ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indefinite Leave

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Easy Tiger

Indefinite Leave

Post by Easy Tiger » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:41 pm

Hi , my wife came to the UK on a UK spouse visa on 25 December 2011 which expires on 14 march 2014. Can someone tell me when is the date she can apply for indefinatie leave to remain as I've read that u should apply 28 days before u visa expires or is it after u have completed 2 years stay in the UK and then apply 28 days before.

Also as far as documents required for the ILR application , me and my wife are living with my parents so most documents if not all are in my mum and dads names. My wife has some hospital documents from 2012 , confirmation of postal vote from our local council and I've only made a joint back account from July 2013. I have read section 10 of the set(m) form which says if dont have a enough documents as u live with relatives , they can write a letter about this. Would this be enough to satisfy their reuirements even If if my wife submitted the aplication public inquiry office.

Thanks

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:45 pm

If she entered the UK on Dec 25 she is eligible to apply for ILR from the end of November. She may apply 28 days before the 2nd anniversary of her arrival in the UK, but has until the expiry date of her current visa to make the application, so until March 14 2014.

Easy Tiger

Post by Easy Tiger » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:57 pm

Hi , thank you for quick reply much appreciated as always. But as far as the second question goes registering documents required , any advice on that , as we live with my parents we don't have many documents in single or joint names or from different sources spread over two years.

Thanks

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:18 pm

**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.