ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:36 pm

[quote="Indie007"][quote="Believe2013"][quote="Indie007"]@ Shondra sorry about the negative decision.On my other thread i wrote about pursuing a judicial reveiw after my case was declined with no appeal.However i had to stop the whole process because somewhere along the line my partner mett someone else and now says he is not willing to gothrough with the process.He is self employed and has been evading tax so he says he cant provide me with any documents yet initially he had told me he was sorting his tax affairs.He also tells me to leaave when he is angry but i cant leave as i have no recourse to public funds and i was told the level of emotional abuse was very low level and i cant prove it .I have a 3 month old BC son and i need to put in an Flro application on the basis of my son,but i am now worried about my credibility because i only got the refusal for flrm in the beginning of this year and because i have nowhere to go i am forced to stay in the same house as my partner even though he is constantly asking me to leave.He works out of town and comes every thursday and does not help with the child when he is around.How can i make my flro application stronger?what evidence can i submit?I was considering voluntary return home as i am so stressed and have no support over here .I actuallt feel suicidal ,i have been here as a failed asylum seeker for over 10 years and i dont even have anywhere to go if i return home ,this is why i feel suicidal and depressed.I would appreciate any input as i feel so helpless and desperate.Thank you all and have a blessed day[/quote]

I am terribly sorry to read of your misfortune. I plead with you to remain calm - as far fetched as this may sound but only then can you start putting concrete plans in place There are lawyers out there that can help on a pro bono basis if money is an issue.

It's not easy being in an abusive relationship where an infant is involved. Well abuse is abuse whether low level or what ever level it's still abuse and usually has a psychological and profound bearing on an individual for many years to come. So don't rule it out as evidence. Be strong for your baby for it depends entirely on you emotionally physically etc I don't need to tell you this as you know it already.

On what grounds was your asylum case refused if you don't mind me asking ? Further more you had a refusal of the FLR(M) and you mentioned lack of supporting financial evidence as a reason? I am very hopeful you can solve the problem by submitting an FLR(O) application. Have you spoken to any Lawyers yet? Perhaps that's the first step I would encourage you to do.

Just one more quick question, if I may, in your appeals process you abandoned were your counsel going to invoke article 8?[/quote]

There was a nationality dispute on my asylum case as the HO was arguing that i was not from my country of origion despite submitting all my birth certifiicates ,speaking my home language and passing their nationality test.They insisted that i was entitled to the bad quality passport i used to travel to the uk there was an error of law in my case but i did not follow it up as i had a bad experience when i was i detention.I was strip searched infornt of male officers and was restrained forcibly yet i was not bein disruptive.This was because i had slashed my wrists with a blade i found in the holding centre and one of the officers cut his hand trying to force my hand open to take the blade and he thought i had given him aids as i was african.It was a crazy incident ,it left me traumatised and i basically just gave up on my case as i didnt want the same thing to happen to me again.I got an apology from the home office though.

i only came in contact with the HO recently when i made my flrm which was declined. My JR was going to be on the basis of my partner and child (article 8) even though i had been told it was borderline, i was willing to try.Now that my partner has left me i have to go the FLRO route .I have a solicitor he is going to help me with the application but i am trying to do my own research as i want to increase my chances.[/quote]

@Indie007. You're circumstance is very heartbreaking but have no fear. Things will work out. I've just remembered that before I joined this thread, I was doing some research on how I can be assisted by the authorities as I was close to being destitute ( which I still am. My family and I are surviving by the skin of our teeth). I came across a site called NRPF( No Recourse to Public Funds) It helps people in our situation. There are a variety of organisations which fall under NRPF. Have a browse on the net and see if they or their sister organisation can help. I haven't approached them yet as my situation improved slightly but I believe in the next couple of months I will do so as my situation is deteriorating quickly! I hope that helps. Have a look at the link below.
http://www.nrpfnetwork.org.uk/guidance/ ... fault.aspx

GodGives
Member of Standing

Post by GodGives » Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:54 pm

Indie007 wrote:@ Shondra sorry about the negative decision.On my other thread i wrote about pursuing a judicial reveiw after my case was declined with no appeal.However i had to stop the whole process because somewhere along the line my partner mett someone else and now says he is not willing to gothrough with the process.He is self employed and has been evading tax so he says he cant provide me with any documents yet initially he had told me he was sorting his tax affairs.He also tells me to leaave when he is angry but i cant leave as i have no recourse to public funds and i was told the level of emotional abuse was very low level and i cant prove it .I have a 3 month old BC son and i need to put in an Flro application on the basis of my son,but i am now worried about my credibility because i only got the refusal for flrm in the beginning of this year and because i have nowhere to go i am forced to stay in the same house as my partner even though he is constantly asking me to leave.He works out of town and comes every thursday and does not help with the child when he is around.How can i make my flro application stronger?what evidence can i submit?I was considering voluntary return home as i am so stressed and have no support over here .I actuallt feel suicidal ,i have been here as a failed asylum seeker for over 10 years and i dont even have anywhere to go if i return home ,this is why i feel suicidal and depressed.I would appreciate any input as i feel so helpless and desperate.Thank you all and have a blessed day
Hi indie am really sorry about Ur situation with your partner and Ur status. Do check charities which can help you and your son. Because he is so young you should be able get priority. All the best and stay strong.

Those who got refusals please stay strong and fight back.
I pray good news start flowing in Jesus name from this week amen
Godgives

Daniel97

Post by Daniel97 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:43 pm

Indie007 wrote:@ Shondra sorry about the negative decision.On my other thread i wrote about pursuing a judicial reveiw after my case was declined with no appeal.However i had to stop the whole process because somewhere along the line my partner mett someone else and now says he is not willing to gothrough with the process.He is self employed and has been evading tax so he says he cant provide me with any documents yet initially he had told me he was sorting his tax affairs.He also tells me to leaave when he is angry but i cant leave as i have no recourse to public funds and i was told the level of emotional abuse was very low level and i cant prove it .I have a 3 month old BC son and i need to put in an Flro application on the basis of my son,but i am now worried about my credibility because i only got the refusal for flrm in the beginning of this year and because i have nowhere to go i am forced to stay in the same house as my partner even though he is constantly asking me to leave.He works out of town and comes every thursday and does not help with the child when he is around.How can i make my flro application stronger?what evidence can i submit?I was considering voluntary return home as i am so stressed and have no support over here .I actuallt feel suicidal ,i have been here as a failed asylum seeker for over 10 years and i dont even have anywhere to go if i return home ,this is why i feel suicidal and depressed.I would appreciate any input as i feel so helpless and desperate.Thank you all
and have a blessed day
Is father to your baby a British citizen?

iHope

Post by iHope » Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:55 pm

Believe2013 wrote:Afternoon @Shondra @summer2013

I suggest you speak to your solicitors and see what options they advise you. I know it's cheeky and unfair of the HO to give you both less than a week to make arrangements with the enforcement team malarkey, all those that have been refused with no right of appeal receive the exact thing. I wouldn't panic at all. carefully weigh your options and hear what the solicitors say and take it from there.

I have emailed the BBC panorama people and I will do so daily until I get a favourable response. Anyone watch the Shawshank Redemption. Andy Dufreune sent a letter a week for 6 years to secure funding for the prison library. Now there is a nice film about HOPE
Shawshank Redemption is my most favourite film. hehehe
Being stuck in uncertain situation with hope and fear, that is what make "shawshank redemption" virtually,story of every one of us.

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:23 pm

hello@summer2013 where are you today?

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:30 pm

@believe2013 I didn't meet my solicitor yet, I am going to meet him tomorrow, I don't know how he response about my refusal, If he say wait for removal notice, then you have to right of appeal? what should I need to do? follow his advice or go for another solicitor and PAP and after that JR. One of my friend solicitor giving suggestion like this. I don't think so its a good idea, being waiting for removal notice, its a risk and some one told me after removal notice they give a right of appeal out of country is it true?

GodGives
Member of Standing

Post by GodGives » Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:52 pm

dapsonlee wrote:
verbina wrote:Hello guys! @ ShondraSharma @summer2013 you guys are in my prayers! Hit them with that PAP letter where it hurts the most! (JR threat)

So I went to that reporting thing today courtesy of Portsmouth Removals folk, turned out to be nothing bad, they just blatantly changed my reporting venue for no reason whatsoever without explaining it to me...
Idiots! I mean they could ve sent at least a cover letter explaining bla bla we are changing your reporting venue., instead of a letter requesting me to attend today at specific time and nothing else.

And its like in the middle of nowhere and I was being real late and nearly got myself killed on my li'l bike !! :roll: But yeah, im not detained
Welcome back Verbina, thank goodness for the lack of the brainless officers for causing discomfort without enquiry if it would be comfortable making it out there. Hopefully they are up to no tricks with their slyness.

I know this is perhaps a wrong time to post this here but shondrashorma and summer2013 prayers are with you and I know God never fails, he might delay but he is never late. This is my syrup every morning and I hope it gives someone some sort of encouragement. to some it might be a song but I find comfort in lyrics (I was booed at some stage in my early stage of being a dj for playing this).

To SDP, call me dude, believe2013, indie007, shareen2h, GodGives, and to others waiting or appealing this is for you

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NSN7u5nwnIY

Thanks for this hun. Very engouraging. God will always help those who believe and trust in Him.

(God doesn't make mistakes).....
Godgives

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:10 pm

Shondra Sharma wrote:@believe2013 I didn't meet my solicitor yet, I am going to meet him tomorrow, I don't know how he response about my refusal, If he say wait for removal notice, then you have to right of appeal? what should I need to do? follow his advice or go for another solicitor and PAP and after that JR. One of my friend solicitor giving suggestion like this. I don't think so its a good idea, being waiting for removal notice, its a risk and some one told me after removal notice they give a right of appeal out of country is it true?
HI Shondra a removal notice attracts a right of appeal most times an in country and some cases out of country. The latter would be a travesty in your case.

Here is where it gets tricky in my opinion. In my case I have no kids or British partner but I have seen nearly 4 prime ministers serve their full tenures apart from one, Dave of the Big society who is dangerously hanging from a thread. I was probably better off waiting for my removal notice as my case could have moved up in the courts quite quickly (there is a massive backlog building up by the way) and I could have saved my self £3000 in fees ( PAP-£500, £2500 -JR) I am very hopefully they will settle before we lock horns in court so JR wouldn't seem such a bad idea after all. I intend to claim my £3000 when I win the case.

In your case you have Kids - not only can you argue successfully as a mother of a British citizen (as of next month though) and the other platforms are the 7 year concession (both kids) and private life route. JR proceedings will be the sensible thing to do at this moment but if finances are tight then test the waters with a PAP initially you might be lucky and receive a response, and if not just wait for the removal notice. Don't forget to claim your fees for the PAP if they fail to respond within 14 days unless they can satisfy to the courts otherwise after your appeal is won.

Sorry not much help but either way you choose seems perfectly sensible. Hear out your counsel tomorrow and perhaps you can decide when you have the full facts as I am merely scheming the surface here.

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:52 pm

goodevenin everyone, i have been silently followin the forum cos recent refusal of summer and shondra has made me too perplexed to post anything..i pray the lord will guide you all through this ordeal..
@indie007 i would suggest you seek help ...you might be having post natal depression.....google search for charities in yr area dat help pple with depression , or book an appointment wit yr gp explain how you feel, you will get a referal to pple who can help....i will be praying for you dear.
@verbina good to have you back babes xxx
@believe thank you for yr contributions on this forum...

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:56 pm

@dapsonlee how are you doin ?

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:24 pm

yummymummy3j wrote:goodevenin everyone, i have been silently followin the forum cos recent refusal of summer and shondra has made me too perplexed to post anything..i pray the lord will guide you all through this ordeal..
@indie007 i would suggest you seek help ...you might be having post natal depression.....google search for charities in yr area dat help pple with depression , or book an appointment wit yr gp explain how you feel, you will get a referal to pple who can help....i will be praying for you dear.

@yummymummy is back with the words of wisdom re. @indie007 postnatal depression is awfully common thing, best thing to do is to speak to your GP / health visitor maybe? Then they can refer you somewhere if anything... x
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:28 pm

yummymummy3j wrote:goodevenin everyone, i have been silently followin the forum cos recent refusal of summer and shondra has made me too perplexed to post anything..i pray the lord will guide you all through this ordeal..
Yummymummy3j no we should thank you for keeping us together and all your prayers.

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:48 pm

yummymummy3j wrote:@dapsonlee how are you doin ?
I am good still holding it together. Thank you so much for asking. Still waiting on response from MP. I presume official duties start this week. Hopefully a response this week by God's grace!

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:56 pm

@dapsonlee, Amen ...fingers crossed you shld hear from the ho soon....chin up dear

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:20 pm

thanks once again @believe2013 for your wonderful help, never forget in my life, you clearly explain better than any good solicitor believe me @believe2013, hats of to you, god bless, wishing you all the best in JR result in the court, god will looking for you, definitely you will win the case. God bless

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:40 pm

Oh don't mention, we share experiences - the solicitor firm that handled my application initially did it so badly and spurred me on to doing some research. Lets not forget that commercial law is a very lucrative business. All the best dear friend. you will pull through.

Sanny27
Newly Registered

Post by Sanny27 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:00 am

Hey guys its sanny 26 been trying to sign in my account for weeks now and couldn't so I had to set up a new account,I have been following the thread silently. Been on holiday in jamaica for a month now coming back soon. Just wana say a massive congrats to all those who were granted their visa especially yummymummy3. I would like to know what happen to onlyme what decision did he received? To all those who were refuse just keep on holding the faith and pray nothing beats prayer no problem is too big for GOD because he makes the impossible possible.. I'm really praying for good news in the coming days. One love and keep the faith. Peace xx

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:11 am

@sanny26/7 yipeeeeeeee welcome back to d forum..hope u are having a fab time and how are the kids doin????bring back some goodies from jamaica.xxxx

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:20 am

Sanny27, moving up in the world, I see you went up one notch from 26 lol Very pleasant to hear from you. I hope you are having a fantastic time on your holiday. keep well

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:21 am

Sanny27 wrote:Hey guys its sanny 26 been trying to sign in my account for weeks now and couldn't so I had to set up a new account,I have been following the thread silently. Been on holiday in jamaica for a month now coming back soon. Just wana say a massive congrats to all those who were granted their visa especially yummymummy3. I would like to know what happen to onlyme what decision did he received? To all those who were refuse just keep on holding the faith and pray nothing beats prayer no problem is too big for GOD because he makes the impossible possible.. I'm really praying for good news in the coming days. One love and keep the faith. Peace xx
Welcome back @sanny!!! Hope you having amazing time on your hols!!

We dont know exactly what happened to @Onlyme, some reckon he s been granted then went AWOL... Perhaps gremlins ve been at work with him as well as yourself and @nilesmarques and he couldnt log in....

Letsee
BANNED

Post by Letsee » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:11 am

Shondra sharma, summer and Indie007 all of you and other who have been refused be courageous and strong.

You have all been here for a long time. The fact that all of you have survived for such a long time some without jobs or any support it means you have deep within you resources to see this challenge though.

I feel all of you have already cover big part the the journey to your freedom.
What is left is the last mile. Appeal or judiciary review will take your home. All your cases are very strong and any judge who is fair will grant you. For human right alone dictate that.

Indie007
Contact these organization below, they will help you with accommodation. They are funded by normal citizens and some of them open their own home to accommodate people in difficult, it doesn't matter whether you have got status or not. They are in every city.
http://boaztrust.org.uk/get-involved/naccom/.
http://homelessuk.org/details.asp?

Below is interesting determination regarding private and family life. it should give hope to those who have been refused. You indie007 you can argue that you have strong ties with this country and no ties with your former country as you have nothing to back to. Read d

The severity of the interference with his private and family life as a consequence of his deportation is such that Article 8 is engaged.

It is well established that for an interference with a right protected under Article 8(1) to be necessary in a democratic society, it must be proportionate to the legitimate aim pursued. The legitimate aim in the present case is prevention of crime and disorder.

We take note of the fact that the use of the phrase “no ties (including social, cultural or family) with the country to which he would have to go if required to leave the UK” is not exclusive to paragraph 399A of the Rules; it is also used in paragraph 276 ADE, in the context of the requirements to met by an applicant for leave to remain based on private life in the United Kingdom when such person has lived in the United Kingdom for less than 20 years.

The natural and ordinary meaning of the word ‘ties’ imports, we think, a concept involving something more than merely remote and abstract links to the country of proposed deportation or removal. It involves there being a continued connection to life in that country; something that ties a claimant to his or her country of origin. If this were not the case then it would appear that a person’s nationality of the country of proposed deportation could of itself lead to a failure to meet the requirements of the rule. This would render the application of the rule, given the context within which it operates, entirely meaningless.

We recognize that the text under the rules is an exacting one. Consideration of whether a person has ‘no ties’ to such country must involve a rounded assessment of all the relevant circumstances and is not to be limited to ‘social, cultural and family’ circumstances. Nevertheless, we are satisfied that the appellant has no ties with Nigeria. He is a stranger to the country, the people, and the way of life. His father may have ties but they are not ties of the appellant or any ties that could result in support to the appellant in the event of his return there. Unsurprisingly, given the length of the appellant’s residence here, all of his ties are with the United Kingdom. Consequently the appellant has so little connection with Nigeria so as to mean that the consequences for him in establishing private life there at the age of 28, after 22 years residence in the United Kingdom, would be ‘unjustifiably harsh’.

Whilst each case turns on its own facts, circumstances relevant to the assessment of whether a person has ties to the country to which they would have to go if they were required to leave the United Kingdom must include, but are not limited to: the length of time a person has spent in the country to which he would have to go if he were required to leave the United Kingdom, the age that the person left that country, the exposure that person has had to the cultural norms of that country, whether that person speaks the language of the country, the extent of the family and friends that person has in the country to which he is being deported or removed and the quality of the relationships that person has with those friends and family members.
http://www.bailii.org/uk/cases/UKUT/IAC ... geria.html

Anyway it seems most of us will have to go through appeal process in order to see the light. Plus we have this wonderful forums with extremely knowledgeable people. So take courage from that.

Here is a wonderful poem which might b able to lift you spirit. Goodluck http://www.cdra.org.za/site/creativity/ ... Africa.htm

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:14 am

[quote="verbina"][quote="Sanny27"]Hey guys its sanny 26 been trying to sign in my account for weeks now and couldn't so I had to set up a new account,I have been following the thread silently. Been on holiday in jamaica for a month now coming back soon. Just wana say a massive congrats to all those who were granted their visa especially yummymummy3. I would like to know what happen to onlyme what decision did he received? To all those who were refuse just keep on holding the faith and pray nothing beats prayer no problem is too big for GOD because he makes the impossible possible.. I'm really praying for good news in the coming days. One love and keep the faith. Peace xx[/quote]

We dont know exactly what happened to @Onlyme, some reckon he s been granted then went AWOL... Perhaps gremlins ve been at work with him as well as yourself and @nilesmarques and he couldnt log in....[/quote]

@Verbina,Hi and welcome back Sanny27! I'm back but I consistently have this problem where it says I have been banned from this forum and I have to wait a couple of days before I can log in. I sent a post the other day directed to Indie007 about the NRPF Network. Otherwise still hanging around waiting for a decision! My Legal rep sent a strongly worded letter to HO to remind them of the law and recent case law. So just waiting.

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:08 pm

Hmmmm!!! Interesting website!!

http://www.immigrantx.org/

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:10 pm

nilemarques wrote:
verbina wrote:
Sanny27 wrote:Hey guys its sanny 26 been trying to sign in my account for weeks now and couldn't so I had to set up a new account,I have been following the thread silently. Been on holiday in jamaica for a month now coming back soon. Just wana say a massive congrats to all those who were granted their visa especially yummymummy3. I would like to know what happen to onlyme what decision did he received? To all those who were refuse just keep on holding the faith and pray nothing beats prayer no problem is too big for GOD because he makes the impossible possible.. I'm really praying for good news in the coming days. One love and keep the faith. Peace xx

We dont know exactly what happened to @Onlyme, some reckon he s been granted then went AWOL... Perhaps gremlins ve been at work with him as well as yourself and @nilesmarques and he couldnt log in....
@Verbina,Hi and welcome back Sanny27! I'm back but I consistently have this problem where it says I have been banned from this forum and I have to wait a couple of days before I can log in. I sent a post the other day directed to Indie007 about the NRPF Network. Otherwise still hanging around waiting for a decision! My Legal rep sent a strongly worded letter to HO to remind them of the law and recent case law. So just waiting.
@nilelsmarques why dont you message the mods on here, they should be able to rectify the login prob?
You had to send additional docs to HO, if Im not mistaken, so hopefully you will get your decision soon hun!! Especially when the little ones are involved and you re in a difficult financial position due to HO delays its their duty under sec 55 of The Borders Act 2009 to have best interests of children in mind.

astro123

Post by astro123 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:12 pm

[quote="Believe2013"][quote="Shondra Sharma"]@juniadmirza thanks for your encouragment word never loosing the hope fighting until the end.[/quote]

Very true hope is what makes us wake up everyday in the morning.

Hope you feel slightly better today Shondra.

Thanks Junaid et al, this forum continues to flourish and grow in strength by the day. For those that have been granted but continue to support and encourage us, may the almighty bestow upon you and your families many blessings.

Day 2 with my email campaign to the bbc panorama and channel 4 dispatches highlighting our plight and hardships we are enduring whilst waiting for our applications to be processed. I intend to wear them out. If they block my IP address, simple, I will use a different one![/quote]

Well done Believe, that's the way to go. Its about time they know that its not acceptable to treat human beings the way they are treating us. Asking parents of children who do not know any place but Britain to leave and leave their children behind is travesty. Even British children parents are being asked to leave the country because the other parent can look after them. Which part of the world is it advisable to make a child intentionally live in a single parent household when they can live with both parents.