ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

trixy18
Newly Registered

Gov should have a time limit on decisions

Post by trixy18 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:00 pm

My husband applied for indefinite leave to remain in Dec 2000, we had a child 2002, by 2004 we were still waiting for a case worker to be assigned to our case! By 2006 we still had not had any reply from ukba, my husband requested our passports back to return to his country after 6yrs of being in UK and unable to work legally or claim benefits he eventually got in trouble with the law and received a 10yr prison sentence. I have a few health problems but have no family to care for my daughter during my hospital visits so as a result have had to refuse treatment to save my daughter being put into temp foster care (i had a terrible experience with a paedophile whilst in foster care, so would never want my daughter there).
I fully believe if my husband's case had been dealt with quicker he would never have broke the law. Now I have to decide whether I stay in the UK on my own with no support or go and stay in a third world country where id have lots of support but there's no health or education benefits and where I'd still be unable to work due to my health! The government really need to put a time limit on making a decision on all cases!!!

xshayaanx

Re: Gov should have a time limit on decisions

Post by xshayaanx » Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:44 pm

This is absolutely shocking and unacceptable. My heart goes out for you it is indeed a terrible terrible situation to be in. Did you try to raise it through your MP (I'm sure you would have done it, but just asking!).

What UKBA doesnt realise is we are not bunch of application form they can stack us on top of each other in there in tray of 'cases-do not bother dealing'. We are real people whom lives are impacted by the lack luster behavior of UKBA and the team.
trixy18 wrote:My husband applied for indefinite leave to remain in Dec 2000, we had a child 2002, by 2004 we were still waiting for a case worker to be assigned to our case! By 2006 we still had not had any reply from ukba, my husband requested our passports back to return to his country after 6yrs of being in UK and unable to work legally or claim benefits he eventually got in trouble with the law and received a 10yr prison sentence. I have a few health problems but have no family to care for my daughter during my hospital visits so as a result have had to refuse treatment to save my daughter being put into temp foster care (i had a terrible experience with a paedophile whilst in foster care, so would never want my daughter there).
I fully believe if my husband's case had been dealt with quicker he would never have broke the law. Now I have to decide whether I stay in the UK on my own with no support or go and stay in a third world country where id have lots of support but there's no health or education benefits and where I'd still be unable to work due to my health! The government really need to put a time limit on making a decision on all cases!!!
Applied 17-12-13
Forwarded to BHC 03-01-14
Waiting...

trixy18
Newly Registered

Re: Gov should have a time limit on decisions

Post by trixy18 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:45 pm

xshayaanx wrote:This is absolutely shocking and unacceptable. My heart goes out for you it is indeed a terrible terrible situation to be in. Did you try to raise it through your MP (I'm sure you would have done it, but just asking!).

What UKBA doesnt realise is we are not bunch of application form they can stack us on top of each other in there in tray of 'cases-do not bother dealing'. We are real people whom lives are impacted by the lack luster behavior of UKBA and the team.
[/quote]
First MP was my local Scottish MP (SMP) who was told he could not deal with it and I'd have to see a Westminster MP.
He wasn't very interested and asked me "why don't you go and live in your husbands country?" I was outraged! Why should myself and my daughter have to live in a third world country where we were not born and are not nationals of that country?!!
Eventually he wrote to UKBA 8 times before getting a reply and all the reply said was that they had not yet assigned a case worker, and that stayed the case from 2000-2010, in 2010 they finally said that they were making no decision until the time of his release which should have been 2010 but because he had no legal stay in the UK the prison would not release him and until he was released the UKBA would make no decision so they held him until 2013 where a decision was reached to deport. Fought against it under the human rights child & family section (6 I think it is) that all children have the right to family life! Well the court said she could have a family life if I moved her to Jamaica! (Murder capital of the world...don't think I'll be doin that anytime soon) I argued that an 8 mth pregnant woman had just been shot & killed by police in Jamaica that week for cussing at him and such a drastic change of environment would be detrimental to an 11yr old girl but no they thought not and ruled for deportation

lucky13

Post by lucky13 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:36 am

I have a kind request to you all. Please check your details in SkyDrive. Link –

https://skydrive.live.com/view.aspx?cid ... 3_hUqPaGvc

If it is not updated feel free to update it or please let me know, I will be more than happy to update.

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: Which forms to use

Post by Damanisshallo » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:46 am

Senny wrote:Hi there

My mum who will be here 10 years in October is looking to a apply for 10 years long residency . She has two de dependants one under the age of 18 and the other 24 years. Both dependants have been in the UK for 6 years and 10 months . They are not eligible to apply with her ( according to the lawyer)

My question is which form should my mum use to apply for 10 year long residency?

SET(LR)

Which forms should the dependants use , one over the age of 18 and the other under the age of 18.

She may consider making SET(F) but then please consult a professional before going ahead with this as this might only be possible after the approval of your mother's ILR. Simultaneously, you may have to request UKBA to hold your applications (Yours & Your sibling's) until your mother's SET(LR) is considered.

You haven't mentioned anything about, what visa status the children are Yela Yela Yela...?

Can the dependant under the age of 18 apply together with my mother ?

NO

Many thanks
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

amjadleeds
Member of Standing

Re: ILR is under process

Post by amjadleeds » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:28 am

Hi everyone
I have applied ilr oct 2012 it is still pending. I have called to home office to check progress advisor told me your application still in complete . In the past every time told me it is under process. Please if you have any experience share . Regards Amjad

lucky13

Post by lucky13 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:48 pm

amjadleeds wrote:Hi everyone
I have applied ilr oct 2012 it is still pending. I have called to home office to check progress advisor told me your application still in complete . In the past every time told me it is under process. Please if you have any experience share . Regards Amjad
Dear Amjad, sorry to hear this. I am just waiting for weeks and it is so hard. Where you are waiting for months…. Did you contact your MP?

kaamartei
Newly Registered

Post by kaamartei » Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:59 pm

It is sad I applied on the 28 Feb. 2013 and I am already tied of waiting. Was you last visa tier 4 student visa or PSW or other as it seems those who visa where not tier 4 student visa do get theirs earlier.

john100v
Newly Registered

Post by john100v » Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:10 pm

Applied on 04/04/2013 ...waiting
hopefully expecting sooner!

lucky13

Post by lucky13 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:54 pm

john100v wrote:Applied on 04/04/2013 ...waiting
hopefully expecting sooner!
Dear john100v, Thank you very much. Can you please give me your details in following format.
The application sent-?
Acknowledgement letter-?
Biometrics letter received-?
Biometrics enrolled-?

Biometric Card Received -?
Passports+docs Received-?

john100v
Newly Registered

Post by john100v » Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:54 pm

Sure lucky, I've added already on the Skydrive

The application sent-04/04/2013
Acknowledgement letter - 15/04/2013
Biometrics letter received - 04/05/2013
Biometrics enrolled-09/05/2013

Biometric Card Received - awaiting
Passports+docs Received- awaiting

R556

Post by R556 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:43 pm

kaamartei wrote:It is sad I applied on the 28 Feb. 2013 and I am already tied of waiting. Was you last visa tier 4 student visa or PSW or other as it seems those who visa where not tier 4 student visa do get theirs earlier.
I think it is not necessary. What about your last visa? Was it Tier 4?

kaamartei
Newly Registered

Re:R556

Post by kaamartei » Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:37 pm

My last visa was tier 4 student visa. I think it is necessary as I called HO this morning and the lady asked me what was my status in my last visa. I told her it was tier 4 student visa, she then answered and said that they are currently working on December application. I therefore think if it was not necessary she will not ask me that question before telling me that they are now processing December application.

After talking with her I checked skydrive and I noticed that most guys who have got their ILR, that is those whom I applied before them had post work or teir 1.

mirak
Newly Registered

Post by mirak » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:16 pm

Looking at the timelines in the skydrive I can see considerable variations between applications.. I'm only looking at 'straightforward cases' with 'no gaps' etc. but I can still see that a lot of people have been waiting for over 25 weeks while others got their passports back in as little as 10 weeks...

I'm sure all attempts to expalin this would be guesswork as each application is different.. but I just find it interesting, since they are all viewed as straightforward by the applicants... :? :?

ppycrmt

Update

Post by ppycrmt » Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:34 am

Hi,

Can someone please update the skydrive for me?

Acknowledgement letter - 20/08/2013
Biometrics letter received - 29/08/2013
Biometrics enrolled - 03/09/2013

olooeve
Newly Registered

skydrive help please

Post by olooeve » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:05 am

please someone add me on sky drive,
applied ilr ten years set lr 11th april 13, 8 yrs student 2 psw and last visa was tier 4
acknowledgement 15 april 13,
biometric letter and biometric done at post office 15 may 13,
still waiting at 22 weeks,
thanks

asjid73
Pakistan

Post by asjid73 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:33 am

amjadleeds wrote:Hi everyone
I have applied ilr oct 2012 it is still pending. I have called to home office to check progress adviser told me your application still in complete . In the past every time told me it is under process. Please if you have any experience share . Regards Amjad
Hi amjad i called home office on Monday i made first application 11/2012 then varied it 19/04/2013 got same answer your application is not completed yet however is have been allocated to a caseworker and when asked about my passports and other papers with firsts application adviser told me they going to be linked up with variation application when asked for any time frame for decision she replied they working at Dec. applications i think which is not true many people from even march already got their ilr
regards ASJID

Mali2013
Newly Registered

Re: My Story

Post by Mali2013 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:11 pm

R556 wrote:
Mali2013 wrote:Hello,
I visit this site once a while, and thought my story might help people looking for answer.

I am a Student aged 21 now. I came to this country 12 years ago as a dependent to my mother studying at the time, we lived here for 8 years with only 2.3 months out of this country and then we decided to leave the country as the home office did not allow us to extend our stay with no strong reason, we left the country summer 2009 and the home office had our passports for the entire previous year, when the passports returned we did not have a single stamp to prove we stayed legally, once we went back home, I applied for a student visa and got a confirmation after 5 months wait, after that I came to study here and applied for ILR.

My record :
Applied 20-nov-2012
confirmation : 24-nov-2012
biometric: 19-Jan-2013
ILR: 28-Aug-2013

I visited every solicitor that would talk for free first and all requested ~£1500 and they would take the case with %50 chance it might not work.
I simply applied my self and arranged all my documents all requested the missing files using the SAR request and I got the reply.

Every case is unique , there are bold margins that you can class a case on, and there are other margins that depends on the case workers own experience moral and rule book.

If you think you should be entitled to the ILR and have the right documents go ahead and don't listen to the useless comments others offer to make you give up.

Thanks for reading, I am writing this because I promised my self that I would tell my story once a result is out to help someone else, like the other stories that help me.

Thanks
Congratulation Mali and Thank you for sharing your story here. You had a long wait of 9 months, did you send any letter to home office to speed up your process? Your statement shows your mother lost ILR? did you try to go in appeal after refusal?
No, we just left, because they wanted to go back home

flash.khan
- thin ice -

Post by flash.khan » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:58 pm

I came to uk on tier 1 on 4rd feb, 2009 - Please let me know when i am eligible for ILR ?

I got FPN driving on hard shoulder in oct 2010(MW 10 ) and it was paid on time. didnt go to court - in my last extension , i mentioned it in the application , got approval but the words of case worker written on approval letter are as follows

" please note that fixed plenty notice stated on the application form is a criminal offence for Ukba purposes and will need to be declared on any further application"

Do you recommend to go for same day or paper application ? please advice either way --

dreamfriend

Post by dreamfriend » Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

After 31 weeks of wait finally received my ILR :)

Application sent: 28/01/2013
Acknowledgement letter: 5/02/2013
Biometrics letter received: 14/02/2013
Biometrics enrolled: 14/02/2013

Passports+docs Received: 04/09/2013
Biometric Card Received: Waiting

asjid73
Pakistan

Post by asjid73 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:43 am

dreamfriend wrote:After 31 weeks of wait finally received my ILR :)

Congratulation dreamfriend that was very long wait.
Was is it straightforward case or any complications share pl z.
ASJID

rajiv.80
Newly Registered

Post by rajiv.80 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:25 am

flash.khan wrote:I came to uk on tier 1 on 4rd feb, 2009 - Please let me know when i am eligible for ILR ?

I got FPN driving on hard shoulder in oct 2010(MW 10 ) and it was paid on time. didnt go to court - in my last extension , i mentioned it in the application , got approval but the words of case worker written on approval letter are as follows

" please note that fixed plenty notice stated on the application form is a criminal offence for Ukba purposes and will need to be declared on any further application"

Do you recommend to go for same day or paper application ? please advice either way --
. Your criminal record
We will carry out criminal record checks on all applications from people aged 10 and over.

You must also provide details of all civil proceedings which have resulted in a court order being made against you.

You must give details of all unspent criminal convictions. This includes road traffic offences but not fixed penalty notices (such as speeding or parking tickets) unless they were given in court. You must include all drink-driving offences. An explanation of unspent convictions is given below.

If you have an unspent conviction, your application for citizenship is unlikely to be successful. You should wait until the end of your rehabilitation period before applying. http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/briti ... character/

zabizabi

hello guys

Post by zabizabi » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:11 am

i assume they may finish most of cases before chrismas holidays :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

zabizabi

Post by zabizabi » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:13 am

thms wrote:STILL PENDING:

Sheng applied on 05/08/09 and is still waiting: now 29.3 weeks
Boonbin Applied on 10/08/09 and is still waiting: now 28.6 weeks
Croydon applied 17/08/09 and is still waiting: now 27.6 weeks
Kingie67 applied 17/08/09 and is still waiting: now 27.6 weeks
Foxy applied 24/08/09 and is still waiting: now 26.6 weeks
CLS appplied 27/08/09 and is still waiting: now 26.1 weeks
Terriblefish applied 08/09/09 and still waiting: now 24.4 weeks
Taylondon applied 11/09/09 and is still waiting: now 24.0 weeks
Dolf applied 24/08/09 and is still waiting: now 25.0 plus weeks
Thms applied 28/08/09 and is still waiting: now 27 weeks
you mean 2009 lol

amjadleeds
Member of Standing

Post by amjadleeds » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:19 am

dreamfriend wrote:After 31 weeks of wait finally received my ILR :)

Hi dreamfriend

congratulation, please pray for me , hope I will get too soon. I have applied Oct2012 still waiting.

Regards
Amjad