ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET M query

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Daryl.mendosa
Newly Registered

SET M query

Post by Daryl.mendosa » Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:41 pm

Hello Immigration Gurus,

I want to apply for SET (M) and one thing is constantly bugging me to avoid SET (M) which is an exact 30 days leave abroad to see my parents without my wife. She stayed in the UK at our rented accommodation and took care of the bills and her university commitment. I have read the rules on the UKBA website, the statement "The Immigration Rules do not say that you must have been in the UK for the entire 2 years of your visa or permission to remain. Your application to settle here will be judged on its merits, taking into account your reasons for travel, the length of your absences, and whether you and your partner travelled and lived together while you were outside the UK. If you have spent a limited time abroad in connection with your job, for example, this should not count against you."

It is quite ambiguous because at the same time they are saying if you don't complete full 2 years then you need to apply for FLR (M) extension. I will appreciate if you can provide me some clarification in this regard.

2) Also I passed my Life in the UK test but my surname and first name got transposed, everything is perfect its just the names. Although the supervisor at the test centre added a note to the online database and she also asked me to sign the register with correct initial and name, Should I give the test again or this will be ok and the last question is

3) What shall I answer in the SET M form question 9.11, How long you have stayed in the UK. I arrived in the UK in 2007 on student visa and left in 2009 for 9 months then came back again in 2010 and stayed here since then.

Your reply will be really appreciated.

Regards
Daryl :)

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:43 pm

There doesn't appear to be anything to worry about here. Use the settlement checking service.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Daryl.mendosa
Newly Registered

SET M query

Post by Daryl.mendosa » Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:46 pm

Thank for the prompt reply, really appreciated.

What shall I answer in the SET M form question 9.11, How long you have stayed in the UK. I arrived in the UK in 2007 on student visa and left in 2009 for 9 months then came back again in 2010 and stayed here since then. Shall I answer from 2007 or 2012 when I was granted the FLR M visa.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: SET M query

Post by Amber » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:25 pm

Daryl.mendosa wrote:Thank for the prompt reply, really appreciated.

What shall I answer in the SET M form question 9.11, How long you have stayed in the UK. I arrived in the UK in 2007 on student visa and left in 2009 for 9 months then came back again in 2010 and stayed here since then. Shall I answer from 2007 or 2012 when I was granted the FLR M visa.
2010 would be fine, they will know your immigration history so it shouldn't be an issue. The important factor is the 2 year probationary period.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Daryl.mendosa
Newly Registered

SET M query

Post by Daryl.mendosa » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:27 pm

Thank you very much for your reply, really appreciated.

Regards
Daryl

batall
Newly Registered

SET M or FLR

Post by batall » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:52 am

Pls I need help for clarification. I'm under ILR from 10 yrs residency.

My wife came in UK in dec 2010 under PSW dependent, then 2012 Tier1 general dependent, finally May 2013 switched to dependent of a settle person from FLRM. My question is if she's now qualified to apply for SET M under pragraph 287 of the immigration rules.

I book appointmt for her in two weeks times at sheffield. Pls your help would be much appreciiated. I've already paid PEO fees

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:56 am

Yes by virtue of immigration rule, 287(a)(i)(d) assuming there was no break between being a PBS dep and flr(m).

batall
Newly Registered

Post by batall » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:30 pm

what u mean by break? if I remember there was 2 months between PBS and FLRM.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:51 pm

I meant didn't overstay.

batall
Newly Registered

Post by batall » Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:03 am

Thank u Amber for ur reply.
Yesterday evening I spoke through phone to a lady from UKBA. She told me that there's not way that I can aggregate the 2 years residential rqurmts between PBS and FLRM.
I even gave her the paragraph 287(a) (d). She went through but totally disagreed with me.
I am jst worry if some caseworkers are also ignorant as she is.

Pls I wld welcome any suggestions and advices from those who went through my case.
Thank you

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:16 am

Please don't ring the call centre, they have no idea.

batall
Newly Registered

Post by batall » Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:57 am

Thank u again Amber. Pls is PSW considered by Ukba as point base system? Bcos people saint psw doesn't lead to a settlement.
Appreciate ur reply.

batall
Newly Registered

Post by batall » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:11 am

Amber I mean they said psw doesm t count in settlmnt time rqrmnt but it did count when I applied for long resident settlmnt.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:16 am

batall wrote:Thank u again Amber. Pls is PSW considered by Ukba as point base system?
PSW is considered as under point based system.
batall wrote:Bcos people saint psw doesn't lead to a settlement.
True. However, it's not relevant to 287(a)(i)(d).
Last edited by vinny on Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:17 am

At the moment it still counts for settlement, however, this is expected to change soon so apply ASAP.

batall
Newly Registered

SET M application

Post by batall » Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:58 am

Amber and Guru.
Pls are there any recent changes to paragraph (a) (d) regarding SET M application. My apptmnt is on October the 2nd . Most of the changes will take effect on oct the 1st.
Thk u for your continuous support.

batall
Newly Registered

Post by batall » Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:07 pm

Amber and Guru

I mean paragraph 287 (a) (d)

Thks

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:11 pm

That's fine, it's not been changed yet.

batall
Newly Registered

SET M application

Post by batall » Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:08 pm

Please my PEO aptmt is on oct 2nd 2013. I wonder if any changes regarding paragraph 287(a)(d). Thk u for ur continuous help

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:26 pm

No, rule 287(a)(i)(d) is yet to change.

batall
Newly Registered

Thanks

Post by batall » Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:39 am

Everything went well at Sheffield PEO yrstdy and this bcos of advises receive from this forum. well organised dcmts and two lines of covering letter for 287(a)(i)(d) rules the case worker was impressed and told me it took her less than 30mn to make a positive decision
My thanks for all forum member particulary for AMBER.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:19 pm

Daryl.mendosa wrote:Hello guys!

I will appreciate if anyone can kindly help me out with the COHAB documents. I am wondering, of the three different sources of documents. My query is Can two different Bank Statements from two different banks accounts as same or different source. I will apply for SET (M) soon and this whole COHAB evidence is doing my heading Sad I will really appreciate if you can help me with this one.

Thanks in advance

Regards
Daryl

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:20 pm

Two different banks would be two different sources.

Daryl.mendosa
Newly Registered

Post by Daryl.mendosa » Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:27 pm

D4109125 wrote:Two different banks would be two different sources.
Thank you very much Amber, I really appreciate your prompt reply, in this regards.

Also, I wanted to ask one more question, I was on PSW visa when we got married in the UK and now I have completed 2 years of our marriage, I am intending to apply in Feb but before 28 feb thats when the visa expire. Is this the right date or can I apply before this date. Also, how much in advance we can book a PEO appointment via UKBA website.

Regards
Daryl

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:36 pm

You can apply from 28 days before you've completed 2 years in the UK with spouse leave, if you were a PBS dep before being granted leave as a partner, this may also be counted.