ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR postal applications (excluding 10/14 yr.)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Mostar95
- thin ice -

Re: ILR in 3 months

Post by Mostar95 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:26 am

ilr-tracker wrote:Hi,
1. Did he had dependants
2. Was application based on full 5ys on Tier-1
Mostar95 wrote:My friend got his ILR in three months - he applied in May and got it on 29 August.

His wife was main applicant and they have two kids. Yes they came to UK in 2008 on HSMP.

zangmiko27
Newly Registered

Re: november 2012

Post by zangmiko27 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:25 am

bl2013 wrote:Hi all,

I am november 12 applicant and still waiting to hear from UKBA,
biometrics done mid jan 13.

I called them about 1 week ago and as usual not completed yet then told me that they intend to complete by end of september.
hi there,

i am nov.12 applicant too 1 week ago my mp sent an email to ukba to follow up my application and ukba response that the decision on my application is imminent and approximately i will recieved the desiscion in a few weeks but still there is no guarantee..

i just hope and pray that i can recieved that this week..

ranadawood

Post by ranadawood » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:43 am

Hi zangmiko27,

Which address you used to send email to UKBA?

bl2013 wrote:
Hi all,

I called them about 1 week ago and as usual not completed yet then told me that they intend to complete by end of september.

hi there,

i am nov.12 applicant too 1 week ago my mp sent an email to ukba to follow up my application and ukba response that the decision on my application is imminent and approximately i will recieved the desiscion in a few weeks but still there is no guarantee..

zangmiko27
Newly Registered

Post by zangmiko27 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:02 pm

ranadawood wrote:Hi zangmiko27,

Which address you used to send email to UKBA?

hi ranadawood,

my mp forward to me the email he recieved from ukba,i really don't know what email address of ukba my mp used coz even me i sent some emails to ukba but i didn't get any response from them.
bl2013 wrote:
Hi all,

hi there,

Anthopogon

Post by Anthopogon » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:33 pm

Finally, received approval letter from UKBA today. Date on letter is 31/08/2013.
Thank you all for your support and valuable suggestions. I wish all the best for those who are still waiting.

[quote="Anthopogon"]Application Type: SET (O) 2 Years HSMP + 3 years Tier 1 (General)

Application Received : 02/01/2013

Acknowledgement Letter Received: 05/01/2013

Bio Invitation on Dated: 15/01/2013

Bio attended: 26/01/2013

ILR decision: Waiting

ONLY 7 MONTHS AND 26 DAYS SO FAR[/quote]

ranadawood

Post by ranadawood » Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:31 pm

HI Anthopogon,

Congrulations it seem that January application is started now.

Did anyone call today UKBA and ask which month they are processing now?

Thanks
Finally, received approval letter from UKBA today. Date on letter is 31/08/2013.
Thank you all for your support and valuable suggestions. I wish all the best for those who are still waiting.

Anthopogon wrote:Application Type: SET (O) 2 Years HSMP + 3 years Tier 1 (General)

ONLY 7 MONTHS AND 26 DAYS SO FAR

jojybaba

Post by jojybaba » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:17 am

Congr,,,,

for long wait like most of us now over 6 months,,is this mean our application is not consider yet or any checks going on,,,what you think,,,some application decided in 3 months,,in our long processing is there any verification etc,as they reached now on jan application

ranadawood wrote:HI Anthopogon,

Congrulations it seem that January application is started now.

Did anyone call today UKBA and ask which month they are processing now?

Thanks

Anthopogon wrote:Application Type: SET (O) 2 Years HSMP + 3 years Tier 1 (General)

ONLY 7 MONTHS AND 26 DAYS SO FAR

Hoop
Newly Registered

March 2013 IlR Postal Application

Post by Hoop » Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:51 pm

Application Type: SET (O) 2 Years HSMP + 3 years Tier 1 (General)

Application Received : 05/03/2013

Bio Invitation on Dated: 15/03/2013

Bio attended: 15/03/2013

Dependants: 3

crossbow
Newly Registered

rejection - qn

Post by crossbow » Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:25 pm

Hi all

I have been waiting since 4+ months for my SET(O) application decision. Just have a query about the rejection procedure.

If an ILR application is rejected,
Do all the cases get a chance to appeal?
How long do we get to appeal?
Can we stay in the UK while appealing?

Not being a pessimist but I am asking just out of curiosity, as this kind of information is not available in UKBA site.

Thanks

onabanjo

Re: rejection - qn

Post by onabanjo » Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:44 pm

crossbow wrote:Hi all

I have been waiting since 4+ months for my SET(O) application decision. Just have a query about the rejection procedure.

Not being a pessimist but I am asking just out of curiosity, as this kind of information is not available in UKBA site.

Thanks
You are indeed a pessimist .Common relax,four months is nothing much to worry about.I guess you are an ardent follower of this forum and have been following other people experiences.In case you dont know,currently the average waiting period for postal application is 8months and that does not mean those whose applications are decided after 8 months are rejected. You need to stay positive and avoid raising your blood pressure over issues that do not exist at least for now .

You have no reason to ask for enquiry on appeal or rejection.Was the purpose of your application for approval or rejection.I guess you are waiting for approval. While waiting for the approval, pray over it.

Honestly, I hate to respond to posts like yours, i only do it now because i have just few minutes to respond to it and to encourage you to think positive and stay focus .

Thanks and BEST OF LUCK
Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

crossbow
Newly Registered

Re: rejection - qn

Post by crossbow » Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:50 pm

Thanks onabanjo for the reply.
Of course, I am hoping for the best and didn't mean to let any one down with my query about refusal.

And I am not worrying at all about my 4 months' wait - as you have guessed, I am an ardent follower of this topic and I understand it's taking almost 8-10 months. I am very relaxed about the fact as well - no pressure :)

I just thought it's no wrong to ask something that I don't have an answer to, in a forum with such a knowledge, but if I have sounded negative, please accept my apologies.
onabanjo wrote:
crossbow wrote:Hi all

Thanks
You are indeed a pessimist .Common relax,four months is nothing much to worry about.I guess you are an ardent follower of this forum and have been following other people experiences.In case you dont know,currently the average waiting period for postal application is 8months and that does not mean those whose applications are decided after 8 months are rejected. You need to stay positive and avoid raising your blood pressure over issues that do not exist at least for now .

You have no reason to ask for enquiry on appeal or rejection.Was the purpose of your application for approval or rejection.I guess you are waiting for approval. While waiting for the approval, pray over it.

Honestly, I hate to respond to posts like yours, i only do it now because i have just few minutes to respond to it and to encourage you to think positive and stay focus .

Thanks and BEST OF LUCK

saigonais
Newly Registered

Post by saigonais » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:07 pm

Hi, I'm a silent reader, below is my timeline:

Application Type: SET (O) 3 Years Work Permit + 2 years Tier 2 (General)
Posting Date: 20/03/2013
Bio Submitted: 11/04/2013
Approval Letter & document received: 04 Sept 2013
Bio received: 04 Sept 2013

I didn't submit any P60.

onabanjo

Post by onabanjo » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:45 pm

saigonais wrote:Hi, I'm a silent reader, below is my timeline:

I didn't submit any P60.
Congratulations. Enjoy your ILR,
Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

ilr-tracker

Post by ilr-tracker » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:21 am

Thats an exellent news.. March applications being processed and prosseing time falling within 6 months SLA.
One question ..did you then submit HMRC employment record or salary slips for the period you where on WP.

Thnaks.

I didn't submit any P60.
Make this world a better place to live

iceCold

Post by iceCold » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:29 pm

I didn't submit any P60.

Applicants from Dec, Jan, Feb are still waiting and how did you manage?
Did you expedite your process? Is your spouse British ?

saigonais
Newly Registered

Post by saigonais » Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:03 pm

[quote="ilr-tracker"]Thats an exellent news.. March applications being processed and prosseing time falling within 6 months SLA.
One question ..did you then submit HMRC employment record or salary slips for the period you where on WP.

Thnaks.

I just submitted bank statements and salary slips for the last 3 months before the posting day as requested.

saigonais
Newly Registered

Post by saigonais » Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:09 pm

iceCold wrote:

I didn't submit any P60.

Hi IceCold, I didn't do any special thing, just posted and waited. I don't have a British spouse. Maybe my case is just so simple, 5 years working for 1 company. Oh I did submit the previous UKBA approval letters and work permit.

racinglord
Newly Registered

Post by racinglord » Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:01 pm

Hi,

I have been a silent reader on this forum. My timeline is

ILR SET(O): 2 years WP + 3 years Tier1 (Gen) with 1 dependent
Application recieved: 21/02/13
Biometric done: 06/03/13
Waiting....

Last week I called UKBA after they breached 6 months SLA. They said that my application has not been looked at yet and they are currently processing Nov applications.

I called them again today and they said that my application is "awaiting consideration". When I mentioned that we can't rent a house, travel for work etc. he said that they are currently processing December applications and my application status is "awaiting consideration".

This is different than what people mentioned earlier and FOI that they are processing Jan apps.

iceCold

Post by iceCold » Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:32 pm

saigonais wrote:
iceCold wrote:

I didn't submit any P60.

Hi IceCold, I didn't do any special thing, just posted and waited. I don't have a British spouse. Maybe my case is just so simple, 5 years working for 1 company. Oh I did submit the previous UKBA approval letters and work permit.
Just got lucky then, congrats buddy, must be a relief. I feel like I am on house arrest without my passport..:(

Anthopogon

Post by Anthopogon » Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:06 am

Thanks Onabanjo
Good Luck for everyone who are still waiting. Its very frustrating to wait and wait and wait.
onabanjo wrote:

I didn't submit any P60.
Congratulations. Enjoy your ILR,

veejaysea
Newly Registered

Re: MP letter

Post by veejaysea » Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:11 am

Hello All,

I know I have felt jealous seeing other people's approval - but mine came yesterday, dated 02/09/2013! Still no Biometric Residence Permit, but have rescheduled the TheDX to deliver next week.

It is unclear if the MP's letter helped, given the time between receiving it and this response - but the good news (the silver lining for all these clouds) is that January applications are being looked at, and that this is quicker than other Set(O)s of the HSMP/Tier 1 variety I've seen here. From Friday the 18th of January to Monday the 2nd of September is 7.5 months (or 32 weeks, or 227 days!) - so well in excess of the 6 months, but just so good to have my beloved passport again.

Will certainly be using Nationality Checking Service when I have the nerve to apply for my UK Citizenship.

Good luck to all, and thanks for sharing your information here, it's been a comfort to me.

Veejaysea
veejaysea wrote:
ranadawood wrote:Hi veejaysea,

How long took your MP to respond and home office to your MP?

Would you mind to give some time line ?

Thanks

Hi ranadawood,

My timeline:

Application (HSMP/Tier 1) = 18 Jan 2013
Payment /confirmatoin = 21 Jan 2013
Biometrics done = 14 Feb 2013

So 6 months elapsed 22 Jul 2013. I contacted UKBA later on 24 Jul 2013, who said they were processing November applications.

I then emailed my MP the same day, then provided further information - MP contacted UKBA by 24 Jul 2013. UKBA response received from MP on 07 Aug 2013, then posted here.

No news yet, but will post here if I ever hear anything.

Still nothing

manoharlinux
Newly Registered

November 2012 application for ILR

Post by manoharlinux » Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:37 pm

i applied for ILR in the month of Nov 2012 and I am still waiting for my ILR , I did my Bio in Jan 2013.

I asked freedom of Info about some details and here they are
==================
1) How many postal ILR applications for form set(o) were received in November 2012?
>>There were 2248 SET (O) applications received in November 2012.
2) Of these how many have been issued?
>>1662 applications have been issued
3) For those not issued how many are actively being looked at by a case worker.
>>586 applications are being considered by a case owner.
4) Is there any maximum limit on days a case worker have to finish an actively looked into case?
>>There is no maximum period for a case owner to consider an application. Each application is different and considered under its own merit. Some will take longer to consider than others.

========================

Did any one had any luck with "Ombudsman’s " site..what else can i do?

Any help.. can we start a petition ..what do you think , can we get 100000 hits
http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/how-it-works

Ta,
Mano

onabanjo

Re: MP letter

Post by onabanjo » Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:06 pm

Congratulations. Enjoy your ILR
veejaysea wrote:Hello All,

I know I have felt jealous seeing other people's approval - but mine came yesterday, dated 02/09/2013! Still no Biometric Residence Permit, but have rescheduled the TheDX to deliver next week.

It is unclear if the MP's letter helped, given the time between receiving it and this response - but the good news (the silver lining for all these clouds) is that January applications are being looked at, and that this is quicker than other Set(O)s of the HSMP/Tier 1 variety I've seen here. From Friday the 18th of January to Monday the 2nd of September is 7.5 months (or 32 weeks, or 227 days!) - so well in excess of the 6 months, but just so good to have my beloved passport again.

Will certainly be using Nationality Checking Service when I have the nerve to apply for my UK Citizenship.

Good luck to all, and thanks for sharing your information here, it's been a comfort to me.

Veejaysea
veejaysea wrote:
ranadawood wrote:Hi veejaysea,

How long took your MP to respond and home office to your MP?

Would you mind to give some time line ?

Thanks

Hi ranadawood,

My timeline:

Application (HSMP/Tier 1) = 18 Jan 2013
Payment /confirmatoin = 21 Jan 2013
Biometrics done = 14 Feb 2013

So 6 months elapsed 22 Jul 2013. I contacted UKBA later on 24 Jul 2013, who said they were processing November applications.

I then emailed my MP the same day, then provided further information - MP contacted UKBA by 24 Jul 2013. UKBA response received from MP on 07 Aug 2013, then posted here.

No news yet, but will post here if I ever hear anything.

Still nothing

sundis
Newly Registered

Post by sundis » Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:14 pm

Hi Guys,

Finally I got my ILR letter today after more than 8 months wait.

My timeline was as follows:
ILR application date : 20 Dec 2012
Biometrics enrolled : 26 Jan 2013

I tried to expedite my application in May 2013 but was refused, I also contacted my MP twice but all he can go is to write to them about the status of my application.

If anybody who wants to contact the home office , they can contact on 08706067766 wait for the woman voice then press 3 on the keypad and then wait again for the voice and press 3. This way you don't have to listen to all the crap.

My experience over the 8 months of wait has been the worse time in my life since I came to UK. I would advise anybody applying in the future to go for the premium service if they want to escape the torture from the home office.

All the people who are still waiting, I wish them good luck. I will keep on checking this forum and will provide any advice where I can.

Cheers

kari1967
Newly Registered

ILR Approval

Post by kari1967 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:26 pm

Dear Forum Members,

After 07 months waiting I got the approval. I received my documents back today.(07/09/2013) Bio metric cards were returned yesterday as no body to collect them, will re deliver Monday.

date of application; 08/02/2013
Bio metric : 28/02/2013
SET (o) HSMP JR

My MP gave me a support letter and I also made a request to to expedite my case. All documents faxed to dedicated fax line ( 0870 336 9405 ) I do believe that worked for me.

Explain your difficulties,frustrations,tension etc. use the above no: They will hear you.

Nothing impossible.Keep hopes alive