ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Irish visa SUCCESS from Pakistan!! At last!

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

SRAQAI

Irish visa SUCCESS from Pakistan!! At last!

Post by SRAQAI » Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:19 am

So today me and my husband are very happy bunnies. He got his passport back today from Karachi, with his Irish visa STAMPED in his passport!! Exactly on the 8th week deadline.... I even received an email from SOLVIT today, asking me to send her the documents submitted with the application, as she wanted to put forward a complaint, as we hadnt got anything yet, but of course its no longer needed!! Very very excited. Now I have to think about long term accomodation in Dublin. Apart from the usual daft website :D is there anywhere else I can look? Which neighbourhoods are good value in terms of rent? :D

In comparison to the French, applying for and getting this visa was a piece of cake .... a walk in the park! :) we just applied online, sent documents and 8 weeks later got visa in the post. My husband is a happy bunny and so am I!! Good luck to pakistanis!!

Jellybean105
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Jellybean105 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:44 am

Congratulations!! Thats great news.

SRAQAI

Post by SRAQAI » Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:30 pm

Jellybean105 wrote:Congratulations!! Thats great news.
Thank you :)

courny

Post by courny » Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:50 pm

Congrats!!!!
Last edited by courny on Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zaza7625
Member of Standing
Georgia

Post by zaza7625 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:56 pm

courny wrote:Congrats!!!! It's a long time 8 weeks for processing this type of visa. Isn't here a limit of 30 days or something.
I've just applied for my wife. Les see how long this takes.
Any tips in dealing with consulate in Karachi? Or any general point to watch out for?
Hi
I was waiting my visa 4 months. so 8 weeks is really OK.
good luck!

courny

Post by courny » Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:37 pm

zaza7625 wrote:
courny wrote:Congrats!!!! It's a long time 8 weeks for processing this type of visa. Isn't here a limit of 30 days or something.
Any tips in dealing with consulate in Karachi? Or any general point to watch out for?
Hi
I was waiting my visa 4 months. so 8 weeks is really OK.
good luck!
4 MOnThS????
Really? From the Karachi consulate?
Damn!

Seena

Post by Seena » Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:38 pm

Congrads...
My wife wife was approved from Karachi in 3 months and 10 says, so 8 weeks are very quick....

Brigid from Ireland
Member of Standing

Post by Brigid from Ireland » Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:26 pm

Delighted that you both have such good news.

Remember that your husband should apply for his pps number as soon as possible after his arrival in Ireland. He should make sure he has this number BEFORE the first three months has ended.

Remember also to tell your husband to carry a valid original marriage certificate with him when he travels to Ireland. A valid original birth certificate is also useful, as some places like to see two forms of original identification, so if he has the original marriage certificate or birth certificate these can be very useful. They are not essential, but they are sometimes asked for, and it is easy to bring them with you when you travel, it can take a long time to obtain them if you need them and do not have them.

Did you have success getting a part time job? This is a better option than self employment, if you can do it, from the point of view that working as an employee on a part time basis makes it very easy to show that you are a migrant worker exercising migrant worker rights.

If your husband plans to look for work then one of the first things you should ask him to do here is study for his driving licience written exam and practice for the driving test, as it is easier to get a job if you can drive a car. If he has a foreign driving licience he should also bring this with him, both as proof of identification and also because some liciences are valid in Ireland for a year. But it is important that he tries to get an Irish driving licience if he plans to stay in Ireland or Europe.
BL

courny

Post by courny » Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:12 pm

Seena wrote:Congrads...
My wife wife was approved from Karachi in 3 months and 10 says, so 8 weeks are very quick....
was your application based on spouse of irish citizen?

SRAQAI

Post by SRAQAI » Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:28 pm

Thank you to everyone. I dont know how or why our application was done in such a 'short time', I thought that it was quite a long wait, but seeing that others waited longer, then it was quite a short time!

Thank you Brigid - Does he have to apply for his pps number within first 3 months of him being here, or myself being here? By the time he arrives, my months would have finished, in fact its finished because I had to return to the UK as I had some personal issues in UK to deal with so whilst we were awaitng the visa, I was actually in the UK! I will be now returning to Ireland soon to rent a room and find the job. I think ill find a full time job. J already have my PPS number and bank acct etc. How hard is it to find a job these days, say in a call centre or admin work? Is it hard to find a room to rent, up to 500 euros do you think? What neighbourhoods do you suggest? Thank you for the driving tip :)

Brigid from Ireland wrote:Delighted that you both have such good news.

Remember that your husband should apply for his pps number as soon as possible after his arrival in Ireland. He should make sure he has this number BEFORE the first three months has ended.

Remember also to tell your husband to carry a valid original marriage certificate with him when he travels to Ireland. A valid original birth certificate is also useful, as some places like to see two forms of original identification, so if he has the original marriage certificate or birth certificate these can be very useful. They are not essential, but they are sometimes asked for, and it is easy to bring them with you when you travel, it can take a long time to obtain them if you need them and do not have them.

Did you have success getting a part time job? This is a better option than self employment, if you can do it, from the point of view that working as an employee on a part time basis makes it very easy to show that you are a migrant worker exercising migrant worker rights.

If your husband plans to look for work then one of the first things you should ask him to do here is study for his driving licience written exam and practice for the driving test, as it is easier to get a job if you can drive a car. If he has a foreign driving licience he should also bring this with him, both as proof of identification and also because some liciences are valid in Ireland for a year. But it is important that he tries to get an Irish driving licience if he plans to stay in Ireland or Europe.

SRAQAI

Post by SRAQAI » Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:40 pm

Thank you,

Thats what I thought too. I knew there was an expediated procedure, but I wasnt too sure how long this is. Karachi phoned my husband saying they received documents and they were asking him to send photocopies of his passport and marriage certs. even though they had the originals in their hands!! Husband told them to just take photocopies of tbem as they have the originals, but then they asked husband to send a cheque to cover the photocopying!! Husband told he will lodge a complaint against him, and told him where to jump lol and hung up, was angry! Then I went onto Linkedin and found the profile of the Karachi honourable counsel and looked at it. Everytime someone looks at a linkedin profile, that person gets a notification that so and so person looked at your profile. It would have shown my name and when the counsel looks at the notification, he would have recognised my name from husbands application. The intention was to make him worried that we were onto him for corruption and asking for photocopy money and will notify Irish authorities. It worked. Some weeks later, we got the passport and visa back.

courny

Post by courny » Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:10 pm

SRAQAI wrote:
Thank you,

Thats what I thought too. I knew there was an expediated procedure, but I wasnt too sure how long this is. Karachi phoned my husband saying they received documents and they were asking him to send photocopies of his passport and marriage certs. even though they had the originals in their hands!! Husband told them to just take photocopies of tbem as they have the originals, but then they asked husband to send a cheque to cover the photocopying!! Husband told he will lodge a complaint against him, and told him where to jump lol and hung up, was angry! Then I went onto Linkedin and found the profile of the Karachi honourable counsel and looked at it. Everytime someone looks at a linkedin profile, that person gets a notification that so and so person looked at your profile. It would have shown my name and when the counsel looks at the notification, he would have recognised my name from husbands application. The intention was to make him worried that we were onto him for corruption and asking for photocopy money and will notify Irish authorities. It worked. Some weeks later, we got the passport and visa back.
interesting and how much money were they asking for exactly?

SRAQAI

Post by SRAQAI » Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:34 pm

I have no idea. My husband spoke to them, but regardless, they shouldnt be asking for any money, and on top of that, they do not require photocopies when they have the originals. They scan the documents on computer and send them to Ireland electronically so thay Burg Quay can assess the application. They dont require copies, he was just trying to be corrupt.

courny wrote:
SRAQAI wrote:
Thank you,

dalebutt

Post by dalebutt » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:04 am

This is a common practice with the Irish embassies , you guys must have had it even easy, in Nigeria, your application will not be accepted at the visa application centre without all the photocopies intact.

masterboy123
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by masterboy123 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:14 am

Well, in Budapest, they made photocopies of my original documents and returned back the original to me at the same time. The photocopy is for the local embassy where you have submitted the application, to have your file always ready there.
SRAQAI wrote:I have no idea. My husband spoke to them, but regardless, they shouldnt be asking for any money, and on top of that, they do not require photocopies when they have the originals. They scan the documents on computer and send them to Ireland electronically so thay Burg Quay can assess the application. They dont require copies, he was just trying to be corrupt.

courny wrote:
SRAQAI wrote:
Thank you,

courny

Post by courny » Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:57 pm

hmm
Last edited by courny on Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SRAQAI

Post by SRAQAI » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:59 am

courny wrote:to be honest when i submitted the application i have to give 2 sets of documents
it was a big pile. they wanted to see some of the originals and gave them back to me right away.
anyway, they seem to take a lot of time. but i hope it works out.
does anyone know are the documents sent to the embassy in turkey or are they sent to dublin office?
I think they are sent to Dublin. I am not 100% certain, but after the online application is submitted, it provides a link to the Turkish Embassy website, for some reason. But considering the publish the Burg Quay results online on their website, including our applications, this could mean that it has been in processed in Dublin.

courny

Post by courny » Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:57 pm

okay
Last edited by courny on Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Brigid from Ireland
Member of Standing

Post by Brigid from Ireland » Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:39 pm

He should apply for the pps number as soon as possible after his arrival in Ireland. I advise people to arrive in Ireland (day 1) and apply for the pps number on day 2, or as soon as possible after arrival. He needs his passport, your original marriage certificate and some proof of address to get a pps number. He does not need any particular type of immigration stamp in his passport in order to get the pps, just the actual original passport. If they ask about your employment status in Ireland he can say you visited Ireland a few times over the past months to organise his visa, and have arrived in Ireland on the same day as him to take up permanent residence to look for a job. This may mean that the three month period starts for you both on the day of his arrival.

If he applies within the first three months of his visit to Ireland he does not need proof that you are working in order to get a pps number. This is why he should apply for pps before his first three months in the country have ended. If he waits until after he has spent three months in Ireland they may ask for your payslip and also his passport may have been handed in to immigration for them to update his stamp, so there can be a long delay.

The pps number is not just to allow him to get a job, it has many other purposes also, like access to health care/education and for tax allowances to be shared between a married couple.

Once you get a job you should apply for a medical card/GP card, if your income is low, send a copy of your first payslip with the application form for the medical card. (You pay for GP visit and medicine in Ireland unless you have a medical card). You should apply on a photocopy of your first payslip, as the medical card is means tested, so a low income (which may apply on the first payslip) is an advantage for this purpose.

Re renting - if you are willing to move outside Dublin you could rent a full house for 500 per month, but jobs are scarce outside Dublin. Some men with families put the family in a house in Longford, as it is on the train to Dublin Connolly station, which is Dublin city centre, so they commute to Dublin or rent a very cheap shared room in Dublin for themselves and visit the family at weekends only. Property in Dublin is difficult to get just now, as students are looking for a place to stay. I think 800 minimum per month if you want your own place in Dublin. Check daft.ie

Some places are hiring for Christmas, so I would try shops asking for jobs as sales assistant as they need extra workers for Christmas, but most offices do not need extra workers for Christmas. Call centre work may be available if you have languages.

Best of luck to you both in Ireland.
BL

SRAQAI

Post by SRAQAI » Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:21 pm

Thanks so much, once again for your comprehensive advice :)

The Medical card was one concern I had, since I am Asthmatic and need regular prescriptions.... so that advice was useful, thank you :) ill be in Dublin last week of Sept to job hunt, Im hoping to find something ... even if its flipping burgers in McDonalds! I set up as self employed with Irish Revenue on my last trip there, and I have evidence of this, so I guess I could show them this for my husbands pps number, when he arrives in October! :)

Brigid from Ireland wrote:He should apply for the pps number as soon as possible after his arrival in Ireland. I advise people to arrive in Ireland (day 1) and apply for the pps number on day 2, or as soon as possible after arrival. He needs his passport, your original marriage certificate and some proof of address to get a pps number. He does not need any particular type of immigration stamp in his passport in order to get the pps, just the actual original passport. If they ask about your employment status in Ireland he can say you visited Ireland a few times over the past months to organise his visa, and have arrived in Ireland on the same day as him to take up permanent residence to look for a job. This may mean that the three month period starts for you both on the day of his arrival.

If he applies within the first three months of his visit to Ireland he does not need proof that you are working in order to get a pps number. This is why he should apply for pps before his first three months in the country have ended. If he waits until after he has spent three months in Ireland they may ask for your payslip and also his passport may have been handed in to immigration for them to update his stamp, so there can be a long delay.

The pps number is not just to allow him to get a job, it has many other purposes also, like access to health care/education and for tax allowances to be shared between a married couple.

Once you get a job you should apply for a medical card/GP card, if your income is low, send a copy of your first payslip with the application form for the medical card. (You pay for GP visit and medicine in Ireland unless you have a medical card). You should apply on a photocopy of your first payslip, as the medical card is means tested, so a low income (which may apply on the first payslip) is an advantage for this purpose.

Re renting - if you are willing to move outside Dublin you could rent a full house for 500 per month, but jobs are scarce outside Dublin. Some men with families put the family in a house in Longford, as it is on the train to Dublin Connolly station, which is Dublin city centre, so they commute to Dublin or rent a very cheap shared room in Dublin for themselves and visit the family at weekends only. Property in Dublin is difficult to get just now, as students are looking for a place to stay. I think 800 minimum per month if you want your own place in Dublin. Check daft.ie

Some places are hiring for Christmas, so I would try shops asking for jobs as sales assistant as they need extra workers for Christmas, but most offices do not need extra workers for Christmas. Call centre work may be available if you have languages.

Best of luck to you both in Ireland.

SRAQAI

Post by SRAQAI » Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:26 pm

Yes, no point in phoning them .... i tried that and I didnt get anywhere! I emailed them on that treatyeu email address and I didnt get a response until about 5 weeks later! That too was a generic response! I think you will get a reply, just need to be extra extra patient! Tho holiday season is nearly over, you may get a reply soon!

courny wrote:
SRAQAI wrote:
courny wrote:to be honest when i submitted the application i have to give 2 sets of documents
it was a big pile. they wanted to see some of the originals and gave them back to me right away.
does anyone know are the documents sent to the embassy in turkey or are they sent to dublin office?
I think they are sent to Dublin. I am not 100% certain, but after the online application is submitted, it provides a link to the Turkish Embassy website, for some reason. But considering the publish the Burg Quay results online on their website, including our applications, this could mean that it has been in processed in Dublin.

thank yeah i confirmed with the Irish consulate. they sent everything to dublin!
now the wait start. i hope this comes in 8 weeks or less.
any idea how to contact the visa office in dublin. i know the email but they dont seem to respond ever. and the phone lines are not functional cuz they a re very busy

Brigid from Ireland
Member of Standing

Post by Brigid from Ireland » Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:59 pm

Try to get a European Health Insurance Card in Britain, if you are still there. It might help with health care if you have to go to hospital and it is free.

The medical card covers the cost of the GP and the cost of medicine. It will be hard to get this, as the income limit is basically what you would get if you were on social welfare.

There is also a GP visit card, which pays for GP visit but you pay for medicine.

If you don't get a medical card you need to get a Drugs Payment card, application form available from any pharmacist shop. Once you get this card then the family only pay a max of 144 per month for medicine, it will cover both spouses so long as both have pps numbers.

Bring medicine with you if you can. Some people (the retired ones with free travel) take day trips to Belfast to get medicine there on the NHS!!!
BL

SRAQAI

Post by SRAQAI » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:43 pm

Brigid from Ireland wrote:Try to get a European Health Insurance Card in Britain, if you are still there. It might help with health care if you have to go to hospital and it is free.

The medical card covers the cost of the GP and the cost of medicine. It will be hard to get this, as the income limit is basically what you would get if you were on social welfare.

There is also a GP visit card, which pays for GP visit but you pay for medicine.

If you don't get a medical card you need to get a Drugs Payment card, application form available from any pharmacist shop. Once you get this card then the family only pay a max of 144 per month for medicine, it will cover both spouses so long as both have pps numbers.

Bring medicine with you if you can. Some people (the retired ones with free travel) take day trips to Belfast to get medicine there on the NHS!!!

Brigid - Your advice is like a caring mother looking out for their child, and you always remind me of things I had forgotten about!! Thank you so much, the EU medical card didnt even cross my mind!! I had one before, many years ago - God only knows where it is, ill need to get onto it now! In the UK, I have a medicine fees exemption certificate, because I am hypothyroid, and all my medications are free! I think I might just bring supplies!! Xxx

courny

Post by courny » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:56 pm

SRAQAI wrote:Yes, no point in phoning them .... i tried that and I didnt get anywhere! I emailed them on that treatyeu email address and I didnt get a response until about 5 weeks later! That too was a generic response! I think you will get a reply, just need to be extra extra patient! Tho holiday season is nearly over, you may get a reply soon!

courny wrote:
SRAQAI wrote:

thank yeah i confirmed with the Irish consulate. they sent everything to dublin!
any idea how to contact the visa office in dublin. i know the email but they dont seem to respond ever. and the phone lines are not functional cuz they a re very busy
Last edited by courny on Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SRAQAI

Post by SRAQAI » Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:40 am

Its probably not a good idea to email them every week, that will just annoy them and you never know, they might put your application to the back of the pile! Maybe contact UK Solvit.

courny wrote:
SRAQAI wrote:Yes, no point in phoning them .... i tried that and I didnt get anywhere! I emailed them on that treatyeu email address and I didnt get a response until about 5 weeks later! That too was a generic response! I think you will get a reply, just need to be extra extra patient! Tho holiday season is nearly over, you may get a reply soon!

courny wrote:
SRAQAI wrote:

yeah i emailed (3 times already) visamail@justice.ie and have had no luck. i sent them some new supporting documents at the dublin office and wanted them to confirm they have received them but no luck. ill keep emailing every week till i get a response. they are supposed to update their visa decisions every monday and they haunt doe that yet and its wednesday morning now. looks like someone had a wild weekend. still recovering :P