ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Some questions on form AN and checklist

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

imran22
Member of Standing

Some questions on form AN and checklist

Post by imran22 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:33 am

Hello members,

I am filling up my AN form and have some questions. I will be grateful if somebody can answer them. Apologies in advance for some silly questions but you know how nervous one can be while filling these forms.

1.9 Your present nationality
Should I write Pakistani or Pakistan?

2.1 Date and place of first arrival in the United Kingdom
I am writing the date when I came in the country as a student. As I switched to Tier-1 within the country this might not be applicable. There seems to be conflicting posts on the form regarding which date to use when someone switched the visa category.

3.1 What is your occupation?

I do two jobs one is my professional week day job and other is my part-time weekend job in retail. Do I need to mention both? Can I skip part-time job for simplicity? Please note I mentioned both for my Tier-1 visas and ILR.

Finally does everyone agree with the following minimum supporting documents?

• Passport
• Old Passports (to show 5 year residence)
• ILR BRP Card
• Marriage certificate
• Form AN for me and my wife
• Payment slip

I am planning to keep the following for NCS appointment as from previous forum entries they can ask all sorts of documents

• Driving License
• LIUK certificates (previously provided for settlement application)
• P60s

Can anyone else think of anything else?

Many thanks for your help

VR

Questions

Post by VR » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:24 am

1.9 Pakistan

2.1 Give the first date you landed and place (like Heathrow, Manchester ) which ever airport you came in .

3.1 Give only your regular job (night jobs, weekend jobs etc to be strictly personal :-))

3.2 Check page 15 of form AN and you will know the list of supporting docs needed.

If you are applying through NCS they will return all the originals after attesting them.

Original Life in UK test if not already produced for settlement (ILR)
The document provided as evidence of identity for the above test.
There are enough FAQ's in this section. Please go through them and relax and good luck.
cheers
vr

imran22
Member of Standing

Re: Questions

Post by imran22 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:47 pm

VR wrote:1.9 Pakistan

2.1 Give the first date you landed and place (like Heathrow, Manchester ) which ever airport you came in .

3.1 Give only your regular job (night jobs, weekend jobs etc to be strictly personal :-))

3.2 Check page 15 of form AN and you will know the list of supporting docs needed.

If you are applying through NCS they will return all the originals after attesting them.

Original Life in UK test if not already produced for settlement (ILR)
The document provided as evidence of identity for the above test.
There are enough FAQ's in this section. Please go through them and relax and good luck.
cheers
vr
Thanks again for reply VR

Couple more question. Can I reuse the photographs from last year that I used for my settlement application for the reference page? Does the same photo guidance apply to this page as well where the photo should not be older than 6 months old?

Also if I got my settlement on 15th October, 2012 can I go to NCS on 14th October, 2013. I asked them this question and they didn’t want to answer this question so by erring on the side of caution I booked the appointment on 15th October, 2013. I also thought if the NCS officer refuses to serve me on 14th October, 2013. Now I am thinking if I should reschedule it for 14th October, 2013.

VR

Friendly advise

Post by VR » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:20 pm

Imran22,

Life is short. Always KISS. (Keep it Simple and Straight). No KICKS (Keeping it Complicated and Kill the Success). 1 day is not the end of the world. What difference is it going to make.

Refer page 10 here for the guidance on photograph
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... ide_an.pdf

The reason you give the latest photograph is for your own benefit . Assuming you lost your hair in the last 3 months and you choose to affix an old photo with flowing locks you are likely to be stopped in transit when you are on an urgent trip.

As per the link above you will see you will be fine even if you submit the 6month old photo.
cheers
vr

imran22
Member of Standing

Post by imran22 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:06 am

Hello members I am back again with a silly question

3.4 Address of employer or business

On my P60 the employer’s registered address is different to where I am based. How should I tackle this issue? Should I put my employer’s registered address under this question and put the address where I am based as my work address in further information section. Or do you think it should be other way around?