact on whether or not she gets the visa, however, I can definitely tell you what will happen if you try to hide it or lie about it.

Just answer the questions - there's not much anyone can help you with - everyone will tell you to answer what you are being asked.
Do not send me PM's with specific questions - post question in the open forum so others can also benefit from the answers.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:07 pm

valeed.naim2 wrote:I would like Sponsor my mother for visit visa application and my bank statement was generate on 19th Aug and she is going to apply on 16th Sept next Monday. On 16th Sept my bank statement will be 28 days old.

Is there any requirement sponsor bank statement must not be old more than 28 days?

Can I used the bank statement issued on 19th Aug for file submission on 16th Sept.

Please advice from experts and legal person. home office website not saying about the validity of the bank statement please see below.

If you will supply financial support and accommodation for your visitor, and/or you will pay for their travel to the UK, they will need to provide:

copies of your bank or building society statements and payslips for the last 6 months; or a copy of your savings account book.

Thanks,
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

valeed.naim2

Post by valeed.naim2 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:47 pm

I would like Sponsor my mother for visit visa application and my bank statement was generate on 19th Aug and she is going to apply on 16th Sept next Monday. On 16th Sept my bank statement will be 28 days old.

Is there any requirement sponsor bank statement must not be old more than 28 days?

Can I used the bank statement issued on 19th Aug for file submission on 16th Sept.

Please advice from experts and legal person. home office website not saying about the validity of the bank statement please see below.

If you will supply financial support and accommodation for your visitor, and/or you will pay for their travel to the UK, they will need to provide:

copies of your bank or building society statements and payslips for the last 6 months; or a copy of your savings account book.

Please request to senior to answer the above problem. Thanks

Thanks,

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:04 am

Have you actually read the Guide to Supporting documents? (Click) The documents have to cover the last available 6 months, if you haven't received the next one, how could you possibly send it?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.