ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

KOLL requirement for my Wife

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

galaxy42
Newly Registered

KOLL requirement for my Wife

Post by galaxy42 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:16 pm

I am due to apply for settlement after Oct 28 2013, means the new rule for English will be applied for my applications.

I will not require to give one as I had done my master from this country. But the concern is for my wife.

I am not sure whether she had the give the English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) test for the ILR. I had heard from the different sources that if had done your qualification in English and provide the proof of it, you get exemption.

If anyone have more knowledge about this then please help.

Thanks in advance.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:28 pm

For settlement you need to meet the KOLL requirement (click) from 28-Oct-2013 an additional English test will be required, however, if she has a degree which is comparable to a UK degree and was taught in English she should be ok.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

galaxy42
Newly Registered

Post by galaxy42 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:14 am

Thanks D4109125 for your reply.

She had done Master in Arts in English from the Gujarat University.

I got slight confusion while checking her qualification online on PBS calculator. Which course to SELECT?

1) Arts
2) English (including Language, Literature, Teaching, Translating/Interpreting)

If I select the first one she don't qualify and had to give the English exam.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:50 am

**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.