ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

filled i-130 in london then they sent to usa

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

uksponge
Newly Registered

filled i-130 in london then they sent to usa

Post by uksponge » Fri May 04, 2007 9:32 am

i filled my i-130 with london then they sent me a letter saying my wife hasnt been in the country long enough to qualifi for consular processing.so THEY sent my application to the USA.i have no idea where it was sent and i have not recieved any comunication since.it has now been 2 months since i originally sent to london.anyone have any idea who to contact or how long it might be...many thanks.

uksponge
Newly Registered

Post by uksponge » Fri May 18, 2007 7:10 pm

just got off the phone to the texas service center where the london embassy sent my I-130..guess what they have no record of recieving my I-130 and sais that i should send the forms again....great 2 months of wasted time.

Birdy

Post by Birdy » Fri May 25, 2007 1:26 pm

Hey UKsponge a couple of questions how long had your wife been inthe country when you filed as i am coming to the uk from Ireland myself being a uk citizen and my wife us. this is out of curiousity more than anything else
Happy now in the U.K. not so happy about the Rugby

Marco 72
Diamond Member

Post by Marco 72 » Fri May 25, 2007 1:28 pm

In order to file in London the US citizen must be either a UK permanent resident or a dual US/British citizen.

uksponge
Newly Registered

Post by uksponge » Mon Jun 04, 2007 4:14 pm

my wife had only had her remain to leave visa since jan 2007.i reposted all the petitions to the usa again on friday.and my wifes mother got a package the same day from the california office saying i had to resubmit all the paper work as it only had 1 copy of each g-325a and the credit card payment form for the uk.how strange is that for saying that only a week before they told me they couldnt find my petition in the system and resend all the paperwork....so what do i do i now have a WAC NUMBER should i just leave the application with the rejection and let the one i just posted carry on or should what the hell to do....

Marco 72
Diamond Member

Post by Marco 72 » Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:14 am

I would advise you to resubmit in London as soon as your wife has been here longer than six months. According to new rules published in March, it is now possible to file abroad if the US citizen petitioner has been a continuous resident in that country for at least six months. Before they used to require permanent residence or dual citizenship.

uksponge
Newly Registered

Post by uksponge » Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:59 pm

i reposted 1-130 g-325a again with the texas office.lets see what happens this time.i might also apply with the uk embassy again after the wifes had her remain to leave 6 months.see what happens with that.