ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Appeal Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

astroraj
Newly Registered

Post by astroraj » Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:48 pm

austin100 wrote:Re-apply again and you can still go ahead with the appeal if you want.
State the reason for submitting the appeal late . They will still consider it. Nothing to worry about it

Thanks! I have got all the documents to re apply-- hopefully everything is going to be fine.

eea2victam
Newly Registered

Post by eea2victam » Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:02 pm

Hi guys. My wife's EEA1 is approved while my EEA2 is refused on the basis that our answers during interview (Liverpool) does not match and that they think it’s a marriage of convenience. I was calm and patient during the time they took to decide my application. My wife is 8 months pregnant and this decision put us under immense pressure.

I’m going to appeal this decision. Please someone advice me which of the following is best – keeping in mind my visa expired on in April

1- Reapply ?
2- Reconsideration ?
3- Appeal (oral – paper) ?

Many thanks.

Yehowa
Newly Registered

Re: Paper Appeal

Post by Yehowa » Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:42 pm

Yehowa wrote:Got letter today from tribunal that my appeal has been scheduled for hearing on 17th Dec 2013. Unbelievable, my initial appeal on 26th April 2013 was on paper and got letter to submit further evidence and submissions by 10th July 2013 which I did HO did not submit anything and I did not received anything from them as well. Now it has been scheduled for hearing on 17th Dec 2013, this is a joke.

what might possibly be the reasons for this? Any help will do
so in all my appeal s apparently taken 8 months before decision is made

jamesadewale200

Post by jamesadewale200 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:24 pm

@yehowa, were you told that your. Case was before a judge and later got a letter saying your paper hearing has been turned to oral.cos in my case i was told paper hearing was held 12th august and decision is still reserved so dont know when i will get the determination

Yehowa
Newly Registered

Post by Yehowa » Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:30 pm

In my case they said the judge has requested oral hearing instead of paper hearing though I did not requested for oral hearing. Home Office did not submit any defense and I did not receive any bundle from HO by the 10 July deadline set by the court. So now I have to wait until 17th December 2013 for oral hearing.

Is it usual?

syedhassan
Newly Registered

EEA2 Application

Post by syedhassan » Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:59 am

sila wrote:hi there please help me
eea2 on 27 September 2012
ho recived 16 October 2012
refused on 25 may 2013
reson for refusal is
visa expired 31 march 2011 which is my old visa my new visa is valid up to 20 may 2014
my eea2 also state that my sponcers self employed business address is also home address .my tenancy agreement not alowd to so so
ni contributions not show
you have show personal bank account
not shown invoces
Hi Sila,
I have same case as you had. My wife also has same address of business as residence, which off course tenancy agreement shall not allow to accommodate it.

I just want to know how did you count this issue as my case is with HO and its been 3 month past and still waiting.

Looking forward your favorable response. Thanks

Regards
Syed

teetee4Z

hi

Post by teetee4Z » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:25 pm

Pls does anyone know if an oral appeal hearing can still hold if the non-EU can't attend cuz of medical condition but the EU partner attends.

Imshzd

Re: EEA2 Application

Post by Imshzd » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:59 pm

syedhassan wrote:
sila wrote:hi there please help me
eea2 on 27 September 2012
ho recived 16 October 2012
refused on 25 may 2013
reson for refusal is
visa expired 31 march 2011 which is my old visa my new visa is valid up to 20 may 2014
my eea2 also state that my sponcers self employed business address is also home address .my tenancy agreement not alowd to so so
ni contributions not show
you have show personal bank account
not shown invoces
Hi Sila,
I have same case as you had. My wife also has same address of business as residence, which off course tenancy agreement shall not allow to accommodate it.

I just want to know how did you count this issue as my case is with HO and its been 3 month past and still waiting.

Looking forward your favorable response. Thanks

Regards
Syed

Does not matter if home address are same as a business address.

soniac

Post by soniac » Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:45 pm

Hi everyone....got this email today:)))))

Your non EEA partners case has been issued and is in the process of the residence card vignette being printed onto the passport. This is the responsibility of another department so I am unable to give you timeframes. I would expect that you should receive the residence card within 14 days. If you do not please email me back and I will make further enquiries

After replying that his passport is actually with us as we had requested it back for travels we undertook he replied that it would be issued on A4 and that we should notify the tribunal to withdraw our appeal. Do I withdraw the appeal before we actually receive the RC in our hands or wait?

Over the moon right now to receive this news!!!!

teetee4Z

congrats

Post by teetee4Z » Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:58 pm

soniac wrote:Hi everyone....got this email today:)))))

Your non EEA partners case has been issued and is in the process of the residence card vignette being printed onto the passport. This is the responsibility of another department so I am unable to give you timeframes. I would expect that you should receive the residence card within 14 days. If you do not please email me back and I will make further enquiries

After replying that his passport is actually with us as we had requested it back for travels we undertook he replied that it would be issued on A4 and that we should notify the tribunal to withdraw our appeal. Do I withdraw the appeal before we actually receive the RC in our hands or wait?

Over the moon right now to receive this news!!!!
Congrats soniac, that's gd news, pls wat was d reason they refused ur partner initially

soniac

Re: congrats

Post by soniac » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:47 pm

[quote="teetee4Z"][quote="soniac"]Hi everyone....got this email today:)))))

Over the moon right now to receive this news!!!![/quote]
Congrats soniac, that's gd news, pls wat was d reason they refused ur partner initially[/quote]

Thank you very much 😃😃😃😃
Please see this thread for information on our refusal
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ght=soniac

shineangel

Post by shineangel » Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:55 pm

Glory be to Allah my appeal allowed by immigration judge in Birmingham. Ukba have 5 working days to challenge this decision if only there is point of law arising from first tier Tribunal decision. I look forward for Ukba to review and issue my RC. Alhamdulilah

teetee4Z

congrats

Post by teetee4Z » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:21 pm

shineangel wrote:Glory be to Allah my appeal allowed by immigration judge in Birmingham. Ukba have 5 working days to challenge this decision if only there is point of law arising from first tier Tribunal decision. I look forward for Ukba to review and issue my RC. Alhamdulilah
Allahu Akbar, congrats, pls wat was the reason they refused u initially and did u do oral or paper appeal.

shineangel

Post by shineangel » Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:09 am

teetee4Z wrote:
shineangel wrote:Glory be to Allah my appeal allowed by immigration judge in Birmingham. Ukba have 5 working days to challenge this decision if only there is point of law arising from first tier Tribunal decision. I look forward for Ukba to review and issue my RC. Alhamdulilah
Allahu Akbar, congrats, pls wat was the reason they refused u initially and did u do oral or paper appeal.
Thanks, I did paper appeal and my application was refused because my marriage was conducted by proxy from my country of origin, Alhamdulilah immigration judge consider all my evidence and Coi report before reaching his decision.

shineangel

Post by shineangel » Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:14 am

lala27 wrote:I'm really tired of this tribunal decision the judge said,I'm not satisfied that this marriage is not one of convenience or I'm not satisfied the marriage is valid after all the evidence and the coi report confirm that proxy marriage is recognised in Nigeria under customary law in Nigeria.but how can a marriage be a convenience if is not valid.
Have you got any update about your appeal to upper tribunal.please don't give up, I won my appeal and immigration judge consider all my evidence and Coi report before reaching his decision.

teetee4Z

Post by teetee4Z » Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:38 am

shineangel wrote:
teetee4Z wrote:
Thanks, I did paper appeal and my application was refused because my marriage was conducted by proxy from my country of origin, Alhamdulilah immigration judge consider all my evidence and Coi report before reaching his decision.

Congrats once again, I never knew we cld do paper hearing wen apealing proxy marriage, I was in tthat situation last year but then coi report of my country didn't support proxy so wen we went for oral hearing there were sm questions that myself and my partner contradicted each other so d apeal was dismissed bbut my lawyer adviced we get married here in the UK which we did and reapply but application was refused bcuz d caseworker said due to the first apeal she believes its marriage of convenience so we ve appealed again, oral hearing, we ve everything to prove our rship. Am right now expecting my second child. So pls advice wat r d chances appeal is allowed, jazakhalahu khairan

johnkumar
Newly Registered

appeal hearing date

Post by johnkumar » Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:06 am

hi to all,

does anyone knows how long it take to get hearing date... i filed my appeal on 8 june 2013 and tribunal fees gone from my account after 5 weeks.. but still waiting for any response from tribunal.

is there any deadline ..like how long the whole process take..!!

diangelo

Re: appeal hearing date

Post by diangelo » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:14 pm

johnkumar wrote:hi to all,

does anyone knows how long it take to get hearing date... i filed my appeal on 8 june 2013 and tribunal fees gone from my account after 5 weeks.. but still waiting for any response from tribunal.

It takes roughly 3 to 4 months from the date you filed the appeal.That money has been taken from your account means your case is progressing

diangelo

Re: appeal hearing date

Post by diangelo » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:17 pm

johnkumar wrote:hi to all,

It takes roughly 3 to 4 months from the date you filed the appeal.That money has been taken from your account means your case is progressing

jamesadewale200

Post by jamesadewale200 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:38 pm

My appeal was heard via paper appeal on the 12th of August 2013 but I still haven't heard from the tribunal regarding the outcome,I called today and was told judgement is reserved ,still waiting for immigration judge.how long does it normally take to hear from a judge.

shineangel

Post by shineangel » Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:46 pm

jamesadewale200 wrote:My appeal was heard via paper appeal on the 12th of August 2013 but I still haven't heard from the tribunal regarding the outcome,I called today and was told judgement is reserved ,still waiting for immigration judge.how long does it normally take to hear from a judge.
Did you mean deadline to submit your bundles is 12th of August ? If answer is yes, immigration judge will start working on your bundles 13th August and will take decision within 3 weeks if not a complex case that requires further investigation. Immigration judge will send decision to tribunal service when he finished working on your case. Expect decision latest middle of the month. I use my personal case as example. Good luck.

jamesadewale200

Post by jamesadewale200 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:24 pm

@shineangel, submission deadline was 6th august2013 and was told by IAC that case was heard by a judge via paper appeal and it was on the 12th august 2013 and case isnt complex as refusal was not able to show evidenve of self employment during divorce even though i submitted tax assessment and evidence of Ni paid and also my ex started employment as well on octber 6th 2012 and decree absolute issued october 9th 2012 so she was self employed and employed.

diangelo

APPEAL TIME

Post by diangelo » Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:21 pm

App sent:03/10/12
Received:03/10/12
COA received:17/10/12
RC:Refused 15/04/13(with right of appeal)
Reconsideration Request:30/04/13
Appealed(Paper):24/04/13
Appeal allowed: 25/07/13
RC Issued: 27/08/13 (received 29/08/13)

blesoo100
Newly Registered

Post by blesoo100 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:59 pm

Hi everyone,
I really need help. I applied for a residence card as an Eea extended family member as my sister is m an Eea citizen and my sponsor but my application was refused with right to a.....l

blesoo100
Newly Registered

Post by blesoo100 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:20 pm

I appealed and won the oral appeal. Here are the details
Application submitted: 30th August, 2012
Certificate of application received: 15th October, 2012.
Application refused: 1st Feb, 2013.
Oral appeal hearing: 17th June, 2013 and told by judge that appesl is
Allowed.
Appeal allowed determination sent: 24th of June and we received i on the 25th o, tbryf June.
My problem is that its been 10 weeks since my appeal was allowed and I haven't received my residence card from the home office. I called eu enquiries number but I eas on hold fir over one hour. pls what can I do to get my rc as soon ad possible as its difficult for me to get a job without it. Thanks all!