ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET(O) application from Tier 1(G) - Earnigns only 8 months

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

whybi
Newly Registered

SET(O) application from Tier 1(G) - Earnigns only 8 months

Post by whybi » Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:58 pm

Hi

Hope someone can advise me on the below, and thank you for your help in advance.

I'm due to apply for the ILR (Set (O)) in Sept/Oct'13.

I've worked as a contractor through my own limited company up until Dec'13 (4 months) and then I've been working as a permanent employee for my employer since (8 months).

May I just bring in the last 8 months of income proof, i.e. official payslips and bankstatements from Jan'13 to Aug'13? Fortunately, my 8 month income from permanent employment is still well over threshold for the points I require. So no problem in meeting the points.

The reason for the above is that I've just realised that documentation to prove my income from the limited company for the period Sep12 to Dec12 (4 months) are quite complicate as I will need the payslips, dividend vouchers (probably stamped by the accountants), and most importantly, the payments from the bank were mixture of salary, dividend and loans so too much hassle to reconcile and prove, plus don't want to pay extra to the accountant to do this for me either.

Whereas my permanent employement income is very straight forward. Only need official payslips and matching payments from the bankstatements for the past 8 months, and probably the employment letter.

Also I'm going to bringing in the HMRC letter of employment history to prove my continuation of residence and employment for the last 5 years.

Thank you for reading this and hope I will hear something from you very soon!

sonub4ualt
Member of Standing

Re: SET(O) application from Tier 1(G) - Earnigns only 8 mont

Post by sonub4ualt » Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:12 pm

whybi wrote:Hi

Hope someone can advise me on the below, and thank you for your help in advance.

I'm due to apply for the ILR (Set (O)) in Sept/Oct'13.

I've worked as a contractor through my own limited company up until Dec'13 (4 months) and then I've been working as a permanent employee for my employer since (8 months).

May I just bring in the last 8 months of income proof, i.e. official payslips and bankstatements from Jan'13 to Aug'13? Fortunately, my 8 month income from permanent employment is still well over threshold for the points I require. So no problem in meeting the points.

The reason for the above is that I've just realised that documentation to prove my income from the limited company for the period Sep12 to Dec12 (4 months) are quite complicate as I will need the payslips, dividend vouchers (probably stamped by the accountants), and most importantly, the payments from the bank were mixture of salary, dividend and loans so too much hassle to reconcile and prove, plus don't want to pay extra to the accountant to do this for me either.

Whereas my permanent employement income is very straight forward. Only need official payslips and matching payments from the bankstatements for the past 8 months, and probably the employment letter.

Also I'm going to bringing in the HMRC letter of employment history to prove my continuation of residence and employment for the last 5 years.

Thank you for reading this and hope I will hear something from you very soon!
You can show your earnings anytime during your 12-15 consecutive months before your date of application, moreover it doesnt have to be exactly 12 months. As long you show your earnings meeting the threshold, it can be 8 or 4 payslips doesnt matter.

whybi
Newly Registered

Post by whybi » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:01 am

thank you very much for the comments, sonub4ualt!

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:57 am

whybi wrote:Hi all,

I would much appreciate if someone would advise on the below.

Will the case worker accept the unsigned copy of the tenancy agreements?

I'm applying for myself and my wife's ILR on SET (O), and as part of the cohabitation evidence documents, I'm planning to bring in the copy of the tenancy agreement.

Issue is that I don't have the 'signed' copy of the agreements with both my name and my wife's names on as I kept the unsigned electronic copy version in PDF only. And, though I am bringing in other cohabitation documents as well but I do not have other doc than the tenancy agreement for the same 4 months period, it falls under. So I am wondering if this will cause any issue.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Regards,
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.