ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Visa Renewed Till May 2016 - How long can I leave?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Darren870
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Visa Renewed Till May 2016 - How long can I leave?

Post by Darren870 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:18 pm

Hi,

Quick question. I just got my Tier 1 visa renewed till May 2016. I plan on leaving the country in November for a few months and will likely be back around May 2014.

Is there any issues with this when I seek new employment? What about if I want to renew my visa again in May 2016? I know I will likely not be able to claim residency due to the time out of the country, but I wanted to ask as I will likely come back.

Thanks!
Darren

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:22 pm

Given that Tier 1 (General) is closed for new applications, I very much doubt that it will remain open indefinitely for extension applications. At some point they will have to close it as it is currently just administrative overhead. So even though it's not like that for current rules, bear in mind that it may not be open forever.

That said, you should have no problem coming back to the country at that time and generally it should be no more difficult finding a job then compared to anyone who entered with a Tier 1 (General) visa for the first time.
Do not send me PM's with specific questions - post question in the open forum so others can also benefit from the answers.

Darren870
Newly Registered

Post by Darren870 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:48 pm

mulderpf wrote:Given that Tier 1 (General) is closed for new applications, I very much doubt that it will remain open indefinitely for extension applications. At some point they will have to close it as it is currently just administrative overhead. So even though it's not like that for current rules, bear in mind that it may not be open forever.

That said, you should have no problem coming back to the country at that time and generally it should be no more difficult finding a job then compared to anyone who entered with a Tier 1 (General) visa for the first time.
Thanks!
I am aware I am taking a risk and potentially not being able to renew my visa if they close it for extensions. Hopefully that will not be the case!

Just wanted to make sure that if it is open that I could renew it again. Since really they only ask for 1 years earnings prior.

Thanks,
Darren