ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship - Adverse History with UK

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Citizenship - Adverse History with UK

Post by CalvinKlien » Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:13 pm

Hi All,

I really need an expert opinion on this matter:

I applied for naturalization about 9 months ago and received a letter yesterday from naturalization department looking for following clarification:

The letter stated that " This is understood that you have adverse history with UK. Please forward details of the circumstances that gave rise to this"

My UK visit visa was refused in 2004 when i was on student visa in Ireland and the refusal reason was that your stay in Ireland is less than six months since you arrived in Ireland and my college attendance was 89.5% which was less according to the entry clearance officer"

After my first UK visa refusal i got many UK visas, detail is as follows:

6 months
1 year
2 years
5 years
and got a UK Business visit visa only last week for 6 months which is valid until Jan 2014.

I never committed any crime or such activity in the UK that will go against me. So, I don't know on what bases naturalization department can say that i have adverse history with UK ? Your expert opinion would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:46 pm

I think this has something to do with what the Visa office/Home office have on your record.

I suggest you contact them first, using the freedom of information act to seek for information about your records or something I am not too sure, but the Visa or Home Office need to provide the records store for all the visa applications that you have made.

Having said that, have you been to the adversed attention of the police in the UK or any minor offences at all?
I oppose stereotype, prejudice, xenophobe, judgmental, Ignorance, and beloved.

barnaby

Post by barnaby » Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:53 pm

IntegratedMigrant wrote:I suggest you contact them first, using the freedom of information act to seek for information about your records or something I am not too sure, but the Visa or Home Office need to provide the records store for all the visa applications that you have made.
That's not a bad idea. My wife made a "subject access request" to the HO (http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/navig ... onal-data/) and (eventually) received a 1kg pile of paper from them listing all of her UK visa applications, etc.

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Post by CalvinKlien » Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:16 pm

No, never, i never came to attention of UK police. Most of my UK trips are based on 1 day or on transit while going to my home country.

If i have any bad record in the UK than why UKBA have issued me visas on so many occasions ? I just got a six months Business visitor visa last week for UK.

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:22 pm

CalvinKlien wrote:No, never, i never came to attention of UK police. Most of my UK trips are based on 1 day or on transit while going to my home country.

If i have any bad record in the UK than why UKBA have issued me visas on so many occasions ? I just got a six months Business visitor visa last week for UK.
Like I've suggested and @barnaby backed up, contact the Home Office first and Requests for personal data!.

With that you can forward all the documents to the INIS with a covering letter and that will make your case very strong as that it an evidence that you've done nothing wrong in the UK, if you truly hadn't done anything wrong!.

It is also a good idea because you never know what the Home Office have on your record until you see it!

Alternatively you can tell the INIS you dont know what they're talking about. Your call.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:21 pm

Bear in mind that the UK file access request may take some time. You could write back to INIS with your UK visa history. It does not appear to be the case that that the UK has a problem issuing you with visas.

dublinguy01
Newly Registered

Re: Citizenship - Adverse History with UK

Post by dublinguy01 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:13 pm

CalvinKlien wrote:Hi All,

I really need an expert opinion on this matter:

I applied for naturalization about 9 months ago and received a letter yesterday from naturalization department looking for following clarification:

The letter stated that " This is understood that you have adverse history with UK. Please forward details of the circumstances that gave rise to this"

My UK visit visa was refused in 2004 when i was on student visa in Ireland and the refusal reason was that your stay in Ireland is less than six months since you arrived in Ireland and my college attendance was 89.5% which was less according to the entry clearance officer"

After my first UK visa refusal i got many UK visas, detail is as follows:

6 months
1 year
2 years
5 years
and got a UK Business visit visa only last week for 6 months which is valid until Jan 2014.

I never committed any crime or such activity in the UK that will go against me. So, I don't know on what bases naturalization department can say that i have adverse history with UK ? Your expert opinion would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
well i applied for the naturlisation in September 2o12, received the letter with the same wording, however i never had any rejection on any of the applied visa to Uk. I have UK valid visa till 2015, before that i had visa for 6 months,2 years, this is my third visa with 5 year validity.

I don't know what is the source of this information for Irish immigration department to quote that we have adverse immigration history.

Anyway i posted them all my visa copies along with confirmation that i never had any refusal or any bad history with any country around the world.

Let's see what they come back with. Would you mind sharing the update with your file.. what step you took and whats the results so far. Good luck any way.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:33 am

Post back when you get a response from INIS.

dublinguy01
Newly Registered

Post by dublinguy01 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:51 pm

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:Post back when you get a response from INIS.
Recieved the new letter with the information that uk border agency claimed that i applied for visa in 2011 from dubai which had been declined.

I already sent them my valid uk visa starting from 2010 till 2015. so if i have valid visa, why should i apply another visa in 2011. i have to resend the same print out again and has to write this common sence, which i expected to be used by the officer???

Any one else is in the same situation?

jeupsy

Post by jeupsy » Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:10 pm

Do you have a fairly common name? Maybe someone else with the same name as you and they are mixed-up?

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:11 am

To start with, where you ever in Dubai?

If No, then maybe its a mxied up or your passport information may have been used in applying for a visa from Dubai.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:56 am

dublinguy01 wrote:
EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:Post back when you get a response from INIS.
Recieved the new letter with the information that uk border agency claimed that i applied for visa in 2011 from dubai which had been declined.

I already sent them my valid uk visa starting from 2010 till 2015. so if i have valid visa, why should i apply another visa in 2011. i have to resend the same print out again and has to write this common sence, which i expected to be used by the officer???

Any one else is in the same situation?
If this was not you, write to them and state this. It is possible that someone tried to obtain a visa by deception using your details. You need to follow this up with INIS and UKBA, don't eave anything to chance.

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Post by CalvinKlien » Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:28 pm

Hi All,

Further to my original post in June, I have received a new letter yesterday from the Further processing LSR team stating " The UK border agency has provided this office the following information regarding your Adverse UK immigration History, Visa Refused in xx 2004, xx2007, xx2008, xx 2009 in Islamabad, Entry without clearance xx2010, & removed on xx2010 to INDIA".

I am extremely surprised & shocked on the allegations from the DOJ. First of all i never applied for a UK visa in the British High Commission (Islamabad) Pakistan. i am living in Ireland and got couple of visit visas from the British Embassy Dublin in this period, of which I have already supplied the photo copies to DOJ.

Next, I never been to India in my life, and never removed to India or to any country. I am really shocked with the removal to India...as a pakistani national could never be removed to India.....

Also, i was holding UK visas in the dates mentioned in the letter from the DOJ than why would i apply for a second visa from Islamabad or India.

I don't understand really know how to explain them again. I believe they don't even look on the documents we supplied.

Any advise please....

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:44 pm

Clearly there is something fishy going on. Pakistani nationals would not be deported to India.

Write to both INIS and UKBA.

courny

Post by courny » Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:58 pm

write to both INIS and UKBA and get in touch with a solicitor aswell if you have not already done so.

have all the details written up: complete travel and visa history to UK and any other country.
seem there either been some sort of a mix up or something very strange happening.

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Post by CalvinKlien » Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:15 pm

Hi Thanks both for the reply....

I have given proofs (Copies of UK visas + current UK visa which is valid until Jan 2014) to DOJ in June. Sent the same proofs again with explanation.

I applied for my naturalization through a solicitor, so he is dealing with this issue... Also going to apply soon to the UKBA for freedom of information...

What my personal opinion is that the DOJ guys didn't even looked on the explanation i have submitted the last time...and i am worried now that they might refuse my application with the mis-confusion that i have a bad UK history...

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:03 pm

There is not much anyone here can do in terms of advice. I think you know what to do now. Please post back once all this is sorted out.

courny

Post by courny » Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:54 pm

please do let us know how it works out in the end. and what the problem was.

dublinguy01
Newly Registered

Post by dublinguy01 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:19 am

CalvinKlien wrote:Hi All,

Further to my original post in June, I have received a new letter yesterday from the Further processing LSR team stating " The UK border agency has provided this office the following information regarding your Adverse UK immigration History, Visa Refused in xx 2004, xx2007, xx2008, xx 2009 in Islamabad, Entry without clearance xx2010, & removed on xx2010 to INDIA".

I am extremely surprised & shocked on the allegations from the DOJ. First of all i never applied for a UK visa in the British High Commission (Islamabad) Pakistan. i am living in Ireland and got couple of visit visas from the British Embassy Dublin in this period, of which I have already supplied the photo copies to DOJ.

Next, I never been to India in my life, and never removed to India or to any country. I am really shocked with the removal to India...as a pakistani national could never be removed to India.....

Also, i was holding UK visas in the dates mentioned in the letter from the DOJ than why would i apply for a second visa from Islamabad or India.

I don't understand really know how to explain them again. I believe they don't even look on the documents we supplied.

Any advise please....
I think DOJ is doing it just to buy some time, and try to keep all the applicants calm that the applications are worked on. the reality is different, even if UK border agency reported such incident it has to be backed up with the proofs of passport number, photo Id, etc...

In my case, i sent the print outs of my all uk visit visa's but i believe no body looked at those and issued me the date of rejection. i had never been in that country where they are claiming its been rejected?

In any case, i don't understand why UK visit visa rejection is this much important that it can impact the citizenship decision, we already obtained the police clearences, living in the country over 5 years legally as the law abiding citizen, so does it make us bad people if UK declined some visa, which could be even due to some incomplete documentation....

Any how DOJ needs to enhance the processes to deal such kind of querries...