ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Humybe7709

Post by Humybe7709 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:54 am

iKal wrote:we're all just better off going on a long holiday lol atleast that way time will go quick xD!!! i would rather be sleeping in hawaai right now but i cant cause shes not here yet damn! i want her to come before 28th Nov!! because then we can go on our 3 year long awaited honeymoon to Hawaii... I chose Hawaii because pretty much EVERYONE goes to Dubai xD
Hahahaha you are really funny

Why don't u go Pakistan instead? At least you get to see her
Applied from Islamabad 3/05/13
Application Under Process at BHC 16/05/13
RFC 18/10/13
VISA GRANTED 15/10/13

iKal

Post by iKal » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:01 am

i could but then she would tear me a new one if you know what i mean lol... she says she doesnt want me to come there at all and that she wants to come here herself so that there is some excitement for her.... i only like going to pakistan because i enjoy it everytime i go there... i dont think there is any other country in the world that i would like to go to except pakistan lol.. ofcourse that will change once shes here :D... i wanna go to France, Dubai and Hawaii with her :)... also i wanna take my parents with me to France before they decide to move to pakistan forever and leave us all here

eftred
Newly Registered

Post by eftred » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:54 am

Hello,

Received an RFC text today. Do we need to make an appointment at Gerry's to collect or is there a waiting period or can collections be made straight away within the time frame specified which it says is Mon - Fri between 2pm and 3pm...Dont want to turn up and leave empty handed due to a petty excuse

Thanks

Forlorn

Post by Forlorn » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:56 am

eftred wrote:Hello,

Received an RFC text today. Do we need to make an appointment at Gerry's to collect or is there a waiting period or can collections be made straight away within the time frame specified which it says is Mon - Fri between 2pm and 3pm...Dont want to turn up and leave empty handed due to a petty excuse

Thanks
Just go to gerry where u submitted ur application between 2-5 pm and collect ur passport.
Applied at 04/12/12
Under process at BHC 18/12/12
RFC : 05/03/13
RE-Applied at 19/07/13
Under process at BHC 01/08/13
RFC : inshallah positive result soon

HELLO786
Member of Standing

Post by HELLO786 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:20 pm

Thanks
MashaAllah. All the best. What time did u receive text?
Also like forlorn advised I would just go 2-5
Applied online 15/9/15
Biometrics mirpur 17/9/15
Documents confirmation November

Alltheverybest

Post by Alltheverybest » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:32 pm

Thanks
Wish u all the best and prayin for you to get the visa tomarrow
Special request for loads of duaa

Applied on 12/06/13
Under process in BHC on 25/06/13
Rfc 18/09/13
Collected 19/09/13
Visa granted
All bcoz of my mom and ur prayers

rimmy
Newly Registered

tb test

Post by rimmy » Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:25 pm

Hi guys,
Just a quick question, my wife's visa was granted a couple of days ago but her tb
test certificate has expired, do we need to do a new one before she travels?

Moonandstar

Post by Moonandstar » Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:38 pm

iKal wrote:we're all just better off going on a long holiday lol atleast that way time will go quick xD!!! i would rather be sleeping in hawaai right now but i cant cause shes not here yet damn! i want her to come before 28th Nov!! because then we can go on our 3 year long awaited honeymoon to Hawaii... I chose Hawaii because pretty much EVERYONE goes to Dubai xD
What's the situation with travelling to other countries on a spouse visa. I would like to take my wife to Dubai or Thailand but she is on a spouse visa.

zebi112
Newly Registered

Re: tb test

Post by zebi112 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:50 pm

rimmy wrote:Hi guys,
Just a quick question, my wife's visa was granted a couple of days ago but her tb
Yes mine also expired so i also take a appointment otherwise just a waist of time on uk airport.

HELLO786
Member of Standing

Re: tb test

Post by HELLO786 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:37 pm

rimmy wrote:Hi guys,
I would suggest make an appt and get a new one
Always beter to b safe than sory
Applied online 15/9/15

rimmy
Newly Registered

tb test

Post by rimmy » Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:43 pm

Thanks guys, I will get a new tb test certificate just to be safe.

eftred
Newly Registered

Post by eftred » Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:30 pm

HELLO786 wrote:

Thanks
It was received this morning about 10am pakistan time I think. Going to collect tomorrow. It will work out for the best inshallah.

Thanks

Forlorn

Post by Forlorn » Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:32 pm

eftred wrote:
HELLO786 wrote:

Thanks
It was received this morning about 10am pakistan time I think. Going to collect tomorrow. It will work out for the best inshallah.

Thanks
I think mainly gerry call in morning about 10 to 11 am.best of luck
Applied at 04/12/12
Under process at BHC 18/12/12
RFC : 05/03/13
RE-Applied at 19/07/13
Under process at BHC 01/08/13
RFC : inshallah positive result soon

HELLO786
Member of Standing

Post by HELLO786 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:39 pm

No am sure sum1 said they got rfc at 6pm pak time too once on here
Applied online 15/9/15

REMAA

Post by REMAA » Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:41 pm

HELLO786 wrote:No am sure sum1 said they got rfc at 6pm pak time too once on here
Yes, We got text at 7pm Pak Time.
Waiting for husband to come on soon.

iKal

Post by iKal » Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:00 pm

Moonandstar wrote:What's the situation with travelling to other countries on a spouse visa. I would like to take my wife to Dubai or Thailand but she is on a spouse visa.
to be honest im not too sure...

btw i found out from my agent that you have 15 days (once you got your visa) to leave pakistan... why 15 days?... 1 day because of the RFC and rest is standard waiting time of 14 days because IF you leave AFTER the 15 days then they count it as 1 month off the 2.5 years probation which means that you wont be able to apply for the extension as you've only been in the uk for 2.4 years and then they will charge you another £1k (around) JUST to extend that one month... how do i know this? because its already happened to my bro xD he didnt know about the 15 day period.. he stayed with his wife in pakistan for 1/2 months and then left lol... so be careful and be ready in advance... dont take the risk of staying there abit longer... JUST COME TO UK! :D

arsalank

Post by arsalank » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:25 am

i spoke to a Gerry's person and he confirmed me " there is no time limitation on when to leave " rules have changed,but its always better to arrive soon as possible....
by the way, anyone who's flying on 10th from Lhr?

Moonandstar

Post by Moonandstar » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:31 am

iKal wrote:
Moonandstar wrote:What's the situation with travelling to other countries on a spouse visa. I would like to take my wife to Dubai or Thailand but she is on a spouse visa.

btw i found out from my agent that you have 15 days (once you got your visa) to leave pakistan... why 15 days?... 1 day because of the RFC and rest is standard waiting time of 14 days because IF you leave AFTER the 15 days then they count it as 1 month off the 2.5 years probation which means that you wont be able to apply for the extension as you've only been in the uk for 2.4 years and then they will charge you another £1k (around) JUST to extend that one month... how do i know this? because its already happened to my bro xD he didnt know about the 15 day period.. he stayed with his wife in pakistan for 1/2 months and then left lol... so be careful and be ready in advance... dont take the risk of staying there abit longer... JUST COME TO UK! :D
Thanks for the info. I'll look into it.
Anyone know what the procedure is if my wife who is on a spouse visa wanted to travel with me to Dubai from the UK for a short holiday.
Is it possible? Would I have to apply for a visa for her?

iyanu
Member of Standing
Nigeria

Post by iyanu » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:34 am

iKal wrote:

@iKal, where did get this information from? I believe every spouse visa issued are initially for 33 months (2.8 years)...It was assumed that immigrant can take between 1- 3 months to travel so that they can still have 30 months (2.5 years) available for them before they apply for a further Leave to Remain, which will now be exactly 30 months (2.5 years) after that they can now apply for Indefinite Leave To Remain.

I believe it is 33 months initially and that gives you 3 months to prepare ... you don't have to jump immediately ... It is important that people are not misled about this as there may still be some important stuffs to clear before they travel ... you do not have to rush to the UK please.

See Applications from outside the UK here from UKBA website:

If your visa application is successful, we will grant you a visa for 33 months. Shortly before the end of that period, you can apply for further leave to remain in the UK. If you still meet the requirements you will be granted permission to stay for a further period of 30 months. Once you have completed 5 years in the UK, as the partner of someone who is a British citizen or settled in the UK, you can apply to settle here. This is known as 'indefinite leave to remain

Can somebody who has recently been granted settlement visa confirm how many months was stamped on his/her visa please?

Please let other people contribute on this as well.
Last edited by iyanu on Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

arsalank

Post by arsalank » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:51 am

yes,Alhamdulilah i was granted "33 months" visa in mid Aug ..... Due to some official obligations i couldn't depart before but like i said, ITS OK to take your time ....

fareed143n
Newly Registered

Post by fareed143n » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:55 am

salam every one,

Any RFC today? I think after monday they are cool again by giving three RFCs same day. Any one of april aplicant got RFC?

fareed143n
Newly Registered

Post by fareed143n » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:57 am

eftred wrote:
HELLO786 wrote:

Thanks

Thanks

we are waiting for ur hopeful responce. May allah give us sabr.

HELLO786
Member of Standing

Post by HELLO786 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:37 am

fareed143n wrote:salam every one,

Any RFC today? I think after monday they are cool again by giving three RFCs same day. Any one of april aplicant got RFC?
As far as i am concerned all April applicants that are remaining have still not yet heard including myself .

When did you apply?
Applied online 15/9/15

Javeria

Post by Javeria » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:40 am

unfortunately there is no RFC after 94 working days :cry:
Application submitted from Lahore:23/04/2013
Application forwarded to Isd OC:23/04/2013
Under process at BHC :07/05/2013
Application hold on :08/10/2013
Supporting Documents submit 0n:04/11/2013
RFC: 10/12/2013
Outcome:Will be positive INSHALLAH

JaveriaK
Newly Registered

Post by JaveriaK » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:33 pm

HELLO786 wrote:

As far as i am concerned all April applicants that are remaining have still not yet heard including myself .

When did you apply?

I think ppl who applied end April and beginning May still seem to be waiting unfortunately :(