ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Dependant for newborn outside UK - maintenance

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

happycamper19

Tier 1 Dependant for newborn outside UK - maintenance

Post by happycamper19 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:44 pm

Hello there,

I have been on Tier 1 General for almost 3.5 years. My wife and I are expecting a child who will be born outside UK. Can anyone pls clarify what the maintenance requirement is: GBP 600 or 1,600? At the moment the child is born, I will be with my wife outside the UK.

I would be very grateful for any informed answers.

Respectfully yours,

bubin123
Member of Standing

Post by bubin123 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:30 pm

It will be £600 since the main applicant (you) lived in UK for more than 12 months....

happycamper19

Post by happycamper19 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:33 pm

bubin123 wrote:It will be £600 since the main applicant (you) lived in UK for more than 12 months....

Thank you for your answer. Just to clarify, for that purpose, whether at the time I am physically inside or outside the UK is irrelevant. Is that correct?

bubin123
Member of Standing

Post by bubin123 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:02 pm

That's correct...

vinny

Child born when parents turn ILR eligible: is baby eligible?

Post by vinny » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:01 am

MadNomad wrote:Hello there,

We are expecting a child. When the baby is born, he/she obviously will not have been UK resident for 5 years (that are required for ILR). However, my wife and I will have our 5 year residency requirement by that time. I will be the principal ILR applicant. The child will have non-UK citizenship as we plan to give birth outside the UK.

With regards to the newborn, will the child have to wait for 5 years before he/she qualifies, even though the parents and siblings have ILR? or will the child be eligible automatically once the parents qualify for ILR?

I would be grateful for any advice. This is a tricky area that I have not thought about before.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:13 am

Child may apply for a PBS dependant visa (319C).
Child may be included in parents' ILR application (319J).
Child may register for British citizenship at the same time as a parent.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:40 am

In your situation, if the child is born in UK and subsequently you get ILR, your child will be ENTITLED to Register as a British citizen the moment you get your ILR, and this is a much straightforward process as BC is the child's entitlement,

whereas,
if the child is born outside the UK and subsequently you get ILR, your child can apply to Register as a British citizen, to be approved upon discretion by the home secretary, which is not as straightforward process.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.