ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 extension date

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kannit

Tier 1 extension date

Post by kannit » Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:35 am

My 2nd Tier 1 extension is due on 26-Oct-13 so I have booked 11-Oct PEO appointment.

I just have a doubt in mind that is PEO appointment too near to my current leave expiry?.. in case there is a problem in application on 11-Oct then I won't have enough time to respond before leave expiry?

I chose 11-Oct PEO date from ILR standpoint. I think with rules in place today I can apply for ILR only after 27-Sep-2015. So if I get 2nd Tier 1 extension till 11-Oct-2015 then I'll get good 15 days window to apply ILR.

I feel dumb asking to help clarify this doubt but any comments please?

hussainkothari
Member of Standing

Post by hussainkothari » Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:40 pm

The scenario you have depicted is correct.. What is the question here?

kannit

Post by kannit » Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:33 am

hussainkothari wrote:The scenario you have depicted is correct.. What is the question here?
I just have a doubt in mind that is 11-Oct PEO appointment too near to my current leave expiry on 25-Oct?.. in case there is a problem in application on 11-Oct then will I have enough time to respond before leave expiry?

abhisheks9
Member of Standing
India

Post by abhisheks9 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:52 am

@kannit
you are assuming that you will get 2 yrs extension for 2nd time extension?
but you should get 3 yrs extension till 11-Oct-2016

kannit

Post by kannit » Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:35 pm

abhisheks9 wrote:@kannit
you are assuming that you will get 2 yrs extension for 2nd time extension?
but you should get 3 yrs extension till 11-Oct-2016
Hi,

Yes I am assuming that because the UKBA policy around 2nd extension is not clear so ultimately it may be up to CW's discretion.

I hope I am wrong!

Cheers!

abhisheks9
Member of Standing
India

Post by abhisheks9 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:06 am

kannit wrote: Hi,

Yes I am assuming that because the UKBA policy around 2nd extension is not clear so ultimately it may be up to CW's discretion.

I hope I am wrong!
Cheers!
Most probabbly you will be wrong :)
as i mentioned in other thread, as per policy its says whoever got previous or last grant after 06 Apr 2010 should get 3 yrs extn. this includes 1st extension after the specified date.
As a indicator, many 3+2 applicants recently got +3 on 2nd extension.

Chittarout
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 1 extension date

Post by Chittarout » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:33 pm

kannit wrote:My 2nd Tier 1 extension is due on 26-Oct-13 so I have booked 11-Oct PEO appointment.

I just have a doubt in mind that is PEO appointment too near to my current leave expiry?.. in case there is a problem in application on 11-Oct then I won't have enough time to respond before leave expiry?

I chose 11-Oct PEO date from ILR standpoint. I think with rules in place today I can apply for ILR only after 27-Sep-2015. So if I get 2nd Tier 1 extension till 11-Oct-2015 then I'll get good 15 days window to apply ILR.

I am also planning to book the appointment for 24 October and My current Visa expiry is 31st October. I don't think there should be any issue even it has less date to the expiry as the premium service needs to be on same day.

However I have one question , did you paid the FULL application fee or just the appointment fees. Is the appointment can be done just 6 weeks before or much before that ?

kannit

Re: Tier 1 extension date

Post by kannit » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:48 pm

Chittarout wrote:
kannit wrote:My 2nd Tier 1 extension is due on 26-Oct-13 so I have booked 11-Oct PEO appointment.

I am also planning to book the appointment for 24 October and My current Visa expiry is 31st October. I don't think there should be any issue even it has less date to the expiry as the premium service needs to be on same day.

However I have one question , did you paid the FULL application fee or just the appointment fees. Is the appointment can be done just 6 weeks before or much before that ?
New rule in place after Jul-2013 require to pay full visa (main+dependant) upfront when booking online. Earlier it was required only to pay GBP100 as appointment fees but not anymore.

You may apply anytime before visa expiry but to retain full visa duration UKBA suggests to apply with 28 days of visa expiry date. Else they will grant extension for 2 years from date of application and you may loose time from current visa.

Some members here are suggesting that if this is your second extension and your last extension was after 6-Apr-2010 then you may get 3 years extension.