ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Not matching names spelling in birth and marriage certs

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

cocoa123

Not matching names spelling in birth and marriage certs

Post by cocoa123 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:58 am

Hi folks, can anybody advice on the following. My surname spelling in Marriage cert is a bit different from my current passport. In the Marriage cert issued in Russia my surname occurs with ending 'A' according to the russian female surnames spelling rules. Russian women surnames usually have the female ending "va/na" on the end, as compared to a male’s ending "v/n". In instance, family name 'Sharapov' in female being spelled as 'Sharapova' or 'Safin'->'Safina' etc. However in my passport (not russian) occurs just family name without the ending 'A'. The same way both certificates have been translated to english - one with A another without A. So, I'm wondering would it be a problem for INIS? Should I enclose a clarification on it to the form8? Thanks.

courny

Post by courny » Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:16 am

Yes it will be a problem. Best to get this corrected if you can. Otherwise just explain it to them in writing and pray that they agree. But it's very unlikely they will accept it. Best to sort it out. I am speaking from experience in dealing with something very similar.

courny

Post by courny » Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:53 pm

apply and they will refuse the application.
i know of 2 people who had a similar problem.
you WILL need to get it corrected.
sorry to give u bad news. but like i said unlikely it will be ignored.
they are very particular.
friend of mine :
passport surname "jahan" birth certificate surname "jehan"
applicaiton refused and had to get it correct before they accepted it