ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

JaveriaK
Newly Registered

Post by JaveriaK » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:56 pm

Dear  Mrs. Khan,

Thank you for your email of 30 August 2013 enquiring about the progress of your husband’s application. I can confirm that this case is currently being processed but we cannot make a decision until all of our checks have been completed. We will do this as we can but cannot give you precise timeframe in this respect.

We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum.  

Yours sincerely,

NAK
Correspondence Team
International Operations and Visas
 UK Visas and Immigration
British High Commission  Diplomatic Enclave, Ramna 5, Islamabad, Pakistan
Email: visaenquiries.islamabad@fco.gov.uk
Web: www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration   www.gov.uk/world/pakistan

Just had this standard reply to my email. Think they just keep saying this to me to pass time. How many checks do they want to complete. Theyre not seeming to end.

HELLO786
Member of Standing

Post by HELLO786 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:05 pm

They say the same thing to everyone regarding checks to pass time
Applied online 15/9/15
Biometrics mirpur 17/9/15
Documents confirmation November

fareed143n
Newly Registered

Post by fareed143n » Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:42 pm

Applied: 22 may 2013 rFC: 05 sep 2013, visa granted, thanks god. Ur prayers.

Forlorn

Post by Forlorn » Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:42 pm

JaveriaK wrote:Dear  Mrs. Khan,

Thank you for your email of 30 August 2013 enquiring about the progress of your husband’s application. I can confirm that this case is currently being processed but we cannot make a decision until all of our checks have been completed. We will do this as we can but cannot give you precise timeframe in this respect.

We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum.  

Yours sincerely,

NAK
Correspondence Team
 UK Visas and Immigration

Just had this standard reply to my email. Think they just keep saying this to me to pass time. How many checks do they want to complete. Theyre not seeming to end.
How many times u e-mail them,and after how many days they reply to u?
Applied at 04/12/12
Under process at BHC 18/12/12
RFC : 05/03/13
RE-Applied at 19/07/13
Under process at BHC 01/08/13
RFC : inshallah positive result soon

JaveriaK
Newly Registered

Post by JaveriaK » Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:53 pm

Forlorn wrote:
JaveriaK wrote:Dear  Mrs. Khan,

Yours sincerely,

NAK
Correspondence Team
 UK Visas and Immigration

How many times u e-mail them,and after how many days they reply to u?
I emailed them a couple of weeks ago and they didnt reply. So i emailed them again last Friday and they replied to me today.

abidabzhussain
Member of Standing

Visa Granted

Post by abidabzhussain » Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:25 pm

i Applied on 16/05/2013

got RFC today at around 11:30am .... Total Days 113 , 76 working days (Weekends , Bank holidays , Eid holidays and Independence Day Holiday)

i was in Lahore on business and had to rush back to ISB Gerry before they close @5pm.. i just managed to get in last second and it was empty.. and i got passport within 1 minute

Alhamdulillah ,VISA granted ..... it was stamped yesterday 04-09-2013 in Islamabad and was delivered to me in one day...

I pray for all of you ....IA Allah bless you all with good news ....

( when some of my friends on this forum from MAY recieved visa few weeks ago i was worried why i was getting late etc diff thoughts coming to mind but the thing is each application differs , in my application , i had been to uk previously as a student so i think more checks were formed , my partner works in small firm so that also calls for more checks , check was made in my union council to verify Nikkah, so things do take time , All is well when END is well.)...

:)
Nasro MinAllah hee wa fatahun qareeb

Applied : 16/05/2013
Visa stamp : 04/09/2013 , in Islamabad
RFC & Collected : 05/09/2013.. Visa Granted

Humybe7709

Post by Humybe7709 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:05 pm

fareed143n wrote:Applied: 22 may 2013 rFC: 05 sep 2013, visa granted, thanks god. Ur prayers.
Congratulations!!! Where did you apply from ;-)
Applied from Islamabad 3/05/13
Application Under Process at BHC 16/05/13
RFC 18/10/13
VISA GRANTED 15/10/13

Humybe7709

Re: Visa Granted

Post by Humybe7709 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:09 pm

abidabzhussain wrote:i Applied on 16/05/2013

got RFC today at around 11:30am .... Total Days 113 , 76 working days (Weekends , Bank holidays , Eid holidays and Independence Day Holiday)

i was in Lahore on business and had to rush back to ISB Gerry before they close @5pm.. i just managed to get in last second and it was empty.. and i got passport within 1 minute

Alhamdulillah ,VISA granted ..... it was stamped yesterday 04-09-2013 in Islamabad and was delivered to me in one day...

( when some of my friends on this forum from MAY recieved visa few weeks ago i was worried why i was getting late etc diff thoughts coming to mind but the thing is each application differs , in my application , i had been to uk previously as a student so i think more checks were formed , my partner works in small firm so that also calls for more checks , check was made in my union council to verify Nikkah, so things do take time , All is well when END is well.)...

Congratulations !!
So happy for you :-) my husband was a student in UK too but he over stayed and I'm so worried when he will come :-(
I informed my solicitor to go ahead and write to BHC as I can't wait any longer
RFC 18/10/13
VISA GRANTED 15/10/13

abidabzhussain
Member of Standing

Post by abidabzhussain » Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:11 pm

If you declared he over stayed and sent his old passport and didnt hide anything ,,

then nothing can deny him spouse visa IA .. duas for u

iKal

Post by iKal » Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:12 pm

iyanu wrote:@iKal, where did get this information from? I believe every spouse visa issued are initially for 33 months (2.8 years)...It was assumed that immigrant can take between 1- 3 months to travel so that they can still have 30 months (2.5 years) available for them before they apply for a further Leave to Remain, which will now be exactly 30 months (2.5 years) after that they can now apply for Indefinite Leave To Remain.

I believe it is 33 months initially and that gives you 3 months to prepare ... you don't have to jump immediately ... It is important that people are not misled about this as there may still be some important stuffs to clear before they travel ... you do not have to rush to the UK please.

See Applications from outside the UK here from UKBA website:

If your visa application is successful, we will grant you a visa for 33 months. Shortly before the end of that period, you can apply for further leave to remain in the UK. If you still meet the requirements you will be granted permission to stay for a further period of 30 months. Once you have completed 5 years in the UK, as the partner of someone who is a British citizen or settled in the UK, you can apply to settle here. This is known as 'indefinite leave to remain

Can somebody who has recently been granted settlement visa confirm how many months was stamped on his/her visa please?

Please let other people contribute on this as well.
oh ok thats great... maybe he just said it to my wife so that she can leave asap xD lol he must of said it in my favour then... if thats the case then i apologise people :$... i did tell him about her shopping plans and the fact that she wants to delay it abit by 3/4 weeks, so maybe he told her to leave within 15 days so that i dont have to wait long lol

zebi112
Newly Registered

Post by zebi112 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:10 pm

Humybe7709 wrote:

Congratulations !!
So happy for you :-) my husband was a student in UK too but he over stayed and I'm so worried when he will come :-(
I think that's not a big issue. i just deported in March and i apply in June and i got visa. So on a spouse visa application no problem.

zebi112
Newly Registered

Post by zebi112 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:15 pm

Congratulation. And ALLAH keeps u happy in the Future.

Humybe7709

Post by Humybe7709 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:05 pm

zebi112 wrote:
Humybe7709 wrote:

Congratulations !!
I think that's not a big issue. i just deported in March and i apply in June and i got visa. So on a spouse visa application no problem.
My husband wasn't deported but wonder why it's taken soooooo long :(
RFC 18/10/13
VISA GRANTED 15/10/13

amasud17
Newly Registered

Post by amasud17 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:04 pm

Last edited by amasud17 on Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

fareed143n
Newly Registered

Post by fareed143n » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:06 pm

Humybe7709 wrote:
fareed143n wrote:Applied: 22 may 2013 rFC: 05 sep 2013, visa granted, thanks god. Ur prayers.
Congratulations!!! Where did you apply from ;-)

I applied from mirpur: 22 may 2013
RFC and Collected : 5 sep 2013

I was student in Sweden, and i have been in UK everymonth for three days. Now my visa of sweden was also expiring on 30 September. I was thinking if i am not getting UK visa, i should go back to apply swedish visa, i was really worried b/c april aplicants also were not answered. and also i was having full time job in sweden from where i was on vacation. but allah almighty accepted my effort.

although He is meciful on human kind.

Thanks for everyone to help in each phase.

moreover i just saw website at 2:45, and took bath by thinking to go out for eating, suddenly i saw a msg at 3:20 from UKvisa, i reached in jerrry within 20 minutes. in the meanwhile my wife also saw website and tried to contact me.

fareed143n
Newly Registered

Post by fareed143n » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:11 pm

iKal wrote:
iyanu wrote:@iKal, where did get this information from? I believe every spouse visa issued are initially for 33 months (2.8 years)...It was assumed that immigrant can take between 1- 3 months to travel so that they can still have 30 months (2.5 years) available for them before they apply for a further Leave to Remain, which will now be exactly 30 months (2.5 years) after that they can now apply for Indefinite Leave To Remain.

I believe it is 33 months initially and that gives you 3 months to prepare ... you don't have to jump immediately ... It is important that people are not misled about this as there may still be some important stuffs to clear before they travel ... you do not have to rush to the UK please.

If your visa application is successful, we will grant you a visa for 33 months. Shortly before the end of that period, you can apply for further leave to remain in the UK. If you still meet the requirements you will be granted permission to stay for a further period of 30 months. Once you have completed 5 years in the UK, as the partner of someone who is a British citizen or settled in the UK, you can apply to settle here. This is known as 'indefinite leave to remain

Can somebody who has recently been granted settlement visa confirm how many months was stamped on his/her visa please?

oh ok thats great... maybe he just said it to my wife so that she can leave asap xD lol he must of said it in my favour then... if thats the case then i apologise people :$... i did tell him about her shopping plans and the fact that she wants to delay it abit by 3/4 weeks, so maybe he told her to leave within 15 days so that i dont have to wait long lol

visa is 33 months and after this again 30 months we will get and in total we need to stay 5 years to apply indefinte leave to remain.

eftred
Newly Registered

Post by eftred » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:38 pm

fareed143n wrote:
eftred wrote:
HELLO786 wrote:
eftred wrote:Hello,

Received an RFC text today. Do we need to make an appointment at Gerry's to collect or is there a waiting period or can collections be made straight away within the time frame specified which it says is Mon - Fri between 2pm and 3pm...Dont want to turn up and leave empty handed due to a petty excuse

Thanks
MashaAllah. All the best. What time did u receive text?
Also like forlorn advised I would just go 2-5
It was received this morning about 10am pakistan time I think. Going to collect tomorrow. It will work out for the best inshallah.

Thanks

we are waiting for ur hopeful responce. May allah give us sabr.
Our visa has also been granted. Looking forward to starting a new life together very soon.

Thanks to everyone for their help on here and all the best for the future.

abidabzhussain
Member of Standing

Post by abidabzhussain » Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:09 am

Alhamdulillah yesterday many people got visas.

iA soon now end April will get a lot of rfcs

duas for u all...

just to clarify do I need to carry old passport along with new? Like staple them????

iyanu
Member of Standing
Nigeria

Post by iyanu » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:01 am

iKal wrote:

@iKal, LOL! You are a very humorous man; Any way you look at it, at the end of the day it worked for you perfectly. Congrats one more time.

tallojani

Post by tallojani » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:17 am

I emailed them and got the standard reply back.

Thank you for your email of 04 September 2013 enquiring about the progress of your wife’s application. I can confirm that your Mrs's case is currently being processed but we cannot make a decision until all of our checks have been completed. We will do this as soon as we can but cannot give you precise timeframe in this respect.

You can check the progress of your application via Gerry’s website

Yours sincerely,
May Allah swt make it easy for us all

Forlorn

Post by Forlorn » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:18 am

tallojani wrote:I emailed them and got the standard reply back.

Thank you for your email of 04 September 2013 enquiring about the progress of your wife’s application. I can confirm that your Mrs's case is currently being processed but we cannot make a decision until all of our checks have been completed. We will do this as soon as we can but cannot give you precise timeframe in this respect.

Yours sincerely,
After how many days u got reply?
Applied at 04/12/12
RE-Applied at 19/07/13

Humybe7709

Post by Humybe7709 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:23 am

Yours sincerely,
I got the same shit reply today too
RFC 18/10/13
VISA GRANTED 15/10/13

Forlorn

Post by Forlorn » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:25 am

Humybe7709 wrote:

Yours sincerely,
U people lucky u got reply otherwise they don't reply to anyone :wink:
Applied at 04/12/12
RE-Applied at 19/07/13

Humybe7709

Post by Humybe7709 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:49 am

Forlorn wrote:
Humybe7709 wrote:

Yours sincerely,
U people lucky u got reply otherwise they don't reply to anyone :wink:
I send them the same email again again and again ...
Copy and paste :D
RFC 18/10/13
VISA GRANTED 15/10/13

abidabzhussain
Member of Standing

Post by abidabzhussain » Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:27 am

For quick response..

Email gerrys manager and tell h to forward it to embassy.

then they reply in 2 days not 20 days