ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Status change or not?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rakushka
Newly Registered

Status change or not?

Post by rakushka » Wed May 23, 2007 12:04 pm

Hello!

I'm currently on HSMP and getting married to a british citizen in October. Do I have to change my immigration status or I can stay on what I am now?

Many thanks!

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Wed May 23, 2007 1:31 pm

You can change but it may be better to stay on your current HSMP status.

Can you give some more detail? How long have you been in the UK? And what has been your UK immigration status since then? Always on HSMP, or possibly a different category previously? Gives dates of any change of status.

With that detail it will be possible to comment upon what you should do after the marriage.
John

rakushka
Newly Registered

Post by rakushka » Wed May 23, 2007 1:54 pm

Thank you, John for your comment.

I arrived to the UK as a student in 2001 and was a student until 2005 when I switched to HSMP. In 2006 got my 3 year extension (1+3), which is due to expire in 2009 (and depending on the JR this June I'll either need to extend in 2009 for 1 more year or apply for ILR). I know that I can change to the spouse visa after marriage, but do I have to do it directly after the wedding or whenever I want to/need to?

Thank you.

rakushka
Newly Registered

Post by rakushka » Thu May 24, 2007 8:11 pm

anybody? any response please