ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalization for my son

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lutforestry

Naturalization for my son

Post by lutforestry » Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:36 am

Dear Forum members,

I would like to request your advices on the the issue regarding naturalization of my son who born in this country. I have received ILR last June 2013. However my wife FLR(M) application not decided yet (applied same time as my application) with who my son is added as dependent. As my son is added to my wife application as dependent, I had to submit his birth certificate and his passport with my wife FLR(M) application. Can I apply for his naturalization in this situation? If yes, how (I know for naturalization birth certificate is needed)?

Kind regards
Lutfor

VR

Your application is independant

Post by VR » Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:11 am

After ILR each can apply independantly. Go ahead and apply quickly before the new KOLL requirement kicks in october-13 and if you have satisfied all the requirements.

Just read the faq sticky in this section and post any specific doubts with your application and members will be able to guide you.
cheers
vr

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:12 am

Was the child born in the UK or abroad?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

lutforestry

Post by lutforestry » Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:34 am

D4109125 wrote:Was the child born in the UK or abroad?
Yes, he is born in this country in 2009.

The issue is I don't have his birth certificate with me now as birth certificate had to sent to home office with my wife FLR(M) application which is still pending.

Is there any option to get birth certificate and apply for his naturalization at this moment.

Advice will be highly appreciated

Regards
Lutfor

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:51 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:14 am

As he was born in the UK he entitled to register as British by virtue of section 1(3) BNA, just get a copy of the Birth Certificate as per Vinny's link. You did not need flr(m) for your child that was unfortunately a waste of money. However, least you now know you don't have to bother with Set(m) for your child, just complete form MN1.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:06 am

lutforestry wrote:Dear Forum member,

I just noticed that Home office added one page on September 2013 edition application form.

But I have completed application form previous edition and already signed from referees of my son application form.

Only difference I can see that they added on page (page no. 14) on new edition.

Should I change the from and get signed again by referees before go to NCS appointment.

Your kind suggestions will be appreciated.

Regards
Lutfor

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:06 am

You could complete the new form and put the old referee form in the new form. Or just ring the NCS you are using and ask them whether they accept the old form.