ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PIO card for Minor

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ra_one_2011

PIO card for Minor

Post by ra_one_2011 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:39 pm

My son got british passport who was on Indian passport previously, his indian passport has been surrender, but his both parents are on indian passport. so I am applying for PIO for him just now as he wont get OCI yet.
JUst want to confirm what documents I will require.
I was told by Indian cosulate that I will need to send parents passport along with application, but on indian consulate website it say to send only his surrender certificate and his british passport.
I think because he was on indian passport before my son should be able to apply for PIO on that basis instead of proving his parents nationality.
Is this right?
any help will be appreciated.

VR

Friend this is the wrong section

Post by VR » Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:21 pm

This is for british naturalization. Mod can move to the correct forum. Meantime you can get all the info on this here

http://www.hcilondon.in/pio.html

cheers
vr