ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Payment Declined - Credit Card - Contact Details help

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Praveena1
Newly Registered

Payment Declined - Credit Card - Contact Details help

Post by Praveena1 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:13 pm

Hi,

I made an application on 21st August 2013 which was received by UKBA on 22nd.

Since no payment was taken until now from my credit card, spoke with the bank who said a payment was declined on 27th August as incorrect security code was entered. I have not yet received a letter from UKBA until now. NCS said wait for the letter regarding payment or else send an email to them.

Could anyone suggest what email ID should I use? Is it nationalityprogress@ukba.homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk or ukbanationalityenquiries@ukba.gsi.gov.uk

Many thanks

VR

Payment declined

Post by VR » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:31 pm

Did you give them the correct security code on the payment form?
Anycase wait for them to get in touch. Then once they do get in touch with your bank and you have two options;

a)Get a bankers cheque (demand draft) and send with the request for payment.

b) Inform the bankers that a payment request for 874 or whatever 1550 for family application is expected from the Border agency and ask them to approve it. I would not take a second chance.

When you respond to the border agency let them know that despite supplying all the correct details a wrong security code was entered and the payment declined. If the bank gave you some physical document as proof send that. Make sure the jobsworth that keyed in wrong info is brought to book.

Cheers
vr

Praveena1
Newly Registered

Post by Praveena1 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:15 pm

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, I did provide the correct security code, which was cross-checked by the NCS advisor as well.

Do you know how long I have to wait for them to get in touch with me?

Regarding the demand draft you mentioned, I could find no section in the payment slip about a demand draft, so I just have to attach it with the payment slip they send?

I did inform the bank about the payment before I made the application to be on the safe side, but still not sure who messed it up, although the bank says wrong security code was entered.

Thanks

p2kin

Post by p2kin » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:53 am

Praveena1 wrote: Regarding the demand draft you mentioned, I could find no section in the payment slip about a demand draft, so I just have to attach it with the payment slip they send?
Draft is a kind of cheque, It has all those codes that a normal cheque has.. just fill in details for cheque & you should be fine.

Re: Payment Declined - Credit Card - Contact Details help

Post by 2321 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:03 am

Praveena1 wrote:Hi,

I made an application on 21st August 2013 which was received by UKBA on 22nd.

Since no payment was taken until now from my credit card, spoke with the bank who said a payment was declined on 27th August as incorrect security code was entered. I have not yet received a letter from UKBA until now. NCS said wait for the letter regarding payment or else send an email to them.

Could anyone suggest what email ID should I use? Is it nationalityprogress@ukba.homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk or ukbanationalityenquiries@ukba.gsi.gov.uk

Many thanks
I suggest you to wait for their letter otherwise there is no other option to make payment.