ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OCI - HCI London Application & collection Experience

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

prashpatel1
Newly Registered

OCI - HCI London Application & collection Experience

Post by prashpatel1 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:40 am

Hi,

I am planning to made an application in person @ HCI London for family OCI for myself, spouse and baby (12 months old).

I am planning to visit HCI london on 9-sept (Monday).

I have few doubts and hope anyone who have visited HCI london for OCI purposes can throw some light on my doubts pls:-

1. Do i have to stand in left queue or right queue of the main entrance door for OCI fresh application early in the morning? (as there will b 2 queues, one queue will be for OCI fresh applications and second queue will b for passport & other services.)

2. What are the chances of coming out after making OCI application from the hall if Stand in the queue at 6:30 am in the morning?

3. Supporting Docs required for family application of OCI ?

pls assist.

Thanks

prashpatel1
Newly Registered

Re: OCI - HCI London Application & collection Experience

Post by prashpatel1 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:11 am

hi,

Please anyone who have visited HCI london recently advise.
I will really appreciate the help.

Thanks

Raghav1978
Newly Registered

Post by Raghav1978 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:03 pm

Hi Prashpatel1

1.your chance of coming out of HcI by 10 am if you stand in queue around 6 am. As believe me queue will be really long after 6.30 am and you may end up coming out of HCI bit late . Stand in left queue and some one will be coming around that time to tell everyone reg queues for OCI and OCI collection and PiO and other counsular services.

2. If you stand out in queue after 6.30 I reckon it be late roughly 11 am. But it all depends on the no of people standing in queue Infront of you. Better be early and you ll be out of HcI as quickly as you can.

3. Docs required: photocopies of Indian passports, surrender certificate ,copies of naturalisation certificate and birth certificate if you have any children.

Hope I answered all your questions.

Regards
Raghav.

1sppandey

Post by 1sppandey » Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:25 am

Hi

I went for my oci yesterday in London.. I reached by 6.30..there were about 25 people ahead of me. There are actually two queues.. For oci stand in the right hand side que. At 8.30 they started issuing tokens and my number was 19. I had all my paperwork ready and was out by 10.10 am.

I would recommend to be there by 6.30 unless you don't mind staying till late as some times it may take a while as there are many ppl with improper paperwork and that takes up a lot of time on the window.

faisalshb
Newly Registered

Post by faisalshb » Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:51 pm

Things have changed at HCI. They don't give tokens for OCI/PIO anymore. You have to take an appointment online before going to submit the documents.

I had a 12noon appointment today to submit forms to transfer mu kids OCIs to their new passports. Got to the HCI at 11:40am, was allowed in quickly as there were only two people in the line. I took a seat & the counters were calling for people with 11:30am appointmments. Since no one else was coming up, they started calling for 12noon appointments around 11:50am. I was the first to get to the counter & the polite lady processed my fowm within two minutes. I was out of the HCI by 11:55am! Can you believe that?!

One thing I did find though - I only went because the HCI site says that if kids get a new (renewed) passport then they have to get teir OCI transferred to the new passport. The lady at the HCI counter said that this isn't mandatory, it's just for the traveller's convenience. Had I known that before, I would not have bothered applying as we have travelled many times with old & new passport together. However, since I was there & had everything in hand, I decided to apply anyway.

kopper

Post by kopper » Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:13 pm

Thanks for that information.
I knew the system was going to change ever since someone complained about the process, attitude of staff etc. Its about time !!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eq_lj0XG81U

I was planning to go soon to get my daughters's OCI transferred to her new passport for £18.
Are you now saying I shouldnt bother and waste my money and take her old passport for travelling?

faisalshb
Newly Registered

Post by faisalshb » Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:54 pm

@ Kopper.

That's exactly what the lady said - it's not mandatory. There is a chance that you might face some questions at the airport immigration counter if the appearance of your daughter has changed. It's probably worth the £18 hassle to be safe but I have travelled in Aug 2013 with old & new passports for both my kids & we were fine. No questions asked either.

kopper

Post by kopper » Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:09 am

I have now decided to travel earlier on 23rd july due to circumstances, so do you think the OCI transfer/re-issue for my daughter will be completed in time if i apply now?

Is it better taking the risk and take her current oci card and old passport with us or safer to apply for a tourist visa in the mean time?
Shes 5 years old and the photos on her oci card and new british passport is just 6 months apart and there is no significant difference in her appearance.

Thanks

prasanna_1975
Newly Registered

Post by prasanna_1975 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:43 pm

Hello,

Eventhough we book appointment through online, should we need to go at 6 am ? Is the appointment is for the date or the time or both ? Please confirm

prasanna_1975
Newly Registered

Post by prasanna_1975 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:47 pm

Hello,

Eventhough we book appointment through online, should we need to go at 6 am ? Is the appointment is for the date or the time or both ? Please confirm

jacsll55
Mood:
Bahrain

Post by jacsll55 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:47 pm

prasanna_1975 wrote:Hello,

It will be fine if you be there 15 to 20 mins before your appointment time.