ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

poketoholo

Post by poketoholo » Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:04 pm

Congrats! ..Awesome God! .@God'stime....Wow! what an acceleration!
pt

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:08 pm

@Godstime80 coNgrats dear

Godstime80
Newly Registered

Post by Godstime80 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:10 pm

Thanks yummymummy3j and poketoholo

carrotcake
Newly Registered

Post by carrotcake » Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:59 pm

Congrats Godstime....my hubby's case is similar to yours. We are still expecting a decision.
Enjoy your freedom. Pray the leave to remain will open doors of unmeasurable opportunities to you and family.

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:15 pm

Ok the mystery of reconsideration letters, I have been told they are likely to fall on deaf ears as they are merely an informal appeal process to which the HO are not obliged to respond to (as I suspected) However, if you are looking for a reaction of some sort i.e a removal notice, your legal representative might as well write to the Home Office blatantly informing them that my client has no intention to leave the UK at any cost. This is likely to wind them up and force them to escalate things to issue a removal notice. Sorry Shondra I don't know how best to advise you dear friend but incorporate your reconsideration letter into your PAP if you can!

astro123

Post by astro123 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:24 pm

[quote="Godstime80"]GOOD NEWS!!!....I'm still in shock, solicitor called this afternoon to inform me that my BRP has arrived, i first thought she was joking because i did my biometric last Wed and was not expecting anything from them till December or January But when i got to her office, I was stunned when she gave me the ATM lookalike card, i was overjoyed and forgot to ask for the PIN (joking). To all those who were refused PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE KEEP THE FIGHTING SPIRIT GOING. God will surely answer your prayers. i'm just one of the lucky ones.

Here is my time line Again

Date Applied/Docs sent: 16/08/13
Date Received Ack. Letter: 23/08/13
Date Biometrics booking letter arrived: 27/08/13
Date Biometrics Done at PO : 28/08/13
Date Passport/Docs received from HO: 04/09/2013
Date Biometrics received : 04/09/2013

SPECIAL THANKS TO :- Kukuwife , shareen24h , astro123 for replying my PM[/quote]

congratulations Godstime80, I am so happy for you. Enjoy your freedom with your family.

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:25 pm

thanks@believe2013

junaidmirza

Post by junaidmirza » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:19 pm

@Godstime Congratulation :)

@Shondra, 9 out of 10 reconsideration requests are completely ignored by HO. In most cases, they do not give in priority to reconsideration request as they not bound to reconsider it or overturn the decision made while when you send PAP (before JR), they have to check the file again and if they think that they going to loose the case in high court, they just overturn their own decision. I think you better consult your solicitor once again

junaidmirza

Post by junaidmirza » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:21 pm

Good new guys, one of my friends DLR application has been decided in exact 13 days, Applied on 15th of september and received a letter today (No solicitor) with approval of application and grant of 3 years DLR (extension). I am sure he will receive his BIOMETRIC card in few days as well

Kukuwife
Member of Standing

Post by Kukuwife » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:37 pm

Godstime80- congrats wish you all the best.
Your expectation will manifest very soon

Kukuwife
Member of Standing

Post by Kukuwife » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:52 pm

junaidmirza wrote:@Godstime Congratulation :)

@Shondra, 9 out of 10 reconsideration requests are completely ignored by HO. In most cases, they do not give in priority to reconsideration request as they not bound to reconsider it or overturn the decision made while when you send PAP (before JR), they have to check the file again and if they think that they going to loose the case in high court, they just overturn their own decision. I think you better consult your solicitor once again
Junaidmirza and Believe2013- they are right. HO is not under any obligation to honour reconsideration request.
We have been waiting for a reconsideration request since 2010 and still waiting. Going through PAP and JR may be the option.
Your expectation will manifest very soon

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:59 pm

junaidmirza wrote:Good new guys, one of my friends DLR application has been decided in exact 13 days, Applied on 15th of september and received a letter today (No solicitor) with approval of application and grant of 3 years DLR (extension). I am sure he will receive his BIOMETRIC card in few days as well

I know from this month on it's gonna rain good news, see how September has smiles written all over it! We shall rejoice guys so hold on and to those appealing, help is on the way! 🙏😀

shareen24h

Post by shareen24h » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:15 pm

[quote="Godstime80"]GOOD NEWS!!!....I'm still in shock, solicitor called this afternoon to inform me that my BRP has arrived, i first thought she was joking because i did my biometric last Wed and was not expecting anything from them till December or January But when i got to her office, I was stunned when she gave me the ATM lookalike card, i was overjoyed and forgot to ask for the PIN (joking). To all those who were refused PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE KEEP THE FIGHTING SPIRIT GOING. God will surely answer your prayers. i'm just one of the lucky ones.

SPECIAL THANKS TO :- Kukuwife , shareen24h , astro123 for replying my PM[/quote]

@Godstime80
Congratulations, enjoy your freedom.

SDP

Post by SDP » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:43 pm

Godstime80 wrote:Thanks dapsonlee and believe2013, its a fresh application based on british wife and daughter with over two years of proof. is really God's time
Congratulations ! That was a super fast express service.
Good luck enjoy your freedom!

SDP

Post by SDP » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:47 pm

junaidmirza wrote:Good new guys, one of my friends DLR application has been decided in exact 13 days, Applied on 15th of september and received a letter today (No solicitor) with approval of application and grant of 3 years DLR (extension). I am sure he will receive his BIOMETRIC card in few days as well
Is it a fresh application and do you know on what basis he/ she has applied ?

Sorry Junaidmirza it's an extension ok...good to see HO is quickly on the move now...
Last edited by SDP on Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SDP

Post by SDP » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:51 pm

Sorry guys I am confused...we have ID's Godgives, Gods authority ,Godstime :? :?

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:49 am

[quote="verbina"][quote="nilemarques"][quote="verbina"][quote="Sanny27"]Hey guys its sanny 26 been trying to sign in my account for weeks now and couldn't so I had to set up a new account,I have been following the thread silently. Been on holiday in jamaica for a month now coming back soon. Just wana say a massive congrats to all those who were granted their visa especially yummymummy3. I would like to know what happen to onlyme what decision did he received? To all those who were refuse just keep on holding the faith and pray nothing beats prayer no problem is too big for GOD because he makes the impossible possible.. I'm really praying for good news in the coming days. One love and keep the faith. Peace xx[/quote]

Welcome back @sanny!!! Hope you having amazing time on your hols!!

We dont know exactly what happened to @Onlyme, some reckon he s been granted then went AWOL... Perhaps gremlins ve been at work with him as well as yourself and @nilesmarques and he couldnt log in....[/quote]

@Verbina,Hi and welcome back Sanny27! I'm back but I consistently have this problem where it says I have been banned from this forum and I have to wait a couple of days before I can log in. I sent a post the other day directed to Indie007 about the NRPF Network. Otherwise still hanging around waiting for a decision! My Legal rep sent a strongly worded letter to HO to remind them of the law and recent case law. So just waiting.[/quote]

@nilelsmarques why dont you message the mods on here, they should be able to rectify the login prob?
You had to send additional docs to HO, if Im not mistaken, so hopefully you will get your decision soon hun!! Especially when the little ones are involved and you re in a difficult financial position due to HO delays its their duty under sec 55 of The Borders Act 2009 to have best interests of children in mind.[/quote]

Thanks Verbina! Will contact the mods to have it rectified! With regards to the HO.....Well..... What can I say?? Judging by the decisions they are making lately. I dunno. My legal rep has suggested to me that we might have to prepare for the JR, Tribunal malarkey. Will wait and see!

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:56 am

[quote="verbina"][quote="nilemarques"]Hmmmm!!! Interesting website!!

http://www.immigrantx.org/[/quote]

Ha ! I know! I follow them guys on Twitter they are ***king nuts!!!!! 8)[/quote]

Lol Verbina!!! Too right you are! I also follow them! Dey are de bomb!! Lol! 😀

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:29 am

Congrats! All the best!!

hatchsead

Post by hatchsead » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:19 am

dapsonlee wrote:

I know from this month on it's gonna rain good news, see how September has smiles written all over it! We shall rejoice guys so hold on and to those appealing, help is on the way! 🙏😀

Like i have mentioned severally, that from the month of September and October onwards, many cases will be decided favorably.

It looks like they are using LIFO now instead of FIFO but it does not matter as long we receive a favorable decision. For all those granted Congratulations, those refused, you are nearly there don't give up and for those waiting like me, the good news is closer than we think :)
A man's heart may be pierced, his body broken, his spirit smitten, but HIS WILL, NO ONE CAN TAKE!

CrystalNewbie
Mood:
Malawi

Post by CrystalNewbie » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:29 am

Godstime80 wrote:GOOD NEWS!!!....I'm still in shock, solicitor called this afternoon to inform me that my BRP has arrived, i first thought she was joking because i did my biometric last Wed and was not expecting anything from them till December or January But when i got to her office, I was stunned when she gave me the ATM lookalike card, i was overjoyed and forgot to ask for the PIN (joking). To all those who were refused PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE KEEP THE FIGHTING SPIRIT GOING. God will surely answer your prayers. i'm just one of the lucky ones.

SPECIAL THANKS TO :- Kukuwife , shareen24h , astro123 for replying my PM
Congratulations @Godstime80.....some good news was in order to lift everyone's spirits....go forth and enjoy your freedom

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:42 am

Good morning all. Hatchsead, the Home affairs select committee are due to meet sometime this month so we will eagerly await their report on immigration cases. HO can argue they are processing new applications quicker (which in fact they are ) BUT the problem is the backlog they seem to have given up and are leisurely processing it at their pace. In their opinion the damage has been done already but what they don't realise is real people's lives are at stake here. So until they grasp that, I don't think we will get swift justice.

More info on reconsideration letters - they are not a bad idea if you can prove without a shadow of a doubt that the HO office made an administrative error be it processing payment or causing you to overstay your visa or lost documents etc. Not entirely ineffective after all.

Have a good day all. The email campaign goes on. so quiet on that front, you can even hear a mouse fart..............................

SDP

Post by SDP » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:08 am

Believe2013 wrote:Good morning all. Hatchsead, the Home affairs select committee are due to meet sometime this month so we will eagerly await their report on immigration cases. HO can argue they are processing new applications quicker (which in fact they are ) BUT the problem is the backlog they seem to have given up and are leisurely processing it at their pace. In their opinion the damage has been done already but what they don't realise is real people's lives are at stake here. So until they grasp that, I don't think we will get swift justice.

More info on reconsideration letters - they are not a bad idea if you can prove without a shadow of a doubt that the HO office made an administrative error be it processing payment or causing you to overstay your visa or lost documents etc. Not entirely ineffective after all.

Have a good day all. The email campaign goes on. so quiet on that front, you can even hear a mouse fart..............................
Lol.....something to smile early in the morning ....

CrystalNewbie
Mood:
Malawi

Post by CrystalNewbie » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:16 am

Believe2013 wrote:Good morning all. Hatchsead, the Home affairs select committee are due to meet sometime this month so we will eagerly await their report on immigration cases. HO can argue they are processing new applications quicker (which in fact they are ) BUT the problem is the backlog they seem to have given up and are leisurely processing it at their pace. In their opinion the damage has been done already but what they don't realise is real people's lives are at stake here. So until they grasp that, I don't think we will get swift justice.

@Believe..maybe we should also direct this email campaign at this committee so that they can understand what we have to go through waiting for a decision. I don't believe in this crap they are spewing out to people when they call HO that they are delaying coz their case is complicated. Mine is not, am not an overstayer and have always had leave to remain but its eleven months and counting since I made my application. I think its down to incompetence and an 'I dont care its not my problem attitude' or maybe just trying to make our lives miserable. But hey..we shall overcome someday.....good morning all...

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:20 am

Good point @Crystal N, I have keith Vaz's email address. Will do thanks.