ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

question about leave to remain application

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

inq_1
Newly Registered

question about leave to remain application

Post by inq_1 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:34 pm

Hello,

This is an odd situation.

My brother and I arrived in the UK 11 years ago. I was 8 when I arrived in the UK. I have just recently obtained my leave to remain, but it has an expiry date 3 years into the future and I have to renew it for another 3 years after which I will get my ILR.
My brother and his wife are having a bust off and she plans to inform the government that I stated I was not in touch with my family back in my home country or any family member (including my brother), in my application. I haven't been back there in 11 years (haven't seen them. but do speak to them occasionally via phone).
All, I want to know is, how much of an impact will that have on me?

Please, I will appreciate it if I am not judged in anyway. Please. Thank you.

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:47 am

I'm going to preface this with a statement that I'm not judging you - I just want to get the facts clear:

You've lied on an article 8 (?) application to the home office and stated that you didn't have contact with any family members. Actually - you do. Now you have someone threatening to report you for that.

Have I got that bit right?

If that's right - then there's 3 possibilities:

1) They'll ignore it and do nothing as it might be inconsequential to the result of your application. You are 19 and have lived more than half your life here - which should qualify you under 276ADE (unless I'm missing something) regardless of family contact.

2) They might decide you used deception in an application and curtail your leave. If they decide to do this - but don't issue a removal order then you're in limbo because you probably won't have an appeal right until they do. If they do - you can appeal.

3) They decide to do nothing now - but refuse your extension. But then you'd have an appeal right.

M.

inq_1
Newly Registered

Post by inq_1 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:42 am

Thank you so much for your message. I did not think it was a lie per se. I haven't seen them for years, so was OK with it. But yes, you are right.

Which outcome do you think is highly likely and should I be worried in any way about this?

Thank you for being professional about this.