ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:48 pm

yummymummy3j wrote:@ kiss300. a very warm and special welcome to you......@verbina over to you...

haha ! over to me!!

Dear friends: @summer, @keisha, @socrates, @godgives, @pinknails(sorry if I forgot to mention someone who s been recently refused).

how are you guys getting on?

We have you all in our prayers guys!!

@ShondraSharma we have you in our prayers also of course!!!
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:53 pm

SDP wrote:
dapsonlee wrote:Afternoon guys and welcome back sanny27. Can I pls order like 3 bottles of Jamaicans finest "Appleton estate extra" best rum out there! ☺.

Anyways I got a post from my MP this morning worded thus,

i have now been able to speak with the UKBA on your behalf about your application and they have confirmed that your application has been received and under consideration. However I understand that prior to this application to regularise your status, you had been classified and overstayed on a previous visa which had expired and this history means your application is taking longer than normal to process. I am afraid I am not able to give a timescale for the completion of your application and unfortunately I am not able to expedite this process for you. However I hope this information is helpful and you do not have to wait longer for a decision.

So I guess the indefinite waiting continues. May the good lord help us all.

@Dapsonlee your MP was of not much use, we can get that answer from help desk at HO..Phew ! We really don't have a choice rather than just waiting... :cry: :cry: :cry:

Welcome back sanny hope you had a splendid holiday ! I wish I can fly now..
:cry:
Keep praying guys and strengthen support for each other.
Me too!( wish I could fly that is)
So last night I had this vivid dream that I was going to Ibiza for 5 days!! Haha mental!! I remember all the details of my dream like- I was last minute panic-shopping! Proper stressed me out in my dream that I had nothing to wear!! Psycho li'l me!!!

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:56 pm

Shondra Sharma wrote:Good afternoon forum, I just been to solicitor, he suggesting me reconsideration later, no need to go PAP right now, after reconsideration might be go PAP and JR he said. I got my supporting document but my daughters brith certificate and our marriage certificate is missing, I don't know how to get my daughters birth certificate, I need to apply her british citizenship in a month time, any suggesting guys.
Ok, nice to see a plan in action. has anyone had the experience of reconsideration letters? Do they have a respond by date and will this affect the time you have to file your JR in? How much do they normally cost?

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:04 pm

poketoholo wrote:@Dapsonlee..definitely! i'm thinking "CUVEE ROSE Laurent Perrier"! ..Thanks my bro..it shall be well with us....and for u..U shall find favour B4 God and B4 anyone handling your case!...and to all on this forum!
Nice choice lol. I see you are thinking of drinking big. Amen to your prayers I really appreciate it. I have a strong faith we gonna celebrate Xmas this year with peace in our hearts.

@yummymummy3j, nah this is my first application hence why I a threading carefully. Thank you for that advice. Will just sit back and wait!

@SDP I guess patience is the only way out so chin up bro, we gonna get through this and to those in the appeal process!

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:06 pm

poketoholo wrote:Good Afternoon dear friends.....Believe2013..SDP..Dapsonlee..Verbina..Yummymummyj3, and all,
Call HO this morning, the Lady put me on hold for about 5mins which later returned and informed me that application not complete, i just had to continue to wait, cos they are now carrying out checks.
May we all find favour B4 our case workers..and for those that have been refused, there shall be a turn of event by God's Grace!

Persistence overcomes Resistance!
@poketoholo
That sounds really good! if they are carrying out checks then it may be completed and like @yummymummy you will get your positive decision very soon!!!! Coz there s no point in carrying out any checks for application thats refused anyway methinks.... 8)

poketoholo

Post by poketoholo » Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:17 pm

Thanks Verbina..there shall be overturn of event in your favour!
pt

shareen24h

Post by shareen24h » Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:19 pm

[quote="Shondra Sharma"]Good afternoon forum, I just been to solicitor, he suggesting me reconsideration later, no need to go PAP right now, after reconsideration might be go PAP and JR he said. I got my supporting document but my daughters brith certificate and our marriage certificate is missing, I don't know how to get my daughters birth certificate, I need to apply her british citizenship in a month time, any suggesting guys.[/quote]

@ Sharma

What about your solicitors opinion regards enforcement team deadline. Did they send back your passport and other documents.

astro123

Post by astro123 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:28 pm

[quote="Shondra Sharma"]Good afternoon forum, I just been to solicitor, he suggesting me reconsideration later, no need to go PAP right now, after reconsideration might be go PAP and JR he said. I got my supporting document but my daughters brith certificate and our marriage certificate is missing, I don't know how to get my daughters birth certificate, I need to apply her british citizenship in a month time, any suggesting guys.[/quote]

For the birth certificate and marriage certificate you can call the registry office where you registered the child and they will give you a copy. I think a small fees applies

SDP

Post by SDP » Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:55 pm

verbina wrote:
SDP wrote:
dapsonlee wrote:Afternoon guys and welcome back sanny27. Can I pls order like 3 bottles of Jamaicans finest "Appleton estate extra" best rum out there! ☺.

i have now been able to speak with the UKBA on your behalf about your application and they have confirmed that your application has been received and under consideration. However I understand that prior to this application to regularise your status, you had been classified and overstayed on a previous visa which had expired and this history means your application is taking longer than normal to process. I am afraid I am not able to give a timescale for the completion of your application and unfortunately I am not able to expedite this process for you. However I hope this information is helpful and you do not have to wait longer for a decision.

@Dapsonlee your MP was of not much use, we can get that answer from help desk at HO..Phew ! We really don't have a choice rather than just waiting... :cry: :cry: :cry:

So last night I had this vivid dream that I was going to Ibiza for 5 days!! Haha mental!! I remember all the details of my dream like- I was last minute panic-shopping! Proper stressed me out in my dream that I had nothing to wear!! Psycho li'l me!!!
@Verbina! you go through the hassle at nights too not just during the day ! Lol. Never mind we will sail through these difficult times.

Time503
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Time503 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:02 pm

Sanny27 wrote:Hey guys its sanny 26 been trying to sign in my account for weeks now and couldn't so I had to set up a new account,I have been following the thread silently. Been on holiday in jamaica for a month now coming back soon. Just wana say a massive congrats to all those who were granted their visa especially yummymummy3. I would like to know what happen to onlyme what decision did he received? To all those who were refuse just keep on holding the faith and pray nothing beats prayer no problem is too Excuse me! I've just been notified that we've been celebrating your wrong date of birth.
Can you please clarify your actual date of birth, as in the actual date dat your mum gave birth to you and not the one on your passport!!!
I await your response.....mafuwa
Thank youbig for GOD because he makes the impossible possible.. I'm really praying for good news in the coming days. One love and keep the faith. Peace xx
Hey sanny it's good to have u back on the forum!!!' Hope u had a wonderful holiday? chao

carrotcake
Newly Registered

Post by carrotcake » Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:02 pm

Hello beautiful people, God bless you all. Amen.

Quick question - The HO sent my hubby a letter requesting for additional documents:
- His own passport
- Our sons British passport
- Our son's birth certificate
- Proof that he lives with our son e.g. GP letters etc.

Not sure why they requested for his own passport? Any ideas? I thought I read on this post that they usually send BRP card?

We sent this additional documents last week Thursday via our solicitor. We are really praying that everything goes well.

Application was made September 2012, Biometris done Feb 2013. Overstayer at the time of application. Fresh application
Last edited by carrotcake on Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:06 pm

SDP wrote:
verbina wrote:
SDP wrote:

@Verbina! you go through the hassle at nights too not just during the day ! Lol. Never mind we will sail through these difficult times.
No rest for the wicked hey! It sucks being me-major over active imagination problems!

God's Authority

Hello Everyone

Post by God's Authority » Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:27 pm

Hello Lovely people of this wonderful forum

I hope everyone is doing well? I just wanted to say thanks for everything, you have all been wonderful. Dont get too excited yet, I am yet to recieve my BRP, just being grateful in advance. I have thanked God in advance too so this is my BRP pre-acceptance speech to you all :)

I just wanted to share a little something with us all, its an excerpt from my daily devotional (word for today), wanted to share it a while a ago but somehow keep getting into one thing or the other.

''God of time,give me endurance to keep walking, faith to keep hoping and steadfastness to keep believing.
Strengthen my steps so that I can cross any terrain,strengthen my heart so that I can hurdle any dissapointment;strengthen my vision so that I can see the prize towards which you lead me''

For those who have gotten not so plesant news, may the lord strengthen your heart to hurdle whatever may seem like a dissapointment because no matter what the ultimate prize will be yours. To everyone of us still waiting, the ultimate prize will also be ours but before it comes, we have to keep the embers of our faith burning and our vision focused on our prize.

Feeling a little sick now, lol aint easy having morning sickness but I will survive. Please remember me in your prayers, that all goes well with my pregnancy,something to look forward to whilst I wait.lol

Love you all guys, *group hug*

verbina
Russia

Re: Hello Everyone

Post by verbina » Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:53 pm

God's Authority wrote:Hello Lovely people of this wonderful forum

I hope everyone is doing well? I just wanted to say thanks for everything, you have all been wonderful. Dont get too excited yet, I am yet to recieve my BRP, just being grateful in advance. I have thanked God in advance too so this is my BRP pre-acceptance speech to you all :)

I just wanted to share a little something with us all, its an excerpt from my daily devotional (word for today), wanted to share it a while a ago but somehow keep getting into one thing or the other.

''God of time,give me endurance to keep walking, faith to keep hoping and steadfastness to keep believing.
Strengthen my steps so that I can cross any terrain,strengthen my heart so that I can hurdle any dissapointment;strengthen my vision so that I can see the prize towards which you lead me''

For those who have gotten not so plesant news, may the lord strengthen your heart to hurdle whatever may seem like a dissapointment because no matter what the ultimate prize will be yours. To everyone of us still waiting, the ultimate prize will also be ours but before it comes, we have to keep the embers of our faith burning and our vision focused on our prize.

Feeling a little sick now, lol aint easy having morning sickness but I will survive. Please remember me in your prayers, that all goes well with my pregnancy,something to look forward to whilst I wait.lol

Love you all guys, *group hug*
@God'sAuthority
Hello darling!!! Sorry to hear the morning sickness s been getting the better of you! Hopefully it will be gone soon!!!
Thank you for sharing your daily devotional excerpt!! Very powerful and inspirational!! God bless you and your family!! *HUGS!!*

carrotcake
Newly Registered

Post by carrotcake » Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:57 pm

It's sad that newbies aren't recognised in this forum. Discussions tend to always be among some certain members. My opinion

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:01 pm

Random thought of the day.... Apparently Ministry of Justice is planning to announce concessions to legal aid in criminal law reforms...
Could it possibly mean that soon enough they will have to do it with immigration law /family etc ? Especially appeals, JR n stuff?

http://www.theguardian.com/law/2013/sep ... oncessions

Sanny27
Newly Registered

Post by Sanny27 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:03 pm

@yummymummy kids are doing great thanx for asking :) so happy u got granted even though I'm on holiday I check often to see ur good news, @ Believe lol yes hun I turn 27 last tuesday. @ Dapsonlee sure will lol.

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:11 pm

carrotcake wrote:Hello beautiful people, God bless you all. Amen.

Quick question - The HO sent my hubby a letter requesting for additional documents:
- His own passport

Not sure why they requested for his own passport? Any ideas? I thought I read on this post that they usually send BRP card?

We sent this additional documents last week Thursday via our solicitor. We are really praying that everything goes well.

Application was made September 2012, Biometris done Feb 2013. Overstayer at the time of application. Fresh application

@carrotcake

Hello darling, Im sorry your post got buried up there with my relentless stream of nonsense :oops:

First of all, when HO request additional documents it means they are ready to make a favourable decision!! So congrats in advance!!

As far as I know everyone here who applied for FLR(O) sent their original passport along with their application (despite not having a valid visa in it).

I lost my passport years ago, so my solicitor explained that bit in my application.

I know for a fact that HO dont accept copies of passport and birth certs so its pretty standard procedure of them to ask for your hubby's and son's original docs!!

Hope this helps luv!!

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:14 pm

carrotcake wrote:It's sad that newbies aren't recognised in this forum. Discussions tend to always be among some certain members. My opinion
I am sorry you feel like that Carrotcake, you are very much welcome to participate too. Is there anything we can do to make it better and more welcoming please let us know. We are honestly a friendly bunch

Godgives thank you

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:21 pm

carrotcake wrote:It's sad that newbies aren't recognised in this forum. Discussions tend to always be among some certain members. My opinion
Awww I beg to differ, so sorry if you really feel that way. It's a small thread with huge heart. Only that the refused people tend to take priority cos we all know how hard it is when one gets such news from the HO (Hell office) If you read some of the stories it sure causes teary eyes. So pls don't feel left out.

Pls don't feel discouraged cos the only thing keeping us together is love, prayers and comforting each other and importantly researching and advising one another.

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:22 pm

Verbina thanks for looking after carrotcake.

Bravo dapsonlee.

Carrotcake congrats in advance too.
Last edited by Believe2013 on Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

carrotcake
Newly Registered

Post by carrotcake » Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:24 pm

Smiles smiles smiles....I feel better now. Thanks all. And many thanks for the info...e-carrot cake to u all. Love x

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:29 pm

Believe2013 wrote:Verbina thanks for looking after carrotcake.
Pleasure! Although i doubt i gave an adequate answer... @believe your creative input is also needed!!

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:29 pm

carrotcake wrote:Smiles smiles smiles....I feel better now. Thanks all. And many thanks for the info...e-carrot cake to u all. Love x

Heeeheee thats my girl!!!! 8) :P

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:45 pm

verbina wrote:
carrotcake wrote:Hello beautiful people, God bless you all. Amen.

- His own passport

@carrotcake

Hello darling, Im sorry your post got buried up there with my relentless stream of nonsense :oops:

First of all, when HO request additional documents it means they are ready to make a favourable decision!! So congrats in advance!!

As far as I know everyone here who applied for FLR(O) sent their original passport along with their application (despite not having a valid visa in it).

I lost my passport years ago, so my solicitor explained that bit in my application.

I know for a fact that HO dont accept copies of passport and birth certs so its pretty standard procedure of them to ask for your hubby's and son's original docs!!

Hope this helps luv!!

I remember in April a lady called "cookie" had the same request of documents after she submitted her application and blamed the solicitor for not submitting all of these evidence with her application in the first place. I think she was granted 2-3 weeks after submission. So yuuuuup get ready to host some "freedom" BBQ cos you have been granted 😜