ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

masterk
Newly Registered

EEA

Post by masterk » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:26 pm

I am a non eu citizen studying in london and my wife is an eu citizen,we got married in africa this year and we have all our documents sent to ukba via our solicitor

we got a letter certifying that they got our application and money has been taken from the account and that it wil be passed to a case worker but

1) the letter was not a COA
2)it was addressed in my wifes name EEA1
3)why didnt i get a letter for EEA2 on my name?
4)Now we have change our house because she got a better job far away and would be expensive travelling

Should we write them that we have change our address and provide her payslips and new bank statements?

Pls i need advise and i dont want this whole change of house and job issue to affect my application as my current student visa runs out in 1 month time and application posted just a month ago

pls advise and thanks in advance guys

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Re: EEA

Post by askmeplz82 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:44 pm

masterk wrote:I am a non eu citizen studying in london and my wife is an eu citizen,we got married in africa this year and we have all our documents sent to ukba via our solicitor

we got a letter certifying that they got our application and money has been taken from the account and that it wil be passed to a case worker but

4)Now we have change our house because she got a better job far away and would be expensive travelling

Should we write them that we have change our address and provide her payslips and new bank statements?

Pls i need advise and i dont want this whole change of house and job issue to affect my application as my current student visa runs out in 1 month time and application posted just a month ago

well i would advise you both to use one address at least for one year in the UK

they normally send all the documents in EU national name. In my case they send everything in my wife name

EEA2 is not compulsory as long your wife is exercising treaty right in the UK you can continue to live here even when your student visa expired but people apply for EEA2 resident card for various reason
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

masterk
Newly Registered

Post by masterk » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:56 pm

Thanks for the response,thats where i am confused,why didnt they issue the EEA1 letter even if we applied for both,they replied one EEA 2 and no letterwas issued for EEA 1,we sent both in the same packaging,i just need to be rest assured that they will also consider my application and do you have the idea of how long the determine cases now?

i asked because we would like to go on holidays by december and also,also do you think this whole address issue could cause any issue?

Thanks for the response anyways.

masterk
Newly Registered

Post by masterk » Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:35 am

guys pls help with advise if you have

EUsmileWEallsmile

Re: EEA

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:56 pm

masterk wrote:I am a non eu citizen studying in london and my wife is an eu citizen,we got married in africa this year and we have all our documents sent to ukba via our solicitor

There are two separate applications. EEA1 are given priority by law. COA must also be issued immediately. Correspondence will generally be addressed to the applicant.

You can use post office mail forwarding service and can update your address with UKBA.

Aine002

Post by Aine002 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:42 pm

They will issue you're COA, and send it later. We got our one after 10 days from the moment we received letter that they got our fee and papers has been forward to case worker.

If you change you're address, you should let them know, but on the other hand my friend did that but his documents were still send to old address.

masterk
Newly Registered

Post by masterk » Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:10 am

Coa not yet issued,letter to proof they took money is issued and I'm sending a new payslip of new job,new address and bank statement with new address on it . will that be sufficient? Thanks for ur responses though I do appreciate

masterk
Newly Registered

eea 2 granted

Post by masterk » Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:15 pm

My wife EEA1 was granted today but and all documents was sent but my passport and the wedding certificate is still with them,does that mean that they are not going to grant my application.

I expect to receive everything together why didnt they sent my passport alongside pls advice what should i do?

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Re: eea 2 granted

Post by sheraz7 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:29 pm

masterk wrote:My wife EEA1 was granted today but and all documents was sent but my passport and the wedding certificate is still with them,does that mean that they are not going to grant my application.

I expect to receive everything together why didnt they sent my passport alongside pls advice what should i do?
Issuance of EEA1 registration certificate indicates that EEA national got its confirmation of being qualified person which can at least give you peace of mind not to have problem regarding EEA national's treaty rights. Perhaps they checking or verifying the overseas wedding certificate and your relationship with EEA national.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

masterk
Newly Registered

eea 2 granted

Post by masterk » Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:04 pm

So does that mean i have 90 chance of getting my permit?my wedding was 100% authentic,myself and my wife travelled to my country for our wedding in the presence of my parent,we provided all proof that we travelled together and wedding certicate was original so what how long do you guys think this will take them to verify?

Thanks guys .

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Re: eea 2 granted

Post by sheraz7 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:42 pm

masterk wrote:So does that mean i have 90 chance of getting my permit?my wedding was 100% authentic,myself and my wife travelled to my country for our wedding in the presence of my parent,we provided all proof that we travelled together and wedding certicate was original so what how long do you guys think this will take them to verify?

Thanks guys .
EEA1 is processed more promptly. Most often the issuance of EEA1 is a good sign over EEA2 application but still UKBA can still carry out all necessary steps to ensure that relationship is genuine and in many occasions since 2013 inviting couples to interview. Be optimistic, any time you will get your EEA2 RC.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

masterk
Newly Registered

Post by masterk » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:45 am

Ok thanks bro