ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Indie007
Newly Registered

Post by Indie007 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:29 pm

Believe2013 wrote:
Indie007 wrote:@ Shondra sorry about the negative decision.On my other thread i wrote about pursuing a judicial reveiw after my case was declined with no appeal.However i had to stop the whole process because somewhere along the line my partner mett someone else and now says he is not willing to gothrough with the process.He is self employed and has been evading tax so he says he cant provide me with any documents yet initially he had told me he was sorting his tax affairs.He also tells me to leaave when he is angry but i cant leave as i have no recourse to public funds and i was told the level of emotional abuse was very low level and i cant prove it .I have a 3 month old BC son and i need to put in an Flro application on the basis of my son,but i am now worried about my credibility because i only got the refusal for flrm in the beginning of this year and because i have nowhere to go i am forced to stay in the same house as my partner even though he is constantly asking me to leave.He works out of town and comes every thursday and does not help with the child when he is around.How can i make my flro application stronger?what evidence can i submit?I was considering voluntary return home as i am so stressed and have no support over here .I actuallt feel suicidal ,i have been here as a failed asylum seeker for over 10 years and i dont even have anywhere to go if i return home ,this is why i feel suicidal and depressed.I would appreciate any input as i feel so helpless and desperate.Thank you all and have a blessed day
I am terribly sorry to read of your misfortune. I plead with you to remain calm - as far fetched as this may sound but only then can you start putting concrete plans in place There are lawyers out there that can help on a pro bono basis if money is an issue.

It's not easy being in an abusive relationship where an infant is involved. Well abuse is abuse whether low level or what ever level it's still abuse and usually has a psychological and profound bearing on an individual for many years to come. So don't rule it out as evidence. Be strong for your baby for it depends entirely on you emotionally physically etc I don't need to tell you this as you know it already.

On what grounds was your asylum case refused if you don't mind me asking ? Further more you had a refusal of the FLR(M) and you mentioned lack of supporting financial evidence as a reason? I am very hopeful you can solve the problem by submitting an FLR(O) application. Have you spoken to any Lawyers yet? Perhaps that's the first step I would encourage you to do.

Just one more quick question, if I may, in your appeals process you abandoned were your counsel going to invoke article 8?

There was a nationality dispute on my asylum case as the HO was arguing that i was not from my country of origion despite submitting all my birth certifiicates ,speaking my home language and passing their nationality test.They insisted that i was entitled to the fake passport i used to travel to the uk there was an error of law in my case but i did not follow it up as i had a bad experience when i was i detention.I was strip searched infornt of male officers and was restrained forcibly yet i was not bein disruptive.This was because i had slashed my wrists with a blade i found in the holding centre and one of the officers cut his hand trying to force my hand open to take the blade and he thought i had given him aids as i was african.It was a crazy incident ,it left me traumatised and i basically just gave up on my case as i didnt want the same thing to happen to me again.I got an apology from the home office though.

i only came in contact with the HO recently when i made my flrm which was declined. My JR was going to be on the basis of my partner and child (article 8) even though i had been told it was borderline, i was willing to try.Now that my partner has left me i have to go the FLRO route .I have a solicitor he is going to help me with the application but i am trying to do my own research as i want to increase my chances.

shareen24h

Post by shareen24h » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:30 pm

[quote="Shondra Sharma"]thanks@kukuwife I just got a refusal letter today said we might grant as a child as a main applicant she is living in uk 7 years or more but your parents have no basis of stay in the time of application.[/quote]

Guys

I am getting very scared to open the forum and read news, because the amount refusal are seen. Very frustrating and losing my weight from normal.

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:32 pm

@shareen24h please check in your inbox.

hatchsead

Post by hatchsead » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:39 pm

shareen24h wrote:
Shondra Sharma wrote:thanks@kukuwife I just got a refusal letter today said we might grant as a child as a main applicant she is living in uk 7 years or more but your parents have no basis of stay in the time of application.
Guys

I am getting very scared to open the forum and read news, because the amount refusal are seen. Very frustrating and losing my weight from normal.
Please don't be scared. This is what they are trying to do by refusing lots of application thereby discouraging others from coming forward.

They are trying to see if we believe in what we are asking for but having you fight for it once they refuse you initially. I am sure most applications refused will not see JR but reconsidered at PAP if we keep fighting.

Its just pure physiology they are playing at, so lets keep our eyes on the mark God willing.

SDP

Post by SDP » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:43 pm

CrystalNewbie wrote:
SDP wrote:Very depressive & disappointing looking at refusals, not a good start for the month and week.
I have already lost hope with my case, lived here only for 12 yrs , no British kid nor partner applied on private life hmmm ppl at HO with no brains & heart ..no chance of me granted !
You will be shocked...I have a friend who has lived here for fourteen years ---a couple of years legal but mostly illegal and they have given her indefinite stay....you just have to trust that God is working on your behalf and your blessing is on the way...
@ Crystal ! Probably they must have applied when their were no £6.50 temporary staff working at HO, it's the timing I suppose. You friend is really lucky . This is my 13 th year in UK waiting for a decision since Sep2012, emotions have been running high, finance drying , depression building up.
I am a qualified Accountant sitting at home since one year..Phew !
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

shareen24h

Post by shareen24h » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:54 pm

[quote="hatchsead"][quote="shareen24h"][quote="Shondra Sharma"]thanks@kukuwife I just got a refusal letter today said we might grant as a child as a main applicant she is living in uk 7 years or more but your parents have no basis of stay in the time of application.[/quote]

Guys

I am getting very scared to open the forum and read news, because the amount refusal are seen. Very frustrating and losing my weight from normal.[/quote]

Please don't be scared. This is what they are trying to do by refusing lots of application thereby discouraging others from coming forward.

They are trying to see if we believe in what we are asking for but having you fight for it once they refuse you initially. I am sure most applications refused will not see JR but reconsidered at PAP if we keep fighting.

Its just pure physiology they are playing at, so lets keep our eyes on the mark God willing.[/quote]

@hatchsead

Thank you for encouragement. Could be I am the most emotional one in the forum.

shareen24h

Post by shareen24h » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:54 pm

[quote="Shondra Sharma"]@shareen24h please check in your inbox.[/quote]

@Sharma

i have replied.

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:57 pm

@sharren you check it plz

shareen24h

Post by shareen24h » Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:04 pm

[quote="SDP"][quote="CrystalNewbie"][quote="SDP"]Very depressive & disappointing looking at refusals, not a good start for the month and week.
I have already lost hope with my case, lived here only for 12 yrs , no British kid nor partner applied on private life hmmm ppl at HO with no brains & heart ..no chance of me granted ![/quote]

You will be shocked...I have a friend who has lived here for fourteen years ---a couple of years legal but mostly illegal and they have given her indefinite stay....you just have to trust that God is working on your behalf and your blessing is on the way...[/quote]

@ Crystal ! Probably they must have applied when their were no £6.50 temporary staff working at HO, it's the timing I suppose. You friend is really lucky . This is my 13 th year in UK waiting for a decision since Sep2012, emotions have been running high, finance drying , depression building up.
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:[/quote]

Hi everybody
What I have noticed that most of we are waiting for HO decision or mercy are skilled and can contribute a lots the UK economy. Instead of those people who are taking government/taxpayers money by sitting home with no work or not eligible to work minimum wages. HO can test us giving permission to work by no recourse to public funds REST OF LIFE.

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:19 pm

Shondra Sharma wrote:@believe2013 what happened your PAP? and judicial review, have filed JR?did it approve? please could you share if you don't mind
Well my PAP fell on deaf ears and after a month of hoping and waiting for a response we applied for JR which was approved and filed, now I am waiting for my hearing date. It doesn't mean to say your PAP won't work you never know. if they fail to respond to your PAP within 14 days when your JR case is over and successful you can claim your costs back from the Home office. I intend to do just that when I wipe the court room floor with their faces lol
Last edited by Believe2013 on Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SDP

Post by SDP » Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:24 pm

shareen24h wrote:
SDP wrote:
CrystalNewbie wrote:
SDP wrote:Very depressive & disappointing looking at refusals, not a good start for the month and week.
I have already lost hope with my case, lived here only for 12 yrs , no British kid nor partner applied on private life hmmm ppl at HO with no brains & heart ..no chance of me granted !
You will be shocked...I have a friend who has lived here for fourteen years ---a couple of years legal but mostly illegal and they have given her indefinite stay....you just have to trust that God is working on your behalf and your blessing is on the way...
Hi everybody
What I have noticed that most of we are waiting for HO decision or mercy are skilled and can contribute a lots the UK economy. Instead of those people who are taking government/taxpayers money by sitting home with no work or not eligible to work minimum wages. HO can test us giving permission to work by no recourse to public funds REST OF LIFE.
Yeah I agree with you ! I have never claimed any money from Govt all my life, always worked hard & paid tax , but do you think ppl at HO will consider all these facts ?

CrystalNewbie
Mood:
Malawi

Post by CrystalNewbie » Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:24 pm

shareen24h wrote:
SDP wrote:
CrystalNewbie wrote:
Hi everybody
@SDP..I feel...am in the same situation where I have been at home for a year now...graduated in July 2012 with a permanent head damage (PhD) and it pains me to be here...but am doing this for my kids. I am giving it until December and then I have to decide to go otherwise papers become useless just sitting in your pocket. Its even harder when I see my friends are working or have started something and I question myself all the time...and seeing some of the refusals on here is hard coz they can also use the fact that you have skills to argue that your children can make it in your home country.... :x :( :? :roll:

emmz13
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by emmz13 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:27 pm

My hubby and I have been following this thread for a while as we wait to hear about our FLRO application. I just wanted to say to those that are waiting to hear or have received bad news please don't give up hope. I understand the frustration and the despair when the HO reach a completely unacceptable decision but we will all get there one way or another. What doesn't kill us does make us stronger and I will fight them to the bitter end.
Good luck to all those still waiting I hope very much good news comes your way soon and to those denied... fight!! I know money may be tight, hope is lost and the light gone from the end of the tunnel but we must not allow the HO to treat us so inhumanly. All my hubby and I want is to be a family and rebuild our lives, and I know we will one day be free.

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:38 pm

I see the glowing light and burning desires in you guys. You may not see it but I surely can. Please don't let it die out. We will triumph sooner or later. Too much untapped talent here - I wish I was in recruitment forget about LinkedIn, I would start here seriously!

oops lunch time yet another email to dispatches channel 4 coming up shortly.

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:11 pm

Indie007 wrote:@ Shondra sorry about the negative decision.On my other thread i wrote about pursuing a judicial reveiw after my case was declined with no appeal.However i had to stop the whole process because somewhere along the line my partner mett someone else and now says he is not willing to gothrough with the process.He is self employed and has been evading tax so he says he cant provide me with any documents yet initially he had told me he was sorting his tax affairs.He also tells me to leaave when he is angry but i cant leave as i have no recourse to public funds and i was told the level of emotional abuse was very low level and i cant prove it .I have a 3 month old BC son and i need to put in an Flro application on the basis of my son,but i am now worried about my credibility because i only got the refusal for flrm in the beginning of this year and because i have nowhere to go i am forced to stay in the same house as my partner even though he is constantly asking me to leave.He works out of town and comes every thursday and does not help with the child when he is around.How can i make my flro application stronger?what evidence can i submit?I was considering voluntary return home as i am so stressed and have no support over here .I actuallt feel suicidal ,i have been here as a failed asylum seeker for over 10 years and i dont even have anywhere to go if i return home ,this is why i feel suicidal and depressed.I would appreciate any input as i feel so helpless and desperate.Thank you all and have a blessed day

Im sorry to hear about your situation at home babe. Its really awful to be in your position now with a baby on your hands and suffer emotional abuse from your partner. `
Ive been there myself once before and I messed it up real badly so my child was taken into care because of all that.
Anyway, if you are based in London there is a charity organisation that helps women in your situation. They can assist you with your visa as well as lots of other things. All the other places like Women Aid etc wont help unless you have a valid leave to be here, but Bede House can assist you in finding ways to legalise your status. Also, if they wont be able to help, they will put you in contact with those who can. Good luck x

http://www.bedehouse.org.uk/programmes/starfish/
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:21 pm

Hello guys! @ ShondraSharma @summer2013 you guys are in my prayers! Hit them with that PAP letter where it hurts the most! (JR threat)

So I went to that reporting thing today courtesy of Portsmouth Removals folk, turned out to be nothing bad, they just blatantly changed my reporting venue for no reason whatsoever without explaining it to me...
Idiots! I mean they could ve sent at least a cover letter explaining bla bla we are changing your reporting venue., instead of a letter requesting me to attend today at specific time and nothing else.

And its like in the middle of nowhere and I was being real late and nearly got myself killed on my li'l bike !! :roll: But yeah, im not detained

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:23 pm

Believe2013 wrote:I see the glowing light and burning desires in you guys. You may not see it but I surely can. Please don't let it die out. We will triumph sooner or later. Too much untapped talent here - I wish I was in recruitment forget about LinkedIn, I would start here seriously!

oops lunch time yet another email to dispatches channel 4 coming up shortly.

OMG you really ARE doing that babe?!!! You are our HERO!!!!!!

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:32 pm

Hi @Verbina we were wondering where you had disappeared to. I can imagine they were so disappointed to see you make the appointment. great stuff, well done never give them the satisfaction.

Anyways - I intend to bombard them with at least 5 emails a day. So far the automated response they will get back to me at the earliest convenience......I have my telephone number in the email so hopefully I can speak to someone too. Who knows.............

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:37 pm

Believe2013 wrote:Hi @Verbina we were wondering where you had disappeared to. I can imagine they were so disappointed to see you make the appointment. great stuff, well done never give them the satisfaction.

Anyways - I intend to bombard them with at least 5 emails a day. So far the automated response they will get back to me at the earliest convenience......I have my telephone number in the email so hopefully I can speak to someone too. Who knows.............
Cool!!! Great plan!!!

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:08 pm

verbina wrote:Hello guys! @ ShondraSharma @summer2013 you guys are in my prayers! Hit them with that PAP letter where it hurts the most! (JR threat)

So I went to that reporting thing today courtesy of Portsmouth Removals folk, turned out to be nothing bad, they just blatantly changed my reporting venue for no reason whatsoever without explaining it to me...
Idiots! I mean they could ve sent at least a cover letter explaining bla bla we are changing your reporting venue., instead of a letter requesting me to attend today at specific time and nothing else.

And its like in the middle of nowhere and I was being real late and nearly got myself killed on my li'l bike !! :roll: But yeah, im not detained
Welcome back Verbina, thank goodness for the lack of the brainless officers for causing discomfort without enquiry if it would be comfortable making it out there. Hopefully they are up to no tricks with their slyness.

I know this is perhaps a wrong time to post this here but shondrashorma and summer2013 prayers are with you and I know God never fails, he might delay but he is never late. This is my syrup every morning and I hope it gives someone some sort of encouragement. to some it might be a song but I find comfort in lyrics (I was booed at some stage in my early stage of being a dj for playing this).

To SDP, call me dude, believe2013, indie007, shareen2h, GodGives, and to others waiting or appealing this is for you

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NSN7u5nwnIY

(God doesn't make mistakes).....
Last edited by dapsonlee on Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SDP

Post by SDP » Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:17 pm

Hi Verbina ! Was wondering where you were ?

Rang HO , i gave them all my details bla bla... what they say now is , for FLR(0) with human rights/ family life their is no deadline as such and I need to wait until a decision is made, it also doesnt say if my case was allocated to a caseworker or not ?
I spoke to my solicitor he is sending a reminder letter this week.
Has anyone in the same situation rung HO ? Plz update what the answer was at the customer service.
Thank you in advance!

SDP

Post by SDP » Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:21 pm

dapsonlee wrote:
verbina wrote:Hello guys! @ ShondraSharma @summer2013 you guys are in my prayers! Hit them with that PAP letter where it hurts the most! (JR threat)

Welcome back Verbina, thank goodness for the lack of the brainless officers for causing discomfort without enquiry if it would be comfortable making it out there. Hopefully they are up to no tricks with their slyness.

I know this is perhaps a wrong time to post this here but shondrashorma and summer2013 prayers are with you and I know God never fails, he might delay but he is never late. This is my syrup every morning and I hope it gives someone some sort of encouragement. to some it might be a song but I find comfort in lyrics (I was booed at some stage in my early stage of being a dj for playing this).

To SDP, call me dude, believe2013, indie007, shareen2h, GodGives, and to others waiting or appealing this is for you guys...

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fpl4KRetPfQ

Thank you @Dapsonlee

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:24 pm

SDP wrote:Hi Verbina ! Was wondering where you were ?

Rang HO , i gave them all my details bla bla... what they say now is , for FLR(0) with human rights/ family life their is no deadline as such and I need to wait until a decision is made, it also doesnt say if my case was allocated to a caseworker or not ?
Has anyone in the same situation rung HO ? Plz update what the answer was at the customer service.
Thank you in advance!
Well that's what I was told last week. I was also told that only those who made in-time applications are being given priority so hence I should just wait until a decision is reached and also my case has not been allocated to a case worker as of yet. (Superman hosts kryptonite). Well I have vowed I am not gonna ring that number at all this month whatsoever and just keep faith instead cos there is nothing on the other line but the voices of depression. So except you are extending, with kids or with a British partner then try otherwise we continue to battle with patience by keeping faith.

hatchsead

Post by hatchsead » Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:24 pm

SDP wrote:Hi Verbina ! Was wondering where you were ?

Thank you in advance!
I was given the same answer last week Thursday that its a complicated case which usually has no time limit to decide :shock:

Call me dude
Nigeria

Post by Call me dude » Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:28 pm

dapsonlee wrote:

To SDP, call me dude, believe2013, indie007, shareen2h, GodGives, and to others waiting or appealing this is for you guys...

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fpl4KRetPfQ

Thank you dapsonlee for the link...Nobody is a Nobody.And I believe God doesn't make mistakes.it just a matter of time.
It is well