ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

fly to NZ from UK for partners interview?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

virus10
Newly Registered

fly to NZ from UK for partners interview?

Post by virus10 » Thu May 24, 2007 6:00 pm

Hi, does anybody think that immigration in New Zealand will expect me to fly from the UK just for an interview? - my partner has been in NZ for 4 months sorting his unmarried partner visa out and he has his interview next week. This would be totally impossible for me to do - work commitments/money etc.

Jon_H

Post by Jon_H » Thu May 24, 2007 8:29 pm

Given the basis for the application is that you are either present and settled or being admitted for settlement at the time of application, this implies to me that they accept that in many circumstances you will be in the UK and your partner applying to join you.

Is there anything questionable about your relationship? Do you have evidence that you have kept in close contact since you have been apart? If you have a long relationship history I would say it wouldn't matter. You will need to show you have kept in touch. Phone bills, print out emails etc. The more the better, even if they don't look at it at least you have the peace of mind that your partner has it with him.

patrickmacgill
Newly Registered

Post by patrickmacgill » Fri May 25, 2007 6:00 pm

It does help to be there. Mine flew to New York for my interview and it made things go a lot smoother. I guess the question is: How bad do you want to ensure he gets his visa?